wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4013 replies to this topic

#1921 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

Decided to pick up Pirates!....I use to love playing this game and I have a prepaid card with just over 2 bucks on it so this will let me use that up while getting a game that I enjoy.

EDIT: Or not, as I say that my phone gives me an error....I'll try again later I guess.

659629.png?68329996

#1922 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

Bought the new hunting game. I like it a lot more then he other one but seems impossible to get 100% on some of those mini games. Especially the dove and duck ones. Only got 100% on the cow pie and bottle one. Got close with the frog and gopher one a few times but always miss one or two.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1923 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

so, is angry birds star wars for just windows phone 8 or 7 get chewbacca goodness too?

Not that I care that much, but it is intriguing

#1924 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Supposedly it will be on WP8 but we'll see. Anyone remember when sonic CD and sonic 4 episode 2 were supposed to be on WP7?

#1925 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

the new windows phones look amazing. hopefully they give sprint some love too. i really don't want to switch providers, and i get a nice discount from sprint with my employer.

#1926 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

the new windows phones look amazing. hopefully they give sprint some love too. i really don't want to switch providers, and i get a nice discount from sprint with my employer.

It's actually Sprint that needs to give WP8 some love. But there have been rumors of at least one WP8 phone coming to Sprint sometime next year.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1927 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Gonna try out Pirates! tonight to see if I want it. Here's hoping the DotW pops up early today!!!

card.png

#1928 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Gonna try out Pirates! tonight to see if I want it. Here's hoping the DotW pops up early today!!!

Don't get your hopes up too high...

Earthworm Jim is the Deal of the Week

The much better news:

The Lumia 920 launches at AT & T for $99 this Friday

Once again, this begs the question: why the heck is anyone on Sprint instead of AT & T?

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1929 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

For some reason I can't get the demo to install on my phone.

Don't get your hopes up too high...

Earthworm Jim is the Deal of the Week

The much better news:

Once again, this begs the question: why the heck is anyone on Sprint instead of AT & T?

Earthworm Jim, yuck! I wouldn't pay more than $0.99 for that. But it's the first crappy DotW we've had in a while, so it's OK.

I still think Sprint is the cheapest service provider by a wide margin. Their phones just suck.

Also, any word on whether the DoDonpachi price drop is a sale or not? I also saw that they pushed out an update for it.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1930 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I still think Sprint is the cheapest service provider by a wide margin. Their phones just suck.

Also, any word on whether the DoDonpachi price drop is a sale or not? I also saw that they pushed out an update for it.

Sure, but is saving $10 or $15 a month worth not having access to the phone you want, which would likely be cheaper at AT & T even if they did both offer it? These things sell for $600 off-contract, after all.

Checking with MS on the Dodonpachi question, but no answer yet.

We have a post on this week's Xbox Live release coming up. If I'm away when it goes live, please post it here for me, good buddy. :)

-Paul Acevedo

#1931 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Sure, but is saving $10 or $15 a month worth not having access to the phone you want, which would likely be cheaper at AT & T even if they did both offer it? These things sell for $600 off-contract, after all.

We have a post on this week's Xbox Live release coming up. If I'm away when it goes live, please post it here for me, good buddy. :)

Eastx, any news on Ativ-S on-contract pricing at AT&T?

If not, care to give us an educated guess ?

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1932 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's definitely a give and take situation. If I wasn't part of a 5 person family plan I might be more likely to move to AT&T as well. Thanks for checking on DoDonpachi, maybe I should just buy it considering it's $11.99 on iOS and since this week's DotW is so lame.

#1933 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Has anything been done with the load times for Pirates since it was released? It was one of my favorite games from back in the day, but the long load times on WP were a deal breaker for me especially considering the amount of times you have to switch back and forth between game modes and mini games.

Hail to Pitt!

#1934 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I cannot decide if I want Pirates or not. It appears to be fun, but I have a long list of games already and may not get to it soon. Is it a must buy??

I did buy DonDonpachi when it dropped. Only because I don't think we will see it cheaper for a while and it is fun. Plus I need some variety.

Earthworm is that bad?! Sheesh. I suppose I won't even bother to trial.

Speaking on Sprint, that is what I am currently stuck on until at least March/April. My only other choice due to coverage is Verizon and I may switch if Sprint is still sucking when March hits. I love the HTC 8x, NICE phone! If I was to pick it would between the 8x or the Lumia 920. 8-)

#1935 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

The much better news:

That is fantastic news! Our contract doesn't expire until June next year so hopefully by then the phone will be free! :D

#1936 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

I cannot decide if I want Pirates or not. It appears to be fun, but I have a long list of games already and may not get to it soon. Is it a must buy??

I did buy DonDonpachi when it dropped. Only because I don't think we will see it cheaper for a while and it is fun. Plus I need some variety.

Earthworm is that bad?! Sheesh. I suppose I won't even bother to trial.

Speaking on Sprint, that is what I am currently stuck on until at least March/April. My only other choice due to coverage is Verizon and I may switch if Sprint is still sucking when March hits. I love the HTC 8x, NICE phone! If I was to pick it would between the 8x or the Lumia 920. 8-)

I found Earthworm Jim's controls to be awful. It is dated and honestly doesn't even have the best controls on XBLA, and it's a tough game. So the touch screen controls just make it that much more difficult and frustrating. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except those with nostalgia glasses for the game.

#1937 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Think Ill buy a 920

#1938 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Ok, so my wife is really interested in getting a WP8. She currently has an iPhone and I know obviously she won't be able to do anything with the apps she bought on iTunes but what about the music? Personally I have never really used iTunes so I don't really know a whole lot about it, but does anyone have any experience with putting iTunes music on a windows phone? It's my understanding that it is somewhat hard to get the music out if you want to put it on a non-apple device.

Also, forgive my ignorance on this, but do the new WP8 still sync with Zune and can you have multiple accounts, one for each phone?

I'm used to being the odd man out, owning a WP when all my friends have iPhone or android, and owning an Xbox while all my friends have a PS3. The thought of having my wife on the same platform is something I never really considered, but exciting.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

#1939 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

There is an app for apple computers (imacs, macbooks, etc.) that lets you connect your Windows Phone and sync your music and all from itunes. It's called "windows phone" and I use it on my iMac for my Samsung Focus.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1940 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

There is an app for apple computers (imacs, macbooks, etc.) that lets you connect your Windows Phone and sync your music and all from itunes. It's called "windows phone" and I use it on my iMac for my Samsung Focus.

So then I imagine there is probably a similar program available for PC. We don't own any Apple computers.

#1941 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

So then I imagine there is probably a similar program available for PC. We don't own any Apple computers.

don't know, he mentioned having an iphone 4 so that was what I was responding to and referring to as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1942 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I had a hard time installing the Pirates! demo as well. Had to babysit the phone and leave it on the download screen until it finished.

I used to love Pirates! on the OG Xbox, but just can't see myself spending the time needed to finish it on my WP7. I haven't played it in years, but the controls on the phone don't seem as smooth as they need to be. I also still hate that there is a time limit on how long you have to finish the game. Still a great game and worth $1.99 if you have the time to invest in it and didn't burnout playing it on other platforms.

#1943 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I had a hard time installing the Pirates! demo as well. Had to babysit the phone and leave it on the download screen until it finished.

I used to love Pirates! on the OG Xbox, but just can't see myself spending the time needed to finish it on my WP7. I haven't played it in years, but the controls on the phone don't seem as smooth as they need to be. I also still hate that there is a time limit on how long you have to finish the game. Still a great game and worth $1.99 if you have the time to invest in it and didn't burnout playing it on other platforms.

I had to do the same thing, but finally got it fully installed just a few minutes ago.

What kind of time commitment is it to play through Pirates one full time?

#1944 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

I had to do the same thing, but finally got it fully installed just a few minutes ago.

What kind of time commitment is it to play through Pirates one full time?

Depends on how you want to play the game. The in-game time restraint pretty much makes it so it's logistically impossible to do everything in one playthrough since you'll die of old age before getting around to everything. If you want to see the main game quest to the end, you likely can't waste time on side quests, etc. It's been a long time since I played it, but I seem to remember putting 30+ hours into it not using any guides. If you used a FAQs, I'd guess you could blow though the main quest in maybe 12 hours. Someone who's played it more recently would probably have a better estimate.

#1945 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

^Wow. Those numbers are way higher than I expected. Maybe I'll just pass on this one, since more than likely I'll never get around to it anyway.

#1946 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

^Wow. Those numbers are way higher than I expected. Maybe I'll just pass on this one, since more than likely I'll never get around to it anyway.

Pirates! is a port of a PC game, so it is a full length epic quest type of game and not your standard pick-up and play phone mini-game. I'm impressed they even ported it to a mobile device. If you have the time, it is a lot of game for your money.

#1947 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

^Thanks for the input.

#1948 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

We had a mixup and this only just got posted:

Angry Birds Space is this week's Xbox game

-Paul Acevedo

#1949 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

We had a mixup and this only just got posted:

Angry Birds Space is this week's Xbox game

First sign of the beginning of the end for WP7? What do you think Paul, think us 7 users will get many more games?

#1950 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

First sign of the beginning of the end for WP7? What do you think Paul, think us 7 users will get many more games?

I think there will be a few more WP7 Xbox games, but not many - especially after the end of the year.

That review link also won't work for me in Firefox. It says, "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

The Carcassonne review is now fixed! Thanks to everyone who provided input on the problem. Please check out the review as planned. :)

Edited by eastx, 07 November 2012 - 07:50 AM.

-Paul Acevedo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals