• Please log in to reply
3672 replies to this topic

#181 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Samsung Focus.

That must have been a helluva drop. I dropped my focus 5+ feet facedown on a gravel driveway and walked away without a scratch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#182 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

What I don't understand is Krome stopped making the update packs for GAme Room but here are WP7 "Game Room" titles from them.

That pisses me off.

It's frustrating, but it's because Krome is like 2 people (a very small team anyway) and they can do very little at one time. Apparently MS doesn't plan to support Game Room on 360 any more, but that's not official. And Krome never, never answers emails, which annoys me to no end.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#183 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

That must have been a helluva drop. I dropped my focus 5+ feet facedown on a gravel driveway and walked away without a scratch.

It's been pretty good falling on floors, but this was face down on concrete from maybe 3 feet up. Guess it was just one drop to many.

#184 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

That's alright. I "Lost" my phone in the tail of my motorcycle. Ended up behind the fairings nearly under the seat by the battery. If it didn't have a case it would have been damaged pretty bad from heat. I drove 2 hours because I thought I had lost it in the parking garage.

@EastX I want to buy them, I love the old games, but geeze I can't buy em for $3 a pop. Hardy worth it. They're an Australian game company right? They never officially dissolved Game Room. I loved it, wish they would discount that stuff.

#185 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

Krome is indeed Australian. I'm still working on my Xbox 360 Game Room Achievements... I'm over half way to 1000. Reviewing the WP7 versions certainly helps me earn medals, heh.

Enigmo is this week's Xbox Live title @ $2.99. I got exclusive first access to the trailer and Achievements, so please check it out.

Posted Image
Also, my iBlast Moki review is up! Like Enigmo, it's a physics-based puzzle game. Definitely a great buy for fans of Angry Birds and similar puzzle games.

-Paul Acevedo

#186 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:27 AM

Enigmo looks like a day one buy for me. I love puzzle games.

#187 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

Any news on dotw?

#188 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

It's Guitar Hero 5 for $5. Will post an article soon.

-Paul Acevedo

#189 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

It's Guitar Hero 5 for $5. Will post an article soon.

Bummer, played the demo.. It is horrible, IMHO

#190 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

Welp I'm done with this shitty phone. The HD7 is a piece of shit.

#191 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

Something happen, Out in the Dark?

-Paul Acevedo

#192 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Welp I'm done with this shitty phone. The HD7 is a piece of shit.

What, why?

I used to have that phone before I switched. I loved it. Slick phone. I only had it a month however; but used the crap out of it. Didn't see any issues.

#193 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

This happened..

http://support.micro....com/kb/2530409

Happened about a month since I got it. Now it happens every damn time the phone turns off. Damn thing will turn off in my pocket by itself.

Oh and apparently my SN doesn't exists.

#194 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

This happened..

http://support.micro....com/kb/2530409

Happened about a month since I got it. Now it happens every damn time the phone turns off. Damn thing will turn off in my pocket by itself.

Oh and apparently my SN doesn't exists.

That's new to me (I have a Focus). I'm sure have already, but have you already done a system reset and started over?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#195 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:12 PM

Guitar Hero is so terrible. Even at 1.99 I'd have to think about it, but 4.99? No way.

First DotW I'm not buying.

seanr1221.png

#196 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

Reset everything, no dice. Still under warranty but damn I'm really not wanting another HD7 and I'm not able to exchange it out for like a G2X or something (I'd be willing to pay the difference).

Just not thrilled with this phone. Was awesome at first but then it went downhill. Ever since my fiancee's HD7 was stolen I just kind of want to give up on the WP7 platform.

#197 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

Just not thrilled with this phone. Was awesome at first but then it went downhill. Ever since my fiancee's HD7 was stolen I just kind of want to give up on the WP7 platform.

Surely you realize that your girl losing her phone has very little impact on the quality of your phone or others.

I'm sorry to hear you're disatisfied with the platform. Is there any particular reason? I think NoDo has improved gaming/etc. by improving load times. The upcoming Mango update will dramatically improve things by unlocking more of the platform's power, allowing all kinds of new stuff to come out on WP7 (including games with proper online play).

-Paul Acevedo

#198 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

Losing? It was stolen.

The "tracking" ability is a pathetic joke. The remote wipe? Useless. Those ARE important factors of quality. You may not have any issues with your Sammy but I have huge issues with the HD7. NoDo did nothing to help any of the issues I had with the phone. The absolutely only thing the HD7 has going for it is the screen size/res.

I doubt Mango will bring any resolution to the WP7 platform and without a standardized release it will end up exactly like WP6 and carrier support only.

#199 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:29 AM

I used lost as in "to lose possession of."

I agree that the Focus is better than the HD7. I mean, it was well known that the Focus was ahead of the WP7 pack at launch. But since some carriers have only one or two WP7 phones on offer, it does limit your selection somewhat.

It's a shame that the phone tracking and wiping features didn't perform as well as TV shows would have us believe. Obviously it would be best if it did those things perfectly, but I wouldn't expect that from a phone in the first place, just like I wouldn't expect Nintendo to be able to find a 3DS if I lost it or Sony to do that with the PSP2.

Here's an article on some of the new features Mango is bringing: http://www.wpcentral...oming-wp7-mango
It's mostly catch-up features-wise, but the Bing audio sounds like it could be really great, like a built-in, superior Shazam.

Android isn't standardized either and it's the most successful platform on the market. WP7 is a far more serious effort than Windows Mobile 6 and it does have some nice unique features that no other mobile OS does, even if it lags in certain areas. Windows Phone is in it for the long haul, even if they never become number 1.

-Paul Acevedo

#200 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

This week's Xbox Live game is... http://www.wpcentral...-xbox-live-game

This week's Deal of the Week is... http://www.wpcentral...-that-s-more-it

Posted Image
And some reviews:

-Paul Acevedo

#201 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

!? I bought the DOTW and it is awesome!

Edited by MastrMeatWad, 13 May 2011 - 02:17 AM.

#202 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:55 PM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
May 11

WP7 Price Drops
Posted Image

And next week's Xbox Live release is... pretty sweet!

Asteroids Deluxe review

And a new indie game of possible interest: Armor Valley

-Paul Acevedo

#203 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I picked up The Harvest. Might get Super Monkey Ball too, but a lot of the reviews really make me wary.

#204 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:33 PM

I've never played a Monkey Ball that I liked. I've probably played it on Gamecube, DS, GBA, 3DS and WP7. It is just a game I do not like. For some reason I give it another chance every couple years, but it never improves for me.

#205 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

I made an exception to my $2 rule for The Harvest. I've been wanting this game since before I even bought my WP7 phone.

Now I just hope it doesn't get a bigger price cut in the near future.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#206 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

I picked up The Harvest. Might get Super Monkey Ball too, but a lot of the reviews really make me wary.

Try the demo and beat at least 5 levels before deciding. The controls are bad, but I still think it's a fun game overall. I hear 1 Achievement is glitched, but it's a long-ass game so there's a good amount of value/lots of challenge for $3.

-Paul Acevedo

#207 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, I downloaded the Monkey Ball demo last night. I loved that game on Gamecube and even GBA, but the controls are complete, unplayable crap on Windows Phone.

#208 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:07 AM

OMG is the DotW. 1.99.

seanr1221.png

#209 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
May 18

Also, out now is...

Posted Image
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX for $6.99. Not available on iPhone!

Finally, my latest review:

Posted Image
Pitfall!

-Paul Acevedo

#210 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image
The 6 Weeks of Must Have Games schedule and prices have been revealed! Hydro Thunder Go is coming next week for $4.99.

-Paul Acevedo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals