Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3905 replies to this topic

#2371 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thanks Tyler.

In the good news front, Picnic Wars debuts as a Nokia exclusive and Spy Mouse becomes WP8 compatible

Another pleasant headline coming up in a bit... Don't spoil it if ya know it. :)

I think I know it. It's gonna be kinda pricey.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2372 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Indeed!

Skulls of the Shogun coming to WP, XBLA, and Windows 8 on January 30th

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2373 smashngrab77

smashngrab77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

I would love to see a DOTW on some of these ridiculous $6.99 games that are old...like monopoly so i can achv whore it :)
NEW LOWBALL AUCTION LIVE 1/9/13 THROUGH 1/13/13 OVER 150 ITEMS TAKE A LOOK!!!http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=316289

#2374 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Monopoly is $4.99. It has gone on sale before, but sadly we're still waiting on the DOTW to resume.

-Paul Acevedo

#2375 Yagami

Yagami

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

is it known if the Nokia games are timed exclusives or exclusive exclusives?

#2376 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

is it known if the Nokia games are timed exclusives or exclusive exclusives?

Supposedly they're only timed exclusives, but we've never managed to get confirmation from Nokia on that.

-Paul Acevedo

#2377 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Indeed!

Skulls of the Shogun coming to WP, XBLA, and Windows 8 on January 30th

I think it's a step in the right direction for MS (where they are already quite a bit behind Sony in my opinion) but strategy games aren't really my type of game. I'll definitely have to wait for price drops on the XBLA and WP versions.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2378 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

woohoo. two more games.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2379 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Finally catching up on my WP7 backlog since there hasn't been any inexpensive games released the past few months(save Alphajax). Really hoping some more start trickling out by February though :/

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#2380 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Good news! I finally made a proper press contact within Nokia.

I'm working on an extensive interview that will contain tons of juicy info regarding exclusives, Angry Birds, etc, - as long as they actually answer most or all of the questions. :-D

-Paul Acevedo

#2381 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Good news! I finally made a proper press contact within Nokia.

I'm working on an extensive interview that will contain tons of juicy info regarding exclusives, Angry Birds, etc, - as long as they actually answer most or all of the questions. :-D

Godspeed, sir.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2382 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

'looking forward to that interview.

#2383 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Still waiting on the interview.

In the meantime:

Turn N Run returns to WP8, Ghostscape leaves

-Paul Acevedo

#2384 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

The amount of delisting going on lately is nuts. It's the same way on Xbox; several XBLA games have been getting delisted over the last few weeks.

#2385 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

I just don't understand why more companies don't announce it ahead of time when a game is going to be delisted.

Especially in cases where the de-listing is because of losing a license, they'd probably get a huge bump in sales right before the game is pulled. I can think of several WP and XBLA games I would have made a point of buying if I just knew they were going to be delisted.

#2386 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for the updates and articles eastx.

Still hoping to see if Gameloft brings some of their games to WP8, so I can get some chevos. ;)

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#2387 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

I just don't understand why more companies don't announce it ahead of time when a game is going to be delisted.

Especially in cases where the de-listing is because of losing a license, they'd probably get a huge bump in sales right before the game is pulled. I can think of several WP and XBLA games I would have made a point of buying if I just knew they were going to be delisted.

In the case of Ghostscape's partial delisting, as usual Microsoft didn't even inform the devs that the game wasn't working with WP8.

And a lot of actual delistings on XBLA happen because the dev has gone out of business. But when the publisher is just fine (Konami with MLB Bobblehead Pros), it's definitely a wasted opportunity not to warn everyone about the game going away in advance. SEGA was cool enough to do that with Outrun, at least!

-Paul Acevedo

#2388 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

In the case of Ghostscape's partial delisting, as usual Microsoft didn't even inform the devs that the game wasn't working with WP8.

And a lot of actual delistings on XBLA happen because the dev has gone out of business. But when the publisher is just fine (Konami with MLB Bobblehead Pros), it's definitely a wasted opportunity not to warn everyone about the game going away in advance. SEGA was cool enough to do that with Outrun, at least!

It's unfortunately. "Common sense" is easily lost in the bureaucracy of large corporations.

I imagine they probably assign a person/team to push for renewing the license, or resolving whatever the issue is. And then assume that person/team is also coordinating with marketing in preparation their efforts fail.

... or these companies simply don't care. Either way, we lose.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2389 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Picnic Wars review

indie RPG Doom & Destiny is free and awesome - Seriously, get it! :)

-Paul Acevedo

#2390 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

indie RPG Doom & Destiny is free and awesome - Seriously, get it! :)

Got it. Don't know when I'll find time to play it... but I got it. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2391 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Now for the bad news:

After four weeks with no new Xbox games for Windows Phone, we may have the actual cause

-Paul Acevedo

#2392 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Now for the bad news:

After four weeks with no new Xbox games for Windows Phone, we may have the actual cause

If there's no more (or not many more) Windows Live games coming with achievements I'll seriously consider not getting another Windows phone when I upgrade, which is already overdue.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2393 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

If there's no more (or not many more) Windows Live games coming with achievements I'll seriously consider not getting another Windows phone when I upgrade, which is already overdue.

I gotta say I feel the same way. Plus, can't I just use my current HTC Arrive to still play the games and get achievements via Wifi, even if I don't get service to the phone anymore? Or am I misunderstanding how that works?

#2394 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I gotta say I feel the same way. Plus, can't I just use my current HTC Arrive to still play the games and get achievements via Wifi, even if I don't get service to the phone anymore? Or am I misunderstanding how that works?

Yup, you can.

#2395 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yup, you can.

Cool. Good to know. Thank you.

#2396 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Cool. Good to know. Thank you.

Yeah for awhile I was gaming on a focus over wifi in airplane mode, while th iPhone 4 was my phone.

I've decided to just game on iOS now. When MS promises Temple Run months ago and then delivers nothing, while iOS gets the sequel tonight, the choice is easy.

#2397 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I've decided to just game on iOS now. When MS promises Temple Run months ago and then delivers nothing, while iOS gets the sequel tonight, the choice is easy.

When exactly did Microsoft promise that? I missed it.

-Paul Acevedo

#2398 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

When exactly did Microsoft promise that? I missed it.

At the Windows Phone 8 reveal they showed it off, promoting the unity engine.

And I hate to come off as being sour, but MS has dropped the ball so hard, I just can't help it. They could have grabbed the mobile space by the balls, not the other way around.

#2399 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

At the Windows Phone 8 reveal they showed it off, promoting the unity engine.

And I hate to come off as being sour, but MS has dropped the ball so hard, I just can't help it. They could have grabbed the mobile space by the balls, not the other way around.

That's why I should've been at that event. The person who attended reported on none of the gaming announcements, so I was surprised later on at Casual Connect to learn about Fairway Solitaire coming to WP8. Well, I'll investigate Temple Run with the dev, since I know him from way back when Harbor Master came out.

Update: He told me that development is progressing smoothly, but right now they're focused on Temple Run 2 for iOS. Sounds like it will be out in the first half of this year.

#2400 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

glad Parking Mania is back..now just need Trivial Pursuit

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif