wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3891 replies to this topic

#1771 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Ugh! My Crimson Dragon save data reset today. First Roll in the Hole and now this one too. I think I'm done with the game for now until there's a patch, since it has some massive grindfest achievements that would be a huge time investment just to get a random data reset. It's a shame too because I was really enjoying the game and liked checking out the new upgrades.

I should complain to MS too, but not sure it's worth the time investment to wait out and argue over the phone over $0.99 and the possibility of a few MS points.

#1772 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sorry that happened to you too, man. There is a Crimson Dragon patch coming that will fix the save data bug. Like you said, probably a good idea to wait for it.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1773 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Luckily haven't had the Crimson Dragon data reset yet, but I'm still not going to play it anymore until the patch. And Gunstar is right, it's a huge grindfest anyway, so I may pick up a couple more achievements then call it good on that one.

On an unrelated note, Monster Island is becoming one of my favorite WP games. It's like Angry Birds, but a million times better because it's actually fair and you don't have to rely on the physics within the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1774 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hey guys, did you know that the new game this week is Real Soccer, and the Deal of the Week is sports related too! It's Let's Golf 2, cut down to $1.99 from the original $4.99! That's 60% off! And if you're not a comletionist with 100% on your gamertag, who cares if one of the achievements is glitched? It's an awesome mobile golf game for $2.

In other news, Rocket Riot just received an awesome update with everyone's favorite, AVATAR AWARDS! I'd love to see a price drop or DotW on it soon, since it's still $4.99, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing one sooner or later! Speaking of updates, Crimson Dragon is due for an update soon too, to fix some of the glitches in that game like the GPS not working correctly and the save data erasure problems too!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1775 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'm not even remotely interested in either of those games, so this is a good week for me. I'm always happy to not feel inclined to spend money.

#1776 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

Aww, Let's Golf 2 is pretty fun IMO. Thanks for the eloquent link posting, Tyler!

Also, people whose dark hearts don't prevent them from liking sports games will be happy to know that Real Soccer is now available. :-D

-Paul Acevedo

#1777 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Aww, Let's Golf 2 is pretty fun IMO. Thanks for the eloquent link posting, Tyler!

Also, people whose dark hearts don't prevent them from liking sports games will be happy to know that Real Soccer is now available. :-D

Haha no problem.

Let's Golf 2 is probably the game I want the most that I don't already own, so this is a GREAT DotW for me!

It's still kind of shocking to me how DotW has been recently. It randomly disappears for 6 weeks, then comes back with 4 straight DotWs on games that haven't had a sale yet, and 3 of those got discounts of more than 50%! Maybe Xbox Live for WP got an awesome new portfolio manager or something, but these deals have been really great of late.

#1778 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager changed since Microsoft regularly does that for very little reason. Also, when we got word the program was coming back, I gave them some specific feedback about the program that they may have listened to. Could just be a coincidence, but you know I'm always trying to help/butt in.

To clarify my previous comment, I don't actually like most sports games and I didn't buy Real Soccer, but I make an exception for easy-to-learn, lighthearted ones like Let's Golf 2.

-Paul Acevedo

#1779 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

I have nothing against Let's Golf; it's just not something I find appealing. Sports are incredibly boring to me, so it's rare for me to actually enjoy a game based on them. When it comes to golf, my go-to game 3D Ultra Minigolf (the prequel to the crappy XBLA games), which is pretty much all I need.

#1780 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the manager changed since Microsoft regularly does that for very little reason. Also, when we got word the program was coming back, I gave them some specific feedback about the program that they may have listened to. Could just be a coincidence, but you know I'm always trying to help/butt in.

To clarify my previous comment, I don't actually like most sports games and I didn't buy Real Soccer, but I make an exception for easy-to-learn, lighthearted ones like Let's Golf 2.

Cool, maybe they took your feedback to heart. :)

On consoles I enjoy FIFA and NHL games and the Tiger Woods series, but on phones I'm not a big fan of realistic sports sims. PES 2011 was OK but nothing special.

#1781 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Let's Golf 2 is still showing as $4.99 for me. Can't wait till it hits $2. I'll snatch it up the moment it becomes available!!!

Real Soccer was okay, just not worth more than $1 to me. Once Crimson Dragon gets that update, I'll pick that one up too.

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#1782 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Has anyone else noticed the xbox.com mobile page?

Deal of the Week

Final Fantasy
On sale for $4.99 this week only, guide the Warriors of Light as they set out on a quest to restore the crystals to their former luster in this classic role-playing game that defined the genre.

It's still listed as $6.99 on the Marketplace. Maybe they slipped and revealed next week's deal?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1783 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Has anyone else noticed the xbox.com mobile page?

It's still listed as $6.99 on the Marketplace. Maybe they slipped and revealed next week's deal?

Nope, hadn't noticed. I can't find exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean go to xbox.com on my phone and it's listed there?

