wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3943 replies to this topic

#2341 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have a trophy too and am looking to upgrade. Your saying I wouldn't owe anything? I can just say I'd like my upgrade and get a lumia 820?

Around Christmas it was $50 direct from Verizon (if you're upgrade eligible) but from Amazon / Wirefly / etc. it was free... Maybe Verizon is doing the same promo now too...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#2342 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

It looks like Pro Evolution Soccer was removed. I was actually going to buy it. It's one of the only decent sports games on WP.

#2343 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Also, not sure if this has been posted, but for those of you with 360's that liked Crimson Dragon -

#2344 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

It looks like Pro Evolution Soccer was removed. I was actually going to buy it. It's one of the only decent sports games on WP.

Speak of the devil:

Another Xbox WP game delisted: PES 2012

Leaked demo of Crimson Dragon on Xbox 360 shows a game worth waiting for

You're quick on the draw, my man. :)

Edited by eastx, 03 January 2013 - 08:13 PM.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2345 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I saw that. You gotta give me some credit over there, Paul! Haha. Kidding. Nice write-up.

#2346 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hey eastx, I am new to windows phone. Just got a Lumia 920 and like it a lot.

Anyway, I am sure this has been discusssed somewhere but why is everything in the first post refering to WP7? Are no games completely WP8 yet or something? I know there can be issues with WP7 games not working right on WP8 yet..

Thanks

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#2347 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Voormis, just be sure to specifically tip me on a news story and I'll certainly give ya credit. PMing or tweeting me (@segacon) are the best ways.

Hey eastx, I am new to windows phone. Just got a Lumia 920 and like it a lot.

Anyway, I am sure this has been discusssed somewhere but why is everything in the first post refering to WP7? Are no games completely WP8 yet or something? I know there can be issues with WP7 games not working right on WP8 yet..

Thanks

The OP needs some updating... I'll get around to it one of these days.

Welcome to Windows Phone! Basically, most WP7 games also work on WP8. You'll know if it works on WP8 because you'll be able to find it form the store on your device. A few WP7 games are WP8 incompatible - here's the full list.

So far there are only a couple of WP8-specific games, but hopefully a lot more will come out this year.

-Paul Acevedo

#2348 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Welcome to Windows Phone! Basically, most WP7 games also work on WP8. You'll know if it works on WP8 because you'll be able to find it form the store on your device. A few WP7 games are WP8 incompatible - here's the full list.

So far there are only a couple of WP8-specific games, but hopefully a lot more will come out this year.

Decided to take a look at that list and I notice Oregon Trail on there. That is freaking awesome. Talk about a nostalgia trip. Don't even care that it is a $5 title. Totally buying that one. And it now works for WP8, so much awesome.

#2349 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Decided to take a look at that list and I notice Oregon Trail on there. That is freaking awesome. Talk about a nostalgia trip. Don't even care that it is a $5 title. Totally buying that one. And it now works for WP8, so much awesome.

probably in my top 5 for windows phone games. Not as good as the old one but still pretty fun.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2350 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

It's all about Oregon Trail II, people!

#2351 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Couple questions:

What are the current games out for Windows Phone 8? Any besides Angry Birds Star Wars and Space?

If I get a windows 8 phone and transfer my plan to it from my windows 7 phone can I still play Xbox live games on my windows 7 phone via WiFi? Can you be logged into 2 phones at once?

rm8ylt.gif

#2352 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

What are the current games out for Windows Phone 8? Any besides Angry Birds Star Wars and Space?

If I get a windows 8 phone and transfer my plan to it from my windows 7 phone can I still play Xbox live games on my windows 7 phone via WiFi? Can you be logged into 2 phones at once?

Those are the only two WP8 games so far. Hopefully more will come soon.

Yes, you can have two WP devices with your account on them. Just set the old one to airplane mode and switch Wi-Fi on, and it'll work like a charm.

-Paul Acevedo

#2353 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Those are the only two WP8 games so far. Hopefully more will come soon.

Yes, you can have two WP devices with your account on them. Just set the old one to airplane mode and switch Wi-Fi on, and it'll work like a charm.

be a huge let down if only 2 xbox live games come out for windows phone 8. lol

but i want the nokia exclusives so might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

rm8ylt.gif

#2354 MfMonster

MfMonster

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

be a huge let down if only 2 xbox live games come out for windows phone 8. lol

but i want the nokia exclusives so might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

What is interesting is this.
http://majornelson.c...-phone-8-games/

another link to xbox live that shows the list of titles that are coming "this holiday" have been taken down. Fairway solitare according to developer quotes took only a week or two to convert there ios title to wp8. Kinda impressive if true.

So, why was the link taken down at xbox live, perhaps the titles missed the holiday? There are a lot of great indie titles though! I have just as many indie as I do live titles now. :)
VampirePrincessMiyu...

#2355 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

What is interesting is this.
http://majornelson.c...-phone-8-games/

another link to xbox live that shows the list of titles that are coming "this holiday" have been taken down. Fairway solitare according to developer quotes took only a week or two to convert there ios title to wp8. Kinda impressive if true.

So, why was the link taken down at xbox live, perhaps the titles missed the holiday? There are a lot of great indie titles though! I have just as many indie as I do live titles now. :)

I forgot about that post from Major Nelson. That's pretty funny, even though I don't own a WP8 it would be nice to see some games start releasing for it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2356 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

So has everyone noticed that the Crimson Dragon World 5 gem loophole has finally been patched? I should have researched before I updated it. Thinking about sending the company a little message about what I think about spending $30 to have to 'awaken' all the skills.

#2357 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

So has everyone noticed that the Crimson Dragon World 5 gem loophole has finally been patched? I should have researched before I updated it. Thinking about sending the company a little message about what I think about spending $30 to have to 'awaken' all the skills.

theyd probably just tell you to use the gps function. whilst it will take a long time doing the gps route it is still a free option.

rm8ylt.gif

#2358 Nax5

Nax5

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

theyd probably just tell you to use the gps function. whilst it will take a long time doing the gps route it is still a free option.

That's true. However, you need 3000+ jewels to unlock everything. You would literally have to fly around the entire world to get that many. I'll just let the devs know I'll hop in my private jet and take care of that. =P

#2359 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

We did report on that at WPCentral in our article about the update. Sorry that happened to you... But like I say in the article, few of us will even be able to unlock every skill, so awakening them with jewels is practically a non-issue (for most).

Also, heads up: non-Crimson Dragon bad news a-coming soon.

-Paul Acevedo

#2360 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

Uh-oh. Brace for impact!

EDIT: Well at least this is good news to Sprint customers. Except I don't see the word "Nokia" in there at all, I'd love to get a Nokia WP for those exclusives that may or may not ever be coming. This is, of course, assuming that Microsoft doesn't completely drop the ball on Xbox Live for WP8 in the next 6 months. They're off to a great start.

Edited by tylerh1701, 08 January 2013 - 06:19 AM.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2361 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2362 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

We did report on that at WPCentral in our article about the update. Sorry that happened to you... But like I say in the article, few of us will even be able to unlock every skill, so awakening them with jewels is practically a non-issue (for most).

Oh, snap. So, either no new LIVE titles again. Or, another title removed. Perhaps ios is getting all LIVE titles. Um, what else. I think the link taken down may prove no new titles another month or so...

#2363 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Sigh... Got too sleepy to write that downer of a post. Tonight!

In the meantime:

Risk gains WP8 compatibility, 2 more Nokia games lost it

Wizard's Dungeon indie game review

-Paul Acevedo

#2364 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

This pisses me off. I just went and got my Windows 8 Lumia. Was hoping to get all the Nokia exclusives especially Trivial Pursuit. Think they'll be coming back?

rm8ylt.gif

#2365 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Sigh... Got too sleepy to write that downer of a post. Tonight!

In the meantime:

Risk gains WP8 compatibility, 2 more Nokia games lost it

Wizard's Dungeon indie game review

There is worse news than the Nokia titles?

#2366 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Total BS that MiniSquadron is no longer available .

card.pngl1.gif

#2367 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

There is worse news than the Nokia titles?

Probably no new game or dotw this week.

seanr1221.png

#2368 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Here's the bad news I promised. Good call, everybody:

Possible reasons why we get no new Xbox game for Windows Phone this week

Also:

Gun Bros review

-Paul Acevedo

#2369 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Good article Paul. Like I commented on the article, it more and more feels like your "Possibility 2" is the real reason for the problems we're having with games on WP.

Maybe I lucked out that my renewal doesn't come up until this summer. Microsoft has 6 months to do something to impress me, but at this point I'd be foolish not to research more into iPhone and Android to see which platform best suits my needs.

#2370 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Tyler.

In the good news front, Picnic Wars debuts as a Nokia exclusive and Spy Mouse becomes WP8 compatible

Another pleasant headline coming up in a bit... Don't spoil it if ya know it. :)

-Paul Acevedo