wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4044 replies to this topic

#1741 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Well new job is now paying for my phone contract so off to ATT I go. My HD7 is up for grabs if anyone is interested.

76561198014930049.png

#1742 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

That's damn cheap. When I tried looking through all of the options at Sprint, I never saw anything like that! Or is that just your share of the total bill? 'Cause according to the web site, the 1500-minute plan is $150. In any case, I don't think you'll find anything cheaper than what you're paying...at least not for an individual plan. I pay almost $70 for 450 minutes, 100 texts, and 300 MB on AT&T. Even now, that's still the best deal I can find in my area.

If your entire family were to switch, you could get a similar plan with AT&T for $170. It's 100 fewer minutes and 3 GB of data instead of unlimited, but unless you guys live on your phones all day everyday, I imagine the difference is probably negligible. It's definitely not as good of a deal, though...AT&T doesn't appear to have very good family plans.

Ya, the $47 is my share. It's the split of the $150 deal, plus extra data charges, taxes etc.

That AT&T deal doesn't sound too shabby, I will look into it a little bit more. I think everyone on our plan is slowly getting sick of Sprint and wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get on with a different provider. Thanks!

Well new job is now paying for my phone contract so off to ATT I go. My HD7 is up for grabs if anyone is interested.

I'm lucky, my job pays for my phone too. Well, they pay one flat rate, so I'm still incentivized to keep my phone bill as low as possible.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#1743 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

Ya, the $47 is my share. It's the split of the $150 deal, plus extra data charges, taxes etc.

That AT&T deal doesn't sound too shabby, I will look into it a little bit more. I think everyone on our plan is slowly getting sick of Sprint and wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks to get on with a different provider. Thanks!

I'm lucky, my job pays for my phone too. Well, they pay one flat rate, so I'm still incentivized to keep my phone bill as low as possible.

My client was like "I need to contact you on the weekends" so I told him to pay for my cell and he will have contact over weekends/holidays etc. I'm sure him rolling in two new lines is negligible in comparison to the rest of his business account but hell, free phone, gotta take it. ATT can suck dick but oh well. Free costs less. Hell I might as well get an iPhone 5 for that line.

I know my wife and I had our bill down so low the CS reps couldn't believe it. I stacked every possible discount that was offered from my past job and rolled it over. On top of a good ~27% off the top from the state discounts we received CGs that we could apply directly to our balance. Our bill for 2 unlimited every lines was around ~$65/mo and I had bought the phones on contract for $.99 price matching Amazon at the time and they took the offer in store.

76561198014930049.png

#1744 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Whatever you go with, I wish you the best of luck. People give AT&T a lot of flack, but I've been using them for 6 or 7 years with no problems. Customer service has always been good and they have great coverage and reception; I rarely encounter dropped calls and I've never had to worry about being without service for any reason...except for when I drive up to see my family...there's a stretch of road where absolutely no cell phone works because of the mountains and lack of cell towers (it's the only place I know of in the state that still requires call boxes).

A lot of people swear by Verizon, but my ex had them and the service was atrocious. She couldn't go five minutes without losing a call and when she stayed at my place, she could only get service in one corner of my room. Of course, I suppose that will depend somewhat on your area.

#1745 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Tetris finally gets a much needed price reduction. the original price of $4.99 down to $2.99. It has been a dotw a couple times and has mixed reviews. It appears most of the mixed reviews come down to controls.

#1746 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

The controls on Tetris are horrible. I gave up on it without unlocking a single achievement. So far, that's my only WP game purchase that I regret.

#1747 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Tetris finally gets a much needed price reduction. the original price of $4.99 down to $2.99. It has been a dotw a couple times and has mixed reviews. It appears most of the mixed reviews come down to controls.

For Tetris masters who are freakishly good at the game, ya the controls probably won't be good enough.

But for casual play, I didn't once have a problem with the controls.

#1748 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

People give AT&T a lot of flack, but I've been using them for 6 or 7 years with no problems. Customer service has always been good and they have great coverage and reception;.

A lot of people swear by Verizon, but my ex had them and the service was atrocious. She couldn't go five minutes without losing a call and when she stayed at my place, she could only get service in one corner of my room. Of course, I suppose that will depend somewhat on your area.

^This^

While I've only been with AT&T for about a year and a half, I feel the same way. I had VZW for several years and I hated them; horrible phone selection, terrible service (except where I used to live at, and they were the only carrier that had service, but even then it was 1-2 bars at max), mean/nasty CSRs, one of the best things about moving a couple years back was the fact I could finally kick them to the curb and get a decent carrier. Every carrier has its pros and cons, but I feel like AT&T gives us the most "bang for our buck" (plus my wife picked them, lol).

#1749 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

The controls on Tetris are horrible. I gave up on it without unlocking a single achievement. So far, that's my only WP game purchase that I regret.

I have only played the trial and I am not a huge fan of Tetris so at either price it was an easy pass for me.

For Tetris masters who are freakishly good at the game, ya the controls probably won't be good enough.

But for casual play, I didn't once have a problem with the controls.

the controls did not seem much of an issue during the trial for me either, but like you mentioned, I am not great at Tetris. If it dropped to .99 I would buy.

^This^

While I've only been with AT&T for about a year and a half, I feel the same way. I had VZW for several years and I hated them; horrible phone selection, terrible service (except where I used to live at, and they were the only carrier that had service, but even then it was 1-2 bars at max), mean/nasty CSRs, one of the best things about moving a couple years back was the fact I could finally kick them to the curb and get a decent carrier. Every carrier has its pros and cons, but I feel like AT&T gives us the most "bang for our buck" (plus my wife picked them, lol).

i am going to consider AT&T. I just hope the service exceeds t-mobile in my area. I tried TM and I had basically zero service everywhere I went. Shoot, I was 5 miles from a t-mobile store and my phone was dropping calls.

Verizon and sprint are good in my neck of the woods, and sprint is the cheapest but slower speeds. Sprint also has a poor selection of phones I want. ;-)

So far it comes down to a lumia 920. The camera specs are awesome and the pics is something I would use often. The Samsung ativ looks slick too (galaxy III). Curious what HTC will bring. I think it is a 99% chance the lumia 920 will be at AT&T, hence my desire to check on the quality of service in my area.

#1750 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Tiki Towers is DotW, only $0.99! I could get used to 66% off on DotW! Feels like MS is doing a better job at not repeating games as DotW's as well, but that just might be an anomaly.

Some French-named game is this week's release. Looks kind of cool.

#1751 infamy

infamy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Anyone know if they're going to follow Final Fantasy with II and III, like iOS? It's cool getting achievements for the early Final Fantasies on my Xbox profile, lol.

[currently playing]

:360: Forza 5, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Killer Instinct, Rayman Legends

:ps3: Anarchy Reigns

:baby: My beautiful baby daughter

#1752 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

any word on the new game this week? or does that UFC app count as the game this week?

ill nab Tiki Towers for sure.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1753 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

The new game this week is Contre Jour:
http://www.wpcentral...dows-phone-week
http://www.wpcentral...x-windows-phone

#1754 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

HTC 8 X (Windows 8 Phone) coming to Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT & T - Great news for you guys who aren't on AT & T for some reason.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1755 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

HTC 8 X (Windows 8 Phone) coming to Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT & T - Great news for you guys who aren't on AT & T for some reason.

awesome news as I have Verizon.

rm8ylt.gif

#1756 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Nice, Flamed Liquid! Are you eligible for an upgrade anytime soon?

-Paul Acevedo

#1757 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Welp don't with WP7. Phone sold within 24 hours of listing it on eBay.

Good riddance. lol

76561198014930049.png

#1758 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

^Um......bye?

#1759 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

^Um......bye?

He also appears to have deleted me from his Steam friends list, quite randomly. Bipolar outburst?

-Paul Acevedo

#1760 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

He also appears to have deleted me from his Steam friends list, quite randomly. Bipolar outburst?

Odd. I figured I'd drop him from my Xbox friends list, I'll definitely do that now. But with his achievement score, I can't believe he's giving up on WP. WP is an achievement whore's best friend!

#1761 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

probably not the best place for this, but it seems we're plenty off topic, so here goes!

I want the lumia 920. So bad I'd eat a bowl of poo. my upgrades not till nov 13'. What are my options?
(I'd be upgrading from the 900, if it matters).
Posted Image

#1762 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

probably not the best place for this, but it seems we're plenty off topic, so here goes!

I want the lumia 920. So bad I'd eat a bowl of poo. my upgrades not till nov 13'. What are my options?

Go into the store and throw poo at them till they give you the upgrade!

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1763 PhQTwo

PhQTwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

You can either get killed with an ETF, buy another for full price (from carrier) or used on eBay, or add a line with the cheapest data plan (for example, AT&T $15). That is what I did (added a line) when I wanted a WP7 and was still under contract for my iPhone.

#1764 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

It'd be nice if Nokia offered an upgrade program like HTC is doing. Heck, I actually have an HTC Trophy I'd like to offload.

-Paul Acevedo

#1765 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

It would definitely be nice if Nokia had a similar offer. But considering that my phone is apparently only worth $35, it wouldn't do me much good. Meh. It kills me that I have to wait another year until I can upgrade. Makes me wish I would've waited a few months to renew my contract.

#1766 xgpsun628

xgpsun628

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

You can either get killed with an ETF, buy another for full price (from carrier) or used on eBay, or add a line with the cheapest data plan (for example, AT&T $15). That is what I did (added a line) when I wanted a WP7 and was still under contract for my iPhone.

haha, shouldve said, whatre my options thatd cost me under 300$ :\
Posted Image

#1767 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Would be nice if Tiki Towers would drop in price, too.

#1768 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:37 AM

Nice, Flamed Liquid! Are you eligible for an upgrade anytime soon?

well my contract ends in August. Not sure if Ill get some type of upgrade deal or not. if i have to trade my trophy in though, ill probably just keep it and buy a windows 8 phone..have too mant games to just hand over my phone.

rm8ylt.gif

#1769 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Would be nice if Tiki Towers would drop in price, too.

It finally did this morning for me. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1770 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

It finally did this morning for me. :)

Yup, mine too. Bought! Thanks! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals