4119 replies to this topic

#1951 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

No wp7 game this week?

:(

Would be a good time to make those Nokia exclusive windows phone games open to all.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1952 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Don't get your hopes up too high...

Earthworm Jim is the Deal of the Week

The much better news:

The Lumia 920 launches at AT & T for $99 this Friday

Once again, this begs the question: why the heck is anyone on Sprint instead of AT & T?

Great news about the Lumia; that's even cheaper than I thought. I just wish there was a way for me to get it right away. It'd be nice if I could just extend my current contract.

I love Earthworm Jim, but the game kinda sucks. The original was okay when it first came out, but it has never been able to hold my interest.

I still think Sprint is the cheapest service provider by a wide margin. Their phones just suck.

You'll come to our side soon enough. One of us. One of us...

Ok, so my wife is really interested in getting a WP8. She currently has an iPhone and I know obviously she won't be able to do anything with the apps she bought on iTunes but what about the music? Personally I have never really used iTunes so I don't really know a whole lot about it, but does anyone have any experience with putting iTunes music on a windows phone? It's my understanding that it is somewhat hard to get the music out if you want to put it on a non-apple device.

Also, forgive my ignorance on this, but do the new WP8 still sync with Zune and can you have multiple accounts, one for each phone?

I'm used to being the odd man out, owning a WP when all my friends have iPhone or android, and owning an Xbox while all my friends have a PS3. The thought of having my wife on the same platform is something I never really considered, but exciting.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

I've never downloaded music with iTunes, so I don't have first-hand experience, but I'm pretty sure Zune can take care of that for you. You just need to make sure it's actually looking at the iTunes folder, which you can manage by going to Settings > Software > Collection. And yes, you can have multiple Zune accounts on one computer. You can log in or out by going to Settings > Account. I don't know if WP8 can still sink up with Zune, though.

#1953 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I've never downloaded music with iTunes, so I don't have first-hand experience, but I'm pretty sure Zune can take care of that for you. You just need to make sure it's actually looking at the iTunes folder, which you can manage by going to Settings > Software > Collection. And yes, you can have multiple Zune accounts on one computer. You can log in or out by going to Settings > Account. I don't know if WP8 can still sink up with Zune, though.

The problem is iTunes stores music in a format that most non-apple devices can't recognize. After doing some research I found a few programs that can convert them to mp3 or wma, but converting an entire music library seems like a pain in the butt. Still haven't been able to find confirmation that WP8 will still use Zune though. Doesn't matter. We are both preordering today. If nothing else she can use her iPhone as an iPod touch after the sim is taken out.

#1954 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

WP7 is getting a game this week. Cut the Rope and it's $0.99! Woohoo!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1955 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Big Buck Hunter Pro review

Angry Birds Space arrives (with strange Achievements)

Surprise! Cut the Rope now available on WP7

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1956 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Also, decided to pass on Pirates. It actually seems like a fun game I'd like to spend some time with, but not on a 4 inch screen with touchscreen controls.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1957 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Also, decided to pass on Pirates. It actually seems like a fun game I'd like to spend some time with, but not on a 4 inch screen with touchscreen controls.

yeah I too passed on pirates. Not going to get earthworm Jim, but bought cut the rope. I think I have cut the rope on every platform now. Could not pass it up for .99.

#1958 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I should be getting a 920 on Friday. Goodbye iOS.

#1959 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

^Nice.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1960 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

I should be getting a 920 on Friday. Goodbye iOS.

Welcome to the fold! :)

#1961 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

The price, maps and staleness pushed me away from iOS. Plus they've fixed a lot I didn't like about wp7. Cloud backups, taking a picture of the screen, and better battery life are all a thing now.

One question, does mobile CAG still look messed up?

#1962 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

The problem is iTunes stores music in a format that most non-apple devices can't recognize. After doing some research I found a few programs that can convert them to mp3 or wma, but converting an entire music library seems like a pain in the butt. Still haven't been able to find confirmation that WP8 will still use Zune though. Doesn't matter. We are both preordering today. If nothing else she can use her iPhone as an iPod touch after the sim is taken out.

Again, I don't have firsthand experience, but from what I've read, it sounds like Windows Phone can play songs from iTunes just fine. Hopefully you'll be able to connect WP8 to Zune, but if not, I'm sure there will some kind of solution soon enough.

One question, does mobile CAG still look messed up?

It looks just fine on my WP7, so I imagine it probably looks okay on WP8 as well.

#1963 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Finally! I remember it used to be all messed up. User names were white and blended with the background and posts ran into each other.

#1964 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Oh no, it's not like that at all. As long as I've had my phone (since March or April), it has basically looked just like it does on the PC...but smaller, of course.

#1965 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Am awaiting for T-Mobile to finally announce a price for the Nokia Lumia 810 and other WP8 devices. I'll be getting it at regular price as I don't contracts. Wonder if i'd be able to get in on the free wireless charge plate..
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1966 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

Oh no, it's not like that at all. As long as I've had my phone (since March or April), it has basically looked just like it does on the PC...but smaller, of course.

Oh...that's not mobile CAG. That's just the desktop version. I'm talking about CAG optimized for a mobile browser.

Try this

http://www.cheapassg...com/?styleid=18

seanr1221.png

#1967 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Ah, okay, gotcha. I didn't even know that exists; I guess I've never used CAG while in Mobile mode (I actually thought I had it set to Mobile by default). Sorry if I got your hopes up.

#1968 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

Its no big deal ��

In other new, Angry Birds Star Wars is on the market. This is big for multiple reasons.

Its not a Wednesday. Its a big name game day 1. Its .99 and not inflated in price

seanr1221.png

#1969 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Angry Birds Star Wars arrives in timely fashion

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#1970 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I also think this is fairly big news for WP8. Let's hope this trend keeps up with other games and major publishers in the future.

The nice thing about delaying my upgrade to WP8 is that by the time I get the phone, there will probably be a good 10-20 Xbox Live enabled games for $0.99 for me to buy all at once! :)

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1971 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Looks like we've got Angry Birds fever at WPCentral...

Angry Birds Star Wars still coming to WP7 and Windows 8

-Paul Acevedo

#1972 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Looks like we've got Angry Birds fever at WPCentral...

Angry Birds Star Wars still coming to WP7 and Windows 8

LOL I still won't be able to play it.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1973 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

Again, I don't have firsthand experience, but from what I've read, it sounds like Windows Phone can play songs from iTunes just fine. Hopefully you'll be able to connect WP8 to Zune, but if not, I'm sure there will some kind of solution soon enough.

It looks just fine on my WP7, so I imagine it probably looks okay on WP8 as well.

I had moved all of my iTunes synced music to Zune with ease once I obtained a wp. so, I had no issues. I used to love iTunes, but I prefer Zune or Xbox music a bit more. My library is all in Zune now.

I am enjoying cut the rope for the 4th time. I hope we get some of the additional holiday levels I have on my ios devices, those are fun.

#1974 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Sonic CD coming to WP7 & WP8 next week. Not really a big deal to me, but I know a lot of you guys here like Sonic.

I can't imagine it will be too expensive, considering the XBLA/PSN version is only $5.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1975 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Sonic CD coming to WP7 & WP8 next week. Not really a big deal to me, but I know a lot of you guys here like Sonic.

I can't imagine it will be too expensive, considering the XBLA/PSN version is only $5.

I hope its $.99 but i guess thats asking for too much I can see it being $1.99. For $1 ill get it but i was never a fan of Sonic CD it just never hooked me.

#1976 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

So annoyed I didn't get to write that story. The one we ended up with is rather cursory and way less interesting than mine woulda been. And Sonic CD might cost $2.99, but $4.99 is way more likely.

Edited by eastx, 09 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#1977 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

So annoyed I didn't get to write that story. The one we ended up with is rather cursory and way less interesting than mine woulda been. And Sonic CD might cost $2.99, but $4.99 is way more likely.

If it's $4.99 I'll be waiting for a sale, have the XBLA version which I've barely played anyway.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1978 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Should be getting my 920 around 4 today. Will post impressions later.

#1979 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Should be getting my 920 around 4 today. Will post impressions later.

Be interested in how heavy you feel it is, stupid as it sounds it's one of the things that's putting me off.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#1980 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Be interested in how heavy you feel it is, stupid as it sounds it's one of the things that's putting me off.

lol it can't be any heavier than my LG Quantum. It's built like a tank, I don't mind the heaviness.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals