wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3963 replies to this topic

#1591 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Looking into the Achievement problem. Everyone who's experienced those issues, please go post in the XB3A thread as the folks at MS will be reading it.

Thanks. Just posted this over there since I'm having problems unlocking an achievement in PvZ

"Having this problem as well. A few days ago I unlocked two achievements in Plants vs Zombies, bu the Walnut Achievement didn't show up on xbox.com, just in game. Still hasn't unlocked after playing multiple times and restarting my phone.

What the hell Microsoft??? First there's no deal of the week, now achievements are getting fucked up for Windows Phone. Not playing any games or buying anything for my phone till this issue is resolved. Sheesh, get your shit together"

card.png

ibaJdAH0jhAOUN.gif

#1592 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Why not uninstall and reinstall the game like someone told me to do earlier in this thread? I kid. See, I knew it wasn't on my behalf and figured something was up. No DoTW? Oh well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1593 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Little Acorns is the new game this week. For some reason it's $3 instead of $1 like on iOS. Maybe it'll be like Sally's Spa and release cheaper than expected, otherwise it's an easy pass.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1594 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Awesome, that's one of the few iOS games I've been wanting, so it's definitely a buy for me.

#1595 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

My Mush review is live. Check it out - really proud of the diorama I made for it. :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1596 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

My Mush review is live. Check it out - really proud of the diorama I made for it. :)

Very cool. The diorama's are my favorite feature of wpcentral. :applause:

ps. Still no sign of a DOTW this week. :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1597 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

Good review. You convinced me to buy it :D I'll pick it up once MS fixes these achievement issues. There's no point in playing a glitched game that I'd have to possibly replay in order to unlock some achievements.

card.png

ibaJdAH0jhAOUN.gif

#1598 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Good review. You convinced me to buy it :D I'll pick it up once MS fixes these achievement issues. There's no point in playing a glitched game that I'd have to possibly replay in order to unlock some achievements.

This x1,000,000. My Windows Phone gaming is 100% sidelined. For multiple reasons.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1599 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.

My investigation into the Achievement issues is making progress and I hope to have an article ready tomorrow if the call I have scheduled in a bit goes well.

-Paul Acevedo

#1600 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

I'm assuming the achievements issue is due to some update as I haven't updated my phone in months and have been unlocking achievements in games including Sally's Spa. Or it could be just certain phones. Anyone having achievement issues with HTC Trophy?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1601 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

I though the achievement issue was related to the recent Tango update, but I've spoken with people without Tango that have had issues. Seems like it is totally random. So far I've had no issues with a non-Tango Radar
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#1602 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

No tango here, and had achievement issues. my 3ds is getting alot more playing time since this issue developed.

I hate to bitch, but I am irritated with recent issues coupled with high pricing and no deals. I want to assume this changes, and I hope so if they want their marketplace to be competitive

#1603 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

I hate to bitch, but I am irritated with recent issues coupled with high pricing and no deals. I want to assume this changes, and I hope so if they want their marketplace to be competitive

I'm with you. I hate to sound like a whiner, but I have to admit I'm very frustrated with Xbox Live on WP at the moment. Probably because it finally started feeling like they were making progress on competitive pricing, and all of a sudden have taken a huge step backwards in the last 2 weeks.

#1604 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yea these issues are very frustrating, I didn't realize this achievement issue was happening on multiple games until checking the thread today and the one over on x360a. With the lack of deals the past couple of weeks I haven't been playing much on my phone and this achievement sync issue with definitely keep me away until it is fixed.

eastx, thanks for trying to get an answer from microsoft on what is going on. I'm surprised that the achievement sites haven't made a bigger deal about it since I'd guess that a sizable amount of achievement whores have picked up windows phones.

Hail to Pitt!

#1605 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

well i spoke too soon. The beat Sally's Salon on hard achievement showed it unlocked in game but never got posted to my gamercard. Really dont want to play through every level on hard again. Actually I'd probably have to play thru the levels on normal and hard because you dont have Hard unlocked at the beginning.............

Yet the Survival achievements unlocked fine.

rm8ylt.gif

#1606 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

echo.................echo.........

anyone know the new game for this week?

rm8ylt.gif

#1607 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm with you. I hate to sound like a whiner, but I have to admit I'm very frustrated with Xbox Live on WP at the moment. Probably because it finally started feeling like they were making progress on competitive pricing, and all of a sudden have taken a huge step backwards in the last 2 weeks.

yes, I agree. I have not felt frustrated before, and defend the platform. I just hope this is a short, temporary, setback with pricing and issues.

echo.................echo.........

anyone know the new game for this week?

lol, I think it is the shoot1up.

Btw-my achievements from my games are now showing on my gamercard without having to load the titles up. :D Showed up yesterday

#1608 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

I haven't had any achievement issues yet... but I agree the pricing needs to be a little more competitive. With a lot of the games they seem to be taking the "portable XBLA" approach rather than the "mobile phone" one that they need to be. If they want a "portable XBLA" and price accordingly they just need to realize their own true portable.

Things should get interesting though because I had to send in my Lumia 900 for a new one. I was having a lot of issues and couldn't tell which ones were ATT and which ones were the phone (like the GPS barely working, then stopping altogether).

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1609 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Still no DOTW? Colour me concerned.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1610 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Still no DOTW? Colour me concerned.

Same here. :( I'm really missing the DotW!

#1611 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

I have a feeling the dotw will be MIA until wp8. Just a hunch since it mysteriously disappeared. I would be ok with the lack of dotw if titles were released at competitive prices (like jksonic mentioned). I so would rather buy any game on my wp over my ios devices. I have hope, ms mentioned months ago competitive pricing is a goal of theirs.

On topic, shoot1up, anyone buy? it was up early for a moment, but appears like it is unavailable again for some reason.

#1612 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Maybe good news?

http://playxbla.com/...mment-626050151

I'm not sure who that guy to replied to me is, I didn't google him yet.

#1613 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

interesting, thanks for sharing the link Tyler.

I wonder if that is accurate, also loved your acorns price comment. Hehe

#1614 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:27 AM

Maybe good news?

http://playxbla.com/...mment-626050151

I'm not sure who that guy to replied to me is, I didn't google him yet.

Weird that he doesn't have a LinkedIn profile. But I contacted him anyway.

Also, I made a long overdue update to the first two posts of the thread. If you guys catch any mistakes, please let me know.

-Paul Acevedo

#1615 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

Weird that he doesn't have a LinkedIn profile. But I contacted him anyway.

Also, I made a long overdue update to the first two posts of the thread. If you guys catch any mistakes, please let me know.

Both super minor, but the last 3 newest releases (Shoot1up, Sallys Spa, and Little Acorns) you have priced at $3, but everything you have listed at $2.99. I'm OCD for consistency haha.

Also in the 2nd post, you need to update Fling's price to $2.99.

#1616 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

I am taking a wild guess in saying next weeks release will be Galaga legions DX.

#1617 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

I am taking a wild guess in saying next weeks release will be Galaga legions DX.

2 space shooters in a row? dunno.

rm8ylt.gif

#1618 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Both super minor, but the last 3 newest releases (Shoot1up, Sallys Spa, and Little Acorns) you have priced at $3, but everything you have listed at $2.99. I'm OCD for consistency haha.

Also in the 2nd post, you need to update Fling's price to $2.99.

Thanks man. Fixed.

-Paul Acevedo

#1619 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

More Fairway Solitaire news!

Fairway Solitaire Interview part 1
Fairway Solitaire Interview part 2 - live at long last

Please check out both parts if you've got the time.

Edited by eastx, 24 August 2012 - 02:44 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#1620 MfMonster

MfMonster

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

2 space shooters in a row? dunno.

Well, we have had puzzles several times in a row. ;)

I looked at achievement lists after the post and galaga legions is the only game non-released with achievement list released. Just maybe onto something. If it is not galaga what would be the next guess?
VampirePrincessMiyu...