wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
4014 replies to this topic

#2311 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

Wordament did for me, I don't play AlphaJax so that I don't know.

he already knew that.......(sigh)

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2312 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Updated the OP a bit. Working on a best and worst games of the year article now. Any suggestions? The entire year's releases are listed in the OP.

nCogNeato, I can't think of any other games that use cloud saving. Gun Bros maybe?

BEST:

1. Zombies on teh Phone
2. Little Acorns
3. Monster Island
4. Feed Me Oil
5. Wordament
6. Crimson Dragon
7. Chickens Can't Fly
8. Cut the Rope

WORST:

Bug Village (my least favorite game of the year, even for "free" it was so dumb!)
Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
Gun Bros
Galaga Legions DX

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2313 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

LOL iBomber delisted. Does anyone at MS have any idea what they're doing with WP8?

I couldn't even finish the trial because of a glitch on WP7. Might be why they delisted it.
My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   
This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die (X1) 
***Hardest Achievement in Super Time Force Made Easy***
This Weekend on Twitch:  N/A
Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#2314 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thanks Tyler! Some more opinions would've been great (the article will probably run in the morning), but oh well. Definitely agree with you on a lot of those.

Here's a question for another article: what 5 things does Microsoft need to do differently with Xbox Windows Phone in 2013? (This one will hopefully run on Tuesday or Wednesday).

BEST:

1. Zombies on teh Phone
2. Little Acorns
3. Monster Island
4. Feed Me Oil
5. Wordament
6. Crimson Dragon
7. Chickens Can't Fly
8. Cut the Rope

WORST:

Bug Village (my least favorite game of the year, even for "free" it was so dumb!)
Toy Soldiers Boot Camp
Gun Bros
Galaga Legions DX

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2315 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Here's a question for another article: what 5 things does Microsoft need to do differently with Xbox Windows Phone in 2013? (This one will hopefully run on Tuesday or Wednesday).

An official & simple way to migrate from WP7 to WP8 without losing any data (especially gamesaves).

Integrated cloud saving for games, regardless of developer implementation.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2316 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

1. Announce an official release date for WP7.8. I understand this is up to the carriers but it's getting REALLY old.

2. Close the gap between WP7.5 and WP8 even further. I have a feeling many WP7.5 users will be upset and feel left behind after the initial excitement of receiving the updated start screen wears off.

2. Announce partnerships with big developers. Stop keeping users "in the dark". If we relied on official statements and information from MS regarding WP we'd have absolutely no idea what in the hell was going on! Many WP users are not stuck on Instagram, etc. but if they really want to compete and expand their user base, they need these types of big name applications to be taken seriously. Or...

3. Push harder with 1st party applications that replace or expand upon those missing apps.

4. Exclusive integration with Xbox 360 and Windows 8 OS. I know we have a few "perks" but most capabilities have been ported to iOS and Android as well - Smartglass, etc.

5. Offer trade-in incentives for current WP7 users to upgrade to WP8. Many people, myself included, were happy upgrading to phones like the Lumia 900 thinking we'd get WP8. While information was out there that late-model phones were not going to get WP8 it was an absolute mess of information from MS.

I love my WP and came back from iPhone 4 but if MS hasn't done as much to F everything up they could, I don't know. They mislead current WP7 users and haven't done enough on the software side to really entice a fast-growing user base.

#2317 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thanks Tyler! Some more opinions would've been great (the article will probably run in the morning), but oh well. Definitely agree with you on a lot of those.

I think they really need to standardize the whole release process of games. On the 360, they do a really good job of releasing games on Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays, and Deal of the Week goes live every Tuesday morning. They need to set it up where they can release the new game and the new DotW every Wednesday morning (or another day, as long as it's set in stone). Sometimes we get games Tuesday, sometimes Thursdays, sometimes not at all, same goes with DotW, which never goes live at a consistent time or day, and sometimes disappears completely.

I also think the Xbox Live certification process clogs up the release process quite a bit. This has been a critique of Xbox Live for years, but they need to loosen up a bit.

All I really want for Xbox Live on Windows Phone is a little bit of consistency.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2318 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Have constant price drops like Apple, cut out the deal of the week.

Keep up with current mobile games. Get updates when other platforms get updates.

Make the Live certification free like Apples Game Center.

Throw money at someone to get a decent exclusive.

seanr1221.png

#2319 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

The ability to backup and transfer gamesaves is the biggest thing I want out of Windows Phone. If they do nothing else to improve the infrastructure, I'll be content as long as they at least do this. Aside from contracts, this is the absolute #1 thing keeping me from upgrading to WP8. This would be the perfect opportunity to actually make SkyDrive useful!

On a similar note, it would be nice to have cloud-based data storage so all of the data from our apps don't take up valuable resources for those of us stuck without a way to add extra space. And wasn't there talk of cloud-based apps at some point?

It would also make me happy if we could not only have some exclusivity but if Microsoft could actually make a real effort to entice developers into bringing their games and apps over to WP. I don't care if we get achievements or not; I just want to see a steadier flow of quality software. I don't expect many exclusives because Microsoft won't even do that for the Xbox, but it would be nice if more developers would start taking us into consideration.

#2320 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, fellas!

Here it is...

The Best Xbox Windows Phone Games of 2012

-Paul Acevedo

#2321 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sequel time:

The Worst Xbox Windows Phone Games of 2012

And comments from more people than just my old pals Tyler and MasterMeatyMeatfast would be great.

-Paul Acevedo

#2322 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sequel time:

The Worst Xbox Windows Phone Games of 2012

And comments from more people than just my old pals Tyler and MasterMeatyMeatfast would be great.

:lol:

Any word for a game this week? Wish we had a schedule.

#2323 D1987

D1987

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Just upgraded from ios to WP8 (Nokia Lumia 920) and i am loving it so far. Thanks to everybody in this thread for helping me pick out the first few games and which ones to avoid. Only real suggestion i can make for WP is the inability to purchase giftcards for the appstore similar to itunes. It's not a huge deal but for me personally, i like to have credit stored into accounts like these where it makes purchasing more simple.

#2324 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Just upgraded from ios to WP8 (Nokia Lumia 920) and i am loving it so far. Thanks to everybody in this thread for helping me pick out the first few games and which ones to avoid. Only real suggestion i can make for WP is the inability to purchase giftcards for the appstore similar to itunes. It's not a huge deal but for me personally, i like to have credit stored into accounts like these where it makes purchasing more simple.

Through Bing Rewards you can get free credit for the Windows Phone store; so maybe giftcards are that far off? :)

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#2325 D1987

D1987

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Through Bing Rewards you can get free credit for the Windows Phone store; so maybe giftcards are that far off? :)

Thanks for reminding me about Bing rewards I completely forgot about that site. And i heard somewhere that microsoft was moving away from the points system to coincide with W8 but its been awhile since i have heard any updates on that situation.

#2326 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Just a heads up. If you're on Verizon, lumia 820s are free now. I have a trophy and my upgrade is due next week. I'll probably do it.

Verizon doesn't have great choices on WP. Lumia 820 , or HTC 8x.

#2327 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

The Lumia 820 isn't bad though, Warboss! I'd pick it over the HTC 8X because of the Nokia exclusives. Glad you'll be able to jump on WP8.

Thanks for all the comments on the articles, Tyler and MastrMeatWad. Everyone else: I am disappoint. :P

-Paul Acevedo

#2328 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Just a heads up. If you're on Verizon, lumia 820s are free now. I have a trophy and my upgrade is due next week. I'll probably do it.

My friend just bought an 820 like a week or 2, that kinda sucks for him, and at least you have some choices, that's more then Sprint :P

659629.png?68329996

#2329 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Yeah, my fiance bought her 820 a few weeks ago. It was only $50 , but still...

#2330 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for all the comments on the articles, Tyler and MastrMeatWad. Everyone else: I am disappoint. :P

*sniff* I've been commenting on articles too.

#2331 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

*sniff* I've been commenting on articles too.

High five! And my bad. I thought maybe you had commented too, but I always forget your other username. We could totally change it to ZombieToast if you like... 8-)

-Paul Acevedo

#2332 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

I really really like HTC 8x. It is a very very nice phone. the camera, sound, and screen top notch. The colors are awesome and I it is one of my favorite phones out right now. I think I read Verizon will have a lumia 9** early this year.

Happy new year!

#2333 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

KenKen review - Shame it's currently unavailable on WP8 even though it runs perfectly well on WP8 devices.

-Paul Acevedo

#2334 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Any news of a DOTW this week?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2335 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Any news of a DOTW this week?

Forgot to address this earlier. i don't think there will be a new release or DOTW this week. :(

-Paul Acevedo

#2336 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

No new Xbox Windows Phone release for the New Year

-Paul Acevedo

#2337 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

No new Xbox Windows Phone release for the New Year

So depressing, and it's news like this that reaffirms my choice to go back to iOS.

#2338 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Not too surprising for me. Now, if there's no new game or DotW next week I'll be a lot more surprised and saddened.

#2339 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

there are a bunch of awesome indie games too.... they lack achievements but they are awesome. No live games is a bummer though.

#2340 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

I have a trophy too and am looking to upgrade. Your saying I wouldn't owe anything? I can just say I'd like my upgrade and get a lumia 820?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals