• Please log in to reply
4119 replies to this topic

#2191 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Joke? Who's joking?

But yeah, I've had that happen too (not in AlphaJax, but in similar games). You beat someone and then they come back with a vastly improved vocabulary. Oh well, at least cheaters eventually start thinning out after a while. I can imagine it must be pretty boring to just sit there and do whatever a computer tells you to do.

Also, I meant to comment on something you said earlier:

Did you mean Words With Friends perhaps?

I actually meant Wordfeud. Sorry, too many similarly named games.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2192 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Ha, no worries, I was just a little confused when I first read that.

#2193 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Anyone else spend any time with Cracking Sands? It can be fun at times but it's incredibly infuriating. I am constantly running into invisible mines or getting hit with invisible weapons that bring me to a complete halt. If this game had a little bit more polish it could have been pretty good.

EDIT: Apparently Cracking Sands has avatar awards. That's a big plus at least.

Edited by tylerh1701, 11 December 2012 - 06:13 AM.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2194 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Anyone else spend any time with Cracking Sands? It can be fun at times but it's incredibly infuriating. I am constantly running into invisible mines or getting hit with invisible weapons that bring me to a complete halt. If this game had a little bit more polish it could have been pretty good.

EDIT: Apparently Cracking Sands has avatar awards. That's a big plus at least.

Happen to know what kind of avatar awards? I'm a sucker for avatar awards ;)

#2195 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Cracking Sands' awards are a top hat and an aviator hat with the goggles pushed up.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2196 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm a huge sucker for them too. I'll make sure to buy multi-platform games on the 360 if I know they have avatar awards. (Latest example is Jet Set Radio)

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2197 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I'm a huge sucker for them too. I'll make sure to buy multi-platform games on the 360 if I know they have avatar awards. (Latest example is Jet Set Radio)

I love them as well, it's a great addition. I wish more 360 games had themes you could unlock.

Crimson Dragon also has some unlockable avatar awards...they are a bit cheesy but still fun to earn.

#2198 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

I love them as well, it's a great addition. I wish more 360 games had themes you could unlock.

Crimson Dragon also has some unlockable avatar awards...they are a bit cheesy but still fun to earn.

The shirt from Crimson Dragon is great

#2199 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Kinda scared we won't have an Xbox release this week...

In the meantime, here's my AlphaJax review! Extra thorough - check it out and see if you agree with my suggestions.

-Paul Acevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#2200 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Kinda scared we won't have an Xbox release this week...

Wow the lameness continues. That's 1 new game in the last 3 weeks, if I'm remembering correctly...

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2201 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Head of Creative for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Totally not the best place to ask this, but since you guys are a good source of WP knowledge, I figured I'd throw this out here.

Anyone having trouble with the Windows Phone app for PC? I downloaded the Windows Phone for desktop from Microsoft's site, and installed it. When I go to launch it, I get an error message about something going wrong, and the app needs to close. It also says I can call Microsoft for support help, but I'd rather avoid doing that.

Trying to sync up some photos and music to my Lumia 920, and Zune didn't seem to be working well. The MS website says to use this program, and it doesn't want to work either.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#2202 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Will investigate, Captaintek.

Also, it's official: no new Xbox release this week.

-Paul Acevedo

#2203 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

Sorry guys, I'm jumping ship again, and no game releasing this week just reaffirms my decision.

I really liked WP8, but I thought things would be different game wise. I was hopeful when Angry Birds in space, Star Wars and Cut the Rope all hit at the same time. Then we get nothing for how long? At a time when iOS is pumping out games with huge sales to boot?

Sigh :/

seanr1221.png

#2204 ya billy

ya billy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I must agree...buying w8 phone is looking very stupid. As far as games go I am extremely disappointed.

#2205 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I don't now why MS can't get their act together. They knock it out of the park with Xbox but fall flat with WP.

I found an iPhone 5 for 450.00 and sold my lumia for 400.00.

seanr1221.png

#2206 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I don't now why MS can't get their act together. They knock it out of the park with Xbox but fall flat with WP.

I found an iPhone 5 for 450.00 and sold my lumia for 400.00.

seanr1221.png

#2207 DaKidRob

DaKidRob

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

kind of wish i knew Cracking sands had avatar Awards when it was on sale on black friday i didn't even pick up any of those games now im debating on it @ 2.99 would of got it in a heart beat when i knew it had avatar awards when it was 1.99

#2208 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

kind of wish i knew Cracking sands had avatar Awards when it was on sale on black friday i didn't even pick up any of those games now im debating on it @ 2.99 would of got it in a heart beat when i knew it had avatar awards when it was 1.99

You can probably find an Avatar hat you like for a dollar if you browse the Avatar Store a bit.

-Paul Acevedo

#2209 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

You can probably find an Avatar hat you like for a dollar if you browse the Avatar Store a bit.

Haha but can it beat this awesome top hat?

Spoiler

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2210 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Don't feel alone with that sentiment. I too did not purchase Cracking Sands but would have if I knew it had avatar awards. I totally dig those. :) Oh well.

I noticed this link http://www.xbox.com/...s-phone-8-games

It mentions 'holidays', and we are at the holidays, so wondering if these have been pushed back? I remember reading the developers from Fairway Solitare mention it took them 2 weeks to code the title from ios to WP8. I wish we would get some release dates on these titles.

#2211 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Head of Creative for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Finally see what you guys were talking about with cheaters in Alphajax. 40+ point words every turn? Really? My average is 15. :applause:

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#2212 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

How to enable and disable push notifications for AlphaJax and other games in WP8

-Paul Acevedo

#2213 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

just got my lumia 900 back from nokia cant wait to try this game out

#2214 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Finally see what you guys were talking about with cheaters in Alphajax. 40+ point words every turn? Really? My average is 15. :applause:

I started playing against one guy last night who isn't even being subtle with it. In just the first three or four moves, he already has over 200 points. He uses all of his titles every turn and uses words I've never heard in my life (and I have a rather healthy vocabulary). Even if I were to start cheating, I wouldn't be able to catch up because I'm already too far behind. There's no way to report suspected cheaters, so I'm just going to draw the game out as long as I can and only make a move every 6 days (and maybe use as few tiles as possible). Then once the game is over, he's getting blocked.

#2215 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Countdown to 2013 Sale

Contre Jour - 30% Off
Doodle Jump - 30% Off
geoDefense Swarm - 67% Off
iStunt 2 - 33% Off
Kinectimals - 67% Off
Mush - 50% Off
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2216 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Awesome. Was waiting on a sale for Contre Jour. Also, for anyone that missed Mush on black Friday I can't recommend it enough. The demo really doesn't do it justice. Great game.

#2217 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Countdown to 2013 Sale

Contre Jour - 30% Off
Doodle Jump - 30% Off
geoDefense Swarm - 67% Off
iStunt 2 - 33% Off
Kinectimals - 67% Off
Mush - 50% Off

Hmmm.....this was unexpected. Gonna grab Contre Jour and iStunt 2. Paid full price Doodle Jump because I got tired of waiting for it to go on sale. Definitely worth it, one of the better WP games. Thanks nCogNeato.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#2218 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hahaha. I just purchased Mush. Oh well. It was bound to happen to me one of these times. :)

I really want istunt2...

#2219 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'll finally be pickig up geoDefense Swarm and Mush once the sale prices update.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2220 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

bought contre jour a few weeks ago at full price and was well worth it. going to look into the others, thanks for pointing them out!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals