• Please log in to reply
3647 replies to this topic

#211 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

OMG is the DotW. 1.99.

I bought it, 2 dollars is hard to pass up, and the game is fun! I only have like three achievements left so far, the secret, the OMFG, and i think one other? The OMFG appears to be one hard cheevo.. This is a must buy, imho.

#212 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

I bought OMG because it was so cheap, but it just isn't clicking for me. Oh well.

Good to finally see the must have games coming out. I think I'll get most of them, but $7 seems like too much for Sonic 4.

#213 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

I bought OMG because it was so cheap, but it just isn't clicking for me. Oh well.

Good to finally see the must have games coming out. I think I'll get most of them, but $7 seems like too much for Sonic 4.

That's pretty much my take, too.

#214 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Forgot to mention this price drop...

Posted Image
I Love Katamari - $6.99 $4.99 - Review

It's worth a buy for Katamari fans.

#215 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is sooo tempting, but I must wait for a DOTW and possibly a price drop. The demo was fun. I don't have a 360/PS3, so I haven't had my fill.

#216 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

Katamari is tempting. The controls were bad on the demo, but not as bad as with Monkey Ball, and I love me some Katamari.

BTW, finally played The Harvest a bit this week. That game is great. Probably one of my top three WP7 games, the other two being Full House Poker and Castlevania Puzzle.

#217 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:32 AM

Game Chest: Chess, Minesweeper and Sudoku is the DotW 1.99.

seanr1221.png

#218 Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Game Chest: Chess, Minesweeper and Sudoku is the DotW 1.99.

How much is it normally?

#219 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

how much is it normally?

$3

#220 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

How much is it normally?

$2.99

Also, Chess is cross-platform compatible with the browser version on xbox.com (but achievements can only be unlocked on the WP7 version).

ps. I bought it. Thanks, seanr1221. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#221 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:55 PM

I love my windows mobile 7 phone, but the prices on games are retarded. I expect to see epic awesome games for the 1-3 $ price range like I keep hearing about on the other app stores. If developers want to make "teh huge moniez" they should keep making games for the PC and my Xbox360.

I have yet to buy a game on my windows mobile 7 phone. Give me a bunch of totally awesome and REALLY CHEAP games and I'll buy.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#222 friedram

friedram

PC Game Box Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Oh... also, games should be cross platform. If I buy it for my mobile 7 phone, it should show up and allow me to play it on the Xbox 360 and visa versa.
Core i7, Rampage II Extreme, HAF case, 300 Gig 10,000 RPM drive, 2x 1.5 Terabyte secondary, 6 Gigs Tri-channel ram, ATI 5970 2GB Dual video card - graphics, 8800GTS for PhsX, Logitech G13 & G15 Logitech Z-680's

24 in Dell 2407FPW Ultrasharp™ Flat Panel Monitor Wide

WD-62827 : 62"
1080p DLP™ HDTV

http://www.mitsubish...ls.html?cid=133

#223 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

Oh... also, games should be cross platform. If I buy it for my mobile 7 phone, it should show up and allow me to play it on the Xbox 360 and visa versa.

That's exactly what I was just going to post.

#224 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

I like the idea of playing win7 phone games on the 360, but I would think alot of games don't transfer well-some be awesome to have cross-plat. I agree some games are very overpriced, but some are priced right, especially dotw games, omg is great for 2 bucks. Carnyville is also great for 2. The platform is young-and pricing may change. There is non live games for free or only a buck or two that is great

Edited by MastrMeatWad, 25 May 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#225 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

It already links with Xbox Live for the 360 and so on...all the system would have to say is "Purchased for Windows 7 Phone = Purchased for 360".

#226 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

So I read the reviews on the game chest and a lot of crashing complaints. I am hesitant to buy, anyone know if that is still an issue or any info that could put my mind at ease? Thanks

#227 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

I love my windows mobile 7 phone, but the prices on games are retarded. I expect to see epic awesome games for the 1-3 $ price range like I keep hearing about on the other app stores. If developers want to make "teh huge moniez" they should keep making games for the PC and my Xbox360.

I have yet to buy a game on my windows mobile 7 phone. Give me a bunch of totally awesome and REALLY CHEAP games and I'll buy.

Maybe EastX can shed light on the pricing. I believe the increase price in XBLA games is either due to publishing fees to MS (notice how MS game studios publishes most of them) or MS setting standard price to not "cheapen" achievements. That's my best guess.

Having said that, most games aren't far off iOS standard prices. People look to the fire sales iOS has and set that as the norm. Looking at the must haves, PvZ is 2.99, GeoDefense is 1.99 and Sonic is 6.99 on iOS, not radically different from wp7 pricing. I'd love to see them get more competitive with pricing but give it time...remember how terrible the DotW used to be on the xbox?

My stance is I dont like the increased price, but at the same time achievements have me playing games way more than I do on my iPhone or iPad. So yeah I can buy a bunch of 1.00 apps, but what's the point if they go untouched?

#228 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

I'll be passing on the deal of the week. I wouldn't play any of the 3 games for more than 5 minutes.

#229 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

It already links with Xbox Live for the 360 and so on...all the system would have to say is "Purchased for Windows 7 Phone = Purchased for 360".

The game would also have to be programmed to work with Xbox 360, greatly increasing production cost and development time. Windows Phones aren't PSPs - they don't have d-pads and buttons. They actually use touch-screen or tilt controls to play, two things the Xbox 360 lacks. Sometimes the GPS too. Value-wise it would be awesome to buy a game once and play it on both platforms, but it doesn't make sense from Microsoft and developers' ends due to the dramatic differences in input methods between the platforms.

As for the cost, Friedram, are you really that hard up? There are many $3 games and of course the Deals of the Week. If you can't afford those, I would suggest looking for a better job or finding a cheaper place to live.

Everything Sean said about pricing is correct. Also, the Windows Phone userbase is much smaller than the iPhone/iPod's. Because less people can even buy WP7 games, it's harder for anyone to turn a profit at the $1 range. Games have to sell like gangbusters to be profitable at such micrososcopic prices. Many articles have been written about how iOS software sale pricing is actually bad or dangerous for the industry, regardless of how much customers enjoy it.

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
May 25
Also:

Edited by eastx, 25 May 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#230 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

... most games aren't far off iOS standard prices. People look to the fire sales iOS has and set that as the norm. Looking at the must haves, PvZ is 2.99, GeoDefense is 1.99 and Sonic is 6.99 on iOS, not radically different from wp7 pricing. I'd love to see them get more competitive with pricing but give it time...remember how terrible the DotW used to be on the xbox?

My stance is I dont like the increased price, but at the same time achievements have me playing games way more than I do on my iPhone or iPad. So yeah I can buy a bunch of 1.00 apps, but what's the point if they go untouched?

I could not agree more.

And as MastrMeatWad said:

... There is non live games for free or only a buck or two that is great

The Xbox LIVE titles make up a very small % of available games on WP7.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#231 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Yay!
Finally, Hydro Thunder Go is available and I cannot wait to play it.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#232 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hydro Thunder is pretty awesome so far. A bit too hard, just like the XBLA version, but that's nothing new. It seems to chug on some people's phones, but it runs fine on my Focus.

#233 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

This week's DotW is PAC-MAN - $4.99 $2.99
Posted ImagePosted Image

#234 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

This week's DotW is PAC-MAN - $4.99 $2.99

thanks for the quic,k post, I'll check it out.

#235 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

WP7 Deal of the Week
Posted Image
June 1
Also:

#236 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Pac-Man really doesn't seem worth it, but Doodle Jump looks interesting.

Can't wait for Angry Birds and Plants vs. Zombies in the next few weeks.

#237 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

I'll try the Pac-Man demo at least.

#238 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

Here's my Fast and Furious Adrenaline review. It's not a bad game if you like easy Achievements.

Also, here are release notes for the Harbor Master version 1.1 update. Harbor Master's a great game for $3, though the Achievements are way tough.

#239 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

I got to interview Pixelbite Studios, makers of Hydro Thunder Go!

Pixelbite Interview

Some news about Haypi Kingdom too:

Haypi Kingdom version 3.0 update breaks the game, but there is a fix

#240 nitzerebb6

nitzerebb6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Not sure if this link has been posted but here's a list of the upcoming games for the summer, looks pretty solid:
http://www.xbox.com/...tHaveGames/home

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals