Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

I'm so pleased with CD:SS. Awesome game, lots of replay. 1$!?!?!?! GJ MS, GJ---
Posted Image

#1712 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Also Monster Island is 1$ on the marketplace atm, and is in the usual slot reserved for dotw
Posted Image

#1713 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

eastx, are the achievements really glitched on Crimson Dragon or what? People are posting on x360a that they are and others are talking about getting "private" versions of the game if you buy it early from a link before it shows up on the marketplace. Any truth to any of this?

Hail to Pitt!

#1714 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Also Monster Island is 1$ on the marketplace atm, and is in the usual slot reserved for dotw

Good catch, I'll buy it for a buck. I actually enjoyed the demo quite a bit! Thank you! Also, great name for the game! *It's not really an island, it's a peninsula*

eastx, are the achievements really glitched on Crimson Dragon or what? People are posting on x360a that they are and others are talking about getting "private" versions of the game if you buy it early from a link before it shows up on the marketplace. Any truth to any of this?

I've had a couple I feel like are glitched already. I have no idea about the 2nd part of your statement. I beat "Planet Draco's Masters" and didn't get anything, and I've equiped myself with a new skill and that didn't unlock that specific achievement either...also my GPS tracker doesn't seem to be working either.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1715 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I've had a couple I feel like are glitched already. I have no idea about the 2nd part of your statement. I beat "Planet Draco's Masters" and didn't get anything, and I've equiped myself with a new skill and that didn't unlock that specific achievement either...also my GPS tracker doesn't seem to be working either.

Here is the thread about the glitched achievements and the 'private' version talk:

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=386838

Have no idea what they are talking about or if they are just trolling, but the person who posted that is pretty knowledgable about 360 & wp stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least partially right.

Hail to Pitt!

#1716 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Wahoo. Bought this and Crimson Dragon.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1717 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

You'll have to wait a weak for mah full review, but the short answer is it has top-notch and unique artistic design, both in the 3D graphics and the 2D drawings, a large quantity of missions, massive number of unlockables to seek out, and dragons. The low price doesn't hurt either.

Those are all good qualities to have in a game, but they don't make it anymore fun for me. Oh well...it's just another one of those genres that I don't "get". Kinda like Monster Hunter games; people talk about them like they're the best things since sliced bread while I'm left wondering how anyone manages to enjoy them at all.

#1718 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Here is the thread about the glitched achievements and the 'private' version talk:

Have no idea what they are talking about or if they are just trolling, but the person who posted that is pretty knowledgable about 360 & wp stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least partially right.

Pretty much the exact same problems I'm running into. The GPS not working exactly right and the skill achievement not unlocking (though someone posted they were able to get it eventually)

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1719 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Also, Monster Island is labeled as DotW on my phone too. I'm happy to see it discounted 66% instead of the normal 33%, hope that happens more often in the future.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1720 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Woohoo! Glad to see DOTW return in a big way with Monster Island for $0.99! Just DL'ed it right now. Good timing since I was done with most of my current WP7 games, save for Wordament and Chickens Can't Fly, neither of which I'll likely ever finish.

Think I'll wait a bit longer on Crimson Dragon for it to properly pop up at the top of the game store.

#1721 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

There was an incident earlier this year in which we received 'preview links' for the 5 Must Have Games, allowing us all to buy them early. Little did we know that these didn't count as purchasing the normal version. The games we got were never updated and couldn't be redownloaded after the links got pulled a short time later. Some people (including me) were able to get refunds from Microsoft support down the line.

However, since that happened we haven't come across even one preview link, nor would we knowingly post them if we did. The Crimson Dragon SS link on our site is the same one you'd find by visiting the actual web Microsoft Store.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1722 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'll try out Monster Island, see how it is. Purchased Crimson Dragon and did have fun with it. Can't complain really for a $1 and expect much but was worth the purchase. Paul, just saw your site crush the iPhone 5, damn daniel went in! Looking forward to the Nokia Lumia 920!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1723 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

There was an incident earlier this year in which we received 'preview links' for the 5 Must Have Games, allowing us all to buy them early. Little did we know that these didn't count as purchasing the normal version. The games we got were never updated and couldn't be redownloaded after the links got pulled a short time later. Some people (including me) were able to get refunds from Microsoft support down the line.

However, since that happened we haven't come across even one preview link, nor would we knowingly post them if we did. The Crimson Dragon SS link on our site is the same one you'd find by visiting the actual web Microsoft Store.

interesting. Well, I cannot get the title to download. I bought it and it shows up in the queue. it will act like it is going to download, but then no dice, tells me to retry. At first I thought it just needed WiFi connection, but that did not work either. I downloaded the monster dotw and ESPN radio with zero issues. Have a feeling I am screwed?

Anyone ever have this problem? it had to happen to a game I was really looking forward to, too.

#1724 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

interesting. Well, I cannot get the title to download. I bought it and it shows up in the queue. it will act like it is going to download, but then no dice, tells me to retry. At first I thought it just needed WiFi connection, but that did not work either. I downloaded the monster dotw and ESPN radio with zero issues. Have a feeling I am screwed?

Anyone ever have this problem? it had to happen to a game I was really looking forward to, too.

I had similar issues getting the game downloaded and installed, I contributed it to the fact that it must be a pretty big download (forgot the check exactly how big before dling) and my phone kept going to sleep and killing the connection. I had to try multiple times before I connected my phone to my PC, which forced the phone to stay "awake" and I also noticed the screen on the phone said "Downloading apps, please do not disconnect" or something similar. Once I did that, I had no issues whatsoever.

As for the game, I love it!...but I'm not very good at it. A shame the primary way to get "jewels" so I don't have to start over from the beginning of the mission you is to buy them. I know the game is only a dollar, but with games like this charging money for in-game currency I feel like I'm a sucker playing one of those stupid Facebook games. :\ But that's my opinion. The quality of Crimson Dragon itself is superb so far, just wish a) I was better at it or b) didn't have that "jewel == continues" system.

#1725 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Think that happened to me once. Try powering off your phone and coming back to it. If that doesn't work, cancel the download and start it again.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1726 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I had similar issues getting the game downloaded and installed, I contributed it to the fact that it must be a pretty big download (forgot the check exactly how big before dling) and my phone kept going to sleep and killing the connection. I had to try multiple times before I connected my phone to my PC, which forced the phone to stay "awake" and I also noticed the screen on the phone said "Downloading apps, please do not disconnect" or something similar. Once I did that, I had no issues whatsoever.

As for the game, I love it!...but I'm not very good at it. A shame the primary way to get "jewels" so I don't have to start over from the beginning of the mission you is to buy them. I know the game is only a dollar, but with games like this charging money for in-game currency I feel like I'm a sucker playing one of those stupid Facebook games. :\ But that's my opinion. The quality of Crimson Dragon itself is superb so far, just wish a) I was better at it or b) didn't have that "jewel == continues" system.

Think that happened to me once. Try powering off your phone and coming back to it. If that doesn't work, cancel the download and start it again.

Thank you for the suggestions. It started to freeze up my phone, all times became frozen and blank. I had to take the battery out to fix. I will try the suggestions again once I get home. First real issue I have had. Suppose that is good.

Any news on next weeks title?

#1727 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Any news on next weeks title?

Microsoft said they will let me know on Friday or Monday... Which usually means Tuesday morning, heh.

On the plus side, got my review codes for Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV to work today (they were acting up yesterday). But of course, that's 360 stuff.

-Paul Acevedo

#1728 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. It started to freeze up my phone, all times became frozen and blank. I had to take the battery out to fix. I will try the suggestions again once I get home. First real issue I have had. Suppose that is good.

How much space do you have left on your phone? That sounds a lot like what happens to my Focus Flash when I'm low on space (or if it's a huge download).

On the plus side, got my review codes for Kinect Nat Geo TV and Kinect Sesame Street TV to work today (they were acting up yesterday). But of course, that's 360 stuff.

Codes? Do you have a debug unit? If so, I envy you.

#1729 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Codes? Do you have a debug unit? If so, I envy you.

I wish! Both games are being published as episodic downloadable titles in addition to retail discs. Interestingly, the downloadable versions have different Achievements than the retail ones, making them stackable.

The codes wouldn't work on Xbox.com, presumably because the games don't have pages there yet or something. Yet they downloaded fine through the console. First time I've encountered that issue.

-Paul Acevedo

#1730 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

My Crimson Dragon save data reset today for no apparent reason. I was level 6 and had beaten several Missions, including the first and longest one. Even A and S ranked several...

So disappointed about this. I was set to start a strategy guide for it tonight, but now I have to go back through the whole game again. AND hope my save data doesn't disappear once more.

On the plus side, i complained to Microsoft support and they gave me 600 MS Points to buy new gems with. That should help me catch up-ish, but I'll still have to redo everything I did before.

-Paul Acevedo

#1731 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

My Crimson Dragon save data reset today for no apparent reason. I was level 6 and had beaten several Missions, including the first and longest one. Even A and S ranked several...

So disappointed about this. I was set to start a strategy guide for it tonight, but now I have to go back through the whole game again. AND hope my save data doesn't disappear once more.

On the plus side, i complained to Microsoft support and they gave me 600 MS Points to buy new gems with. That should help me catch up-ish, but I'll still have to redo everything I did before.

hell id use that 600 pts in something else.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1732 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

hell id use that 600 pts in something else.

I'm earmarking 400 of it for gems as I actually do want the game's full GamerScore, and that will cut down on the grinding a bit. Really time is much more valuable than money to me since I only have so much of the former to go around (though money's tight at times too). Wish I could just get my progress back, but this'll have to do.

-Paul Acevedo

#1733 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

It seems as the windows phone got the same UFC app the xbox has because i just checked the windows phone MP and it says UFC on Xbox Live its free but you pay for the ppv i guess i havent downloaded it yet and checked.

#1734 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

I wish! Both games are being published as episodic downloadable titles in addition to retail discs. Interestingly, the downloadable versions have different Achievements than the retail ones, making them stackable.

The codes wouldn't work on Xbox.com, presumably because the games don't have pages there yet or something. Yet they downloaded fine through the console. First time I've encountered that issue.

Ah, okay, gotcha. I didn't know about the episodic downloads, so I was a little confused at first. That's interesting that the codes won't work on the site; I don't think I've ever encountered that either, even when getting a game a couple of months in advance.

That sucks about your Crimson Dragon save...it's just more evidence that Microsoft desperately needs to change how saves work. At least you got some points out of it, though. Reminds me of one of my favorite things about reviewing DSiWare games: the DSi store didn't have a way for people to share games (via gifting or codes), so instead of getting review copies, I would get 1000 and 2000 point cards! Because these often came out of the pockets of the developers and publishers, I would usually spend the points on other games they had released (as long as they weren't rubbish).

#1735 jyerby

jyerby

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU to the OP and anyone else who contributed to this. Glad to know I'm not the only CAG user who rocks a Windows Phone. Now I just need to get around to dropping Sprint on their ass so I can get a decent one. Dont get me wrong : The HTC Arrive is a fine phone. In fact I've had it 1.5 years and its the only phone I've owned that I dont completely hate after having this long. I usually go 8 months before I cant stand my effing phone anymore. But still, after seeing the hotness that is Lumia 920, and knowing that Sprint has zero interest in supporting the platform, I need to make a switch.

#1736 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

Funny how so many CAGs here are Sprint users. Makes sense I guess, IMO Sprint is the cheapest option out there. IMO they're also the worst.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1737 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

i finally got crimson dragon to download! I think it was just the WiFi and size of the download. Anyway, sweet title, and I look forward to more like this.
Anyone thinking about a windows 8 pad, like the surface?
It sounds like most of us sprint users are willing to switch carriers for another phone. I want the lumia 920 just for the camera!

eastx, I am interested in your review of the Kinect sesame street and natgeo. I have the sesame street preordered.

#1738 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

Funny how so many CAGs here are Sprint users. Makes sense I guess, IMO Sprint is the cheapest option out there. IMO they're also the worst.

I don't know if the prices vary by region, but when my contract with AT&T was up, I checked out all of the other providers that offer WP7 because AT&T is so damn expensive. Sadly, after researching all of the options, I discovered that they are actually the best deal available around here. It was technically possible to get a cheaper plan through Sprint, but the minutes and data were horrible and they didn't offer a free WP7 option (not sure if they do now).

#1739 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

I don't know if the prices vary by region, but when my contract with AT&T was up, I checked out all of the other providers that offer WP7 because AT&T is so damn expensive. Sadly, after researching all of the options, I discovered that they are actually the best deal available around here. It was technically possible to get a cheaper plan through Sprint, but the minutes and data were horrible and they didn't offer a free WP7 option (not sure if they do now).

They don't, and never have offered a free WP7 I don't believe.

I'm on a 5 person family plan, so that helps with my costs too, but we share 1500 mins (all mobile to mobile and non-peak hours & weekends are free) with unlimited texting and data, and I pay $47/month.

Just wondering if that's pretty cheap, or I could actually find a comparable deal with AT&T or Verizon?

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1740 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

That's damn cheap. When I tried looking through all of the options at Sprint, I never saw anything like that! Or is that just your share of the total bill? 'Cause according to the web site, the 1500-minute plan is $150. In any case, I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than what you're paying...at least not for an individual plan. I pay almost $70 for 450 minutes, 100 texts, and 300 MB on AT&T. Even now, that's still the best deal I can find in my area.

If your entire family were to switch, you could get a similar plan with AT&T for $170. It's 100 fewer minutes and 3 GB of data instead of unlimited, but unless you guys live on your phones all day everyday, I imagine the difference is probably negligible. It's definitely not as good of a deal, though...AT&T doesn't appear to have very good family plans.

Edited by ZombieToast, 15 September 2012 - 02:16 AM.