Anyway, I hope that's true. I think I'd drop $5 on it just to have it, even though I may never play it.

#1784 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Nope, hadn't noticed. I can't find exactly what you're referring to. Do you mean go to xbox.com on my phone and it's listed there?

Anyway, I hope that's true. I think I'd drop $5 on it just to have it, even though I may never play it.

Sorry, I thought I linked it.

www.xbox.com/Live/Mobile

It's since been corrected and now shows Let's Golf 2 as the DOTW.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1785 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Sorry, I thought I linked it.

www.xbox.com/Live/Mobile

It's since been corrected and now shows Let's Golf 2 as the DOTW.

Oh gotcha. Well I hope you're right and that is DotW next week. *crosses fingers*

#1786 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Anyone else notice Tentacles is now $0.99?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1787 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

^Good game for $0.99. I got it for $3 and don't regret it, thought it's nothing special. Achievements are very hard.

#1788 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

And like that...

The price of Tentacles now almost as small as its protagonist

-Paul Acevedo

#1789 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

And like that...

The price of Tentacles now almost as small as its protagonist

:)

In case it was some sort of pricing mistake, I jumped to buy it quickly. However, once I loaded the Marketplace I found out I already bought it when it was $1.99 for DOTW.

I hate when that happens. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1790 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Oh man...I was bored earlier, so I cleared some room on my phone for the Contre Jour demo because I forgot that I hadn't tried it yet... I think I'm in love. I mean, it's just a cross between Tentacles and Cut The Rope and a million other collect-these-things-and-go-to-the-exit games, but I had a lot of fun with it. Microsoft really needs to give us a better way of storing game data so we can uninstall games without losing our data. I would have to delete a couple of games to make room for this (my phone lags/freezes otherwise) and I don't want to lose any progress.

#1791 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

sweet.getting Tentacles. And I'm in the same boat, Zombie. Running out of space. I've been deleting a lot of music I have saved on my phone lately. Only have like 500 mb of free space at the moment and I narrowed my music from like 1,000 songs to like 400.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1792 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I'd kill for 500 MB. My poor phone is barely chugging along as is and I'm not even sure what's taking up so much space. My apps take up about 120 MB and my games should only take up 600-800 MB. I already transferred all of my videos to my PC and I never had any music on my phone... Makes me wish I could find an app that shows you where all of your data is tied up, but I've had no luck.

#1793 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:40 AM

I would just delete as many apps and games as possible. If you've finished off any games Achievement-wise, those should be the first to go. You do risk losing the game for good if it gets delisted, but what else can you do with so little space to store them?

-Paul Acevedo

#1794 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Part of the problem is that I'm about halfway through all of these games. Achievements aren't a concern, but I definitely don't want to lose game progress, not even for the one or two I've completed. I already removed games that I hadn't started yet. I just wish Microsoft would save gameplay data to the GPD and make this a non-issue.

#1795 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Part of the problem is that I'm about halfway through all of these games. Achievements aren't a concern, but I definitely don't want to lose game progress, not even for the one or two I've completed. I already removed games that I hadn't started yet. I just wish Microsoft would save gameplay data to the GPD and make this a non-issue.

Exactly. I have held off buying some games because of this. Final fantasy would have been bought if I could transfer save data. Too bad.

#1796 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

No word on DotW yet, but the new game this week is Extraction and it only cost $1. Woohoo!

#1797 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

I am waiting until the last minute with lets golf 2. Demo is great but broken achievements with no love from developer makes me hesitant. decisions...

#1798 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

^If you like golf games, I'd say buy it. It definitely plays well and it's not really very hard.

The one broken achievement, and then promise of an update that never came through is hard to forgive. But the game is really pretty good, I've sunk 6 hours into it already, according to Raptr.

There is also an achievement for maxing out your XP. On the leaderboard EastX's score is about double mine, and I noticed he doesn't have the achievement yet either. I don't know how long it takes, but it could easily take 20 hours or more to get that achievement anyway. So there's a very good chance that most people wouldn't 200/200 this game even if it were possible.

#1799 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

^If you like golf games, I'd say buy it. It definitely plays well and it's not really very hard.

The one broken achievement, and then promise of an update that never came through is hard to forgive. But the game is really pretty good, I've sunk 6 hours into it already, according to Raptr.

There is also an achievement for maxing out your XP. On the leaderboard EastX's score is about double mine, and I noticed he doesn't have the achievement yet either. I don't know how long it takes, but it could easily take 20 hours or more to get that achievement anyway. So there's a very good chance that most people wouldn't 200/200 this game even if it were possible.

I may buy it then. I love hot shots golf, and sunk dozens of hours into it on my psp. This reminds me of it.

off topic:
Interesting the rumor that MS may be entering into the phone hardware market. I presume the surface sells well they will put a phone out too. Cannot wait for a surface.

#1800 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

woohoo, another $1 game.

this makes my 100th game. :P

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif