-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2522 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

How Microsoft can save Xbox games for Windows Phone: Part 5 - Online features and save games!

Angry Birds Seasons pops up on WP7 as well

Sony's Playstation 4 announcement and what it means for Microsoft and Xbox

Busy day!

-Paul Acevedo

#2523 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Glad to see more Angry Birds on WP7, but annoyed it's not an Xbox Live game.

Again, if Microsoft isn't going to support Live games (one of the main reasons I went for Windows Phone), and put Achievement-enabled games on iOS (Wordament), I might as well get an iPhone next time I can upgrade.

#2524 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

How Microsoft can save Xbox games for Windows Phone: Part 5 - Online features and save games!

Angry Birds Seasons pops up on WP7 as well

Sony's Playstation 4 announcement and what it means for Microsoft and Xbox

Busy day!

Commented on all three articles. Finally getting my butt in gear and posting on all of Paul's AWESOME articles!!

If Angry Birds Seasons was Live enabled, I'd have impulse bought it for 99 cents. But seeing as it has no achievements, I'm fine with regular angry birds. No sweat

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#2525 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Dustinator. Very much appreciated!

-Paul Acevedo

#2526 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Same deal. Tired of the shit support for live games. Thinking of going back to Droid, may check out iOS as well.

Was excited to go WP8 ,but don't really see the point now.
So Windwaker HD is like cocaine for my eyes.

#2527 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Same deal. Tired of the shit support for live games. Thinking of going back to Droid, may check out iOS as well.

I'm not quite to this point yet, but I will get there is something doesn't change before I'm ready to upgrade from WP7.

Fortunately for Microsoft, my backlog of WP7-only games is pretty long, which will keep me occupied while they get their sh*t together...or decide to call it quits.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2528 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

Just got a Windows Phone 8. Any recommendations on must have games and best free Xbox ones? Also, EastX, when do you expect the DOTW to start up again?

#2529 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Just got a Windows Phone 8. Any recommendations on must have games and best free Xbox ones? Also, EastX, when do you expect the DOTW to start up again?

Best free:

Wordament
alphajax
Flowers
Shuffle Party

I myself would get all the free games just because they are free but if you want to avoid some I would avoid Gun Bros and Bug Village.

As for must haves......

Zuma(Nokia exclusive)

Sallys Salon (this one is just a guilty pleasure)

Angry Birds any and all. You can get em for .99 each so why not

PacMan Championship Edition (pricey but a blast)

Final Fantasy (hours of playtime.nostalgia overdose.but pricey

Full House Poker

Civilization

Oregon Trail

Cut the Rope

Ilomilo

There's others I really like bit they aren't necessarily must haves. I'd start with those first. You can also get trials of most games and try them out.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2530 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Best free:

Wordament
alphajax
Flowers
Shuffle Party

I myself would get all the free games just because they are free but if you want to avoid some I would avoid Gun Bros and Bug Village.

As for must haves......

Zuma(Nokia exclusive)

Sallys Salon (this one is just a guilty pleasure)

Angry Birds any and all. You can get em for .99 each so why not

PacMan Championship Edition (pricey but a blast)

Final Fantasy (hours of playtime.nostalgia overdose.but pricey

Full House Poker

Civilization

Oregon Trail

Cut the Rope

Ilomilo

There's others I really like bit they aren't necessarily must haves. I'd start with those first. You can also get trials of most games and try them out.

Thanks. I picked up Wordament, and it is a lot of fun but seems to be temperamental connecting to the network. It would be a million times better if I did not have to connect it online.

I think I will definitely try out Civilization and Angry Birds.

Thanks again for the recommendations.

#2531 Dagolara

Dagolara

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks. I picked up Wordament, and it is a lot of fun but seems to be temperamental connecting to the network. It would be a million times better if I did not have to connect it online.

Prob was due to the Azure outage, has been fine for me since it came back up. Also take a look at Taptitude, tons of game and usually an update a week.

#2532 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Also, EastX, when do you expect the DOTW to start up again?

There is no telling. I'm not 100% sure it will start back up at all, but MS does always phrase it like it will come back someday.

I would also add Skulls of the Shogun to the must-buy list, unless you already own it on XBLA or Windows 8.

-Paul Acevedo

#2533 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Play GameBoy Advance games on WP8 with VBA8

-Paul Acevedo

#2534 MfMonster

MfMonster

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

Glad to see more Angry Birds on WP7, but annoyed it's not an Xbox Live game.

Again, if Microsoft isn't going to support Live games (one of the main reasons I went for Windows Phone), and put Achievement-enabled games on iOS (Wordament), I might as well get an iPhone next time I can upgrade.

Angry birds seasons is a live title on my wp8 but yeah, not so on my wp7 device. That decision was rovio s not MS. A poor decision and I am baffled why rovio would do that.

I also do not believe all the live titles are going to go to iOS. You may see a few titles here and there, and more for marketing. Again, my opinion.

Xbox live enabled games brought me to wp. I own ios devices (iphine/ipad) and have android devices as well. I love wp. The os is boss. My 8x is my daily driver, and My only complaint is the live games. Other than that I am pleased with the 8x. My iOS devices are nice and the apps are the only huge plus in my opinion. For android the devices are nice, but not a fan of the os, nor google.

My point being as long as wp continues growing the os and the marketplace catches up I wouldn't think of going back. Live games or not, I love wp. Live games brought me to wp, but won't be the reason to stay or leave. Just my opinion. Believe me the live games is a huge annoyance but won't be the reason for me to switch my daily device. The os is just too awesome. Totally subjective and my opinion which means zero to others. I also believe live titles are on the way, but like Paul's articles mention the certification process is a mess.

If live titles are the only reason you came to wp why would you go back? There must be something else, another reason because going back to a different os, device, you will not have live titles there either. On the iOS sites I frequent there are people with the same thoughts about switching, albeit different reasons. Every os has it's flaws. The market share for wp is small, growing, but small.

I am also loving skulls of the shogun. Being able to play on my Xbox and then on the phone is great. Also @ wrong- crimson dragon is a fun game for a buck!

Edited by MfMonster, 24 February 2013 - 06:18 PM.

VampirePrincessMiyu...

#2535 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Angry birds seasons is a live title on my wp8 but yeah, not so on my wp7 device. That decision was rovio s not MS. A poor decision and I am baffled why rovio would do that.

True, Rovio made the call of whether or not to make the WP& games Live-enabled, but as Eastx's article have detailed in great depth, Microsoft has gone out of their way to make publishing live-enabled games a giant time-consuming pain.

#2536 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

^Yeah, this is exactly why Rovio didn't publish it as a Live title. By the time it would get through certification, the number of WP7 users would be far lower than what it already is now.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2537 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

On a more positive note, I'm having a ton of fun with Bejeweled Live+. Zuma is a pretty awesome port too.

#2538 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

On a more positive note, I'm having a ton of fun with Bejeweled Live+. Zuma is a pretty awesome port too.

Zuma would be fun on a phone. Never liked it on the xbox however.

So, I have high hopes this week! Something good! PLEASE. THis certification is a mess, but like mentioned I came to wp for the live titles and fell in love with wp. My ios devices bore me and the OS is not as slick as wp (my opinion). Every android my better half purchases are nice devices, but the OS is something I desire.

#2539 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

I somewhat regret asking for recommendations. I have spent too many hours playing Cut the Rope and Angry Birds. They are just so addicting.

#2540 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Zuma would be fun on a phone. Never liked it on the xbox however.

You have to remember that Zuma's Revenge is way, way better than the original Zuma. The XBLA Revenge in particular is the best one, as it has many improvements not found in the WP, iOS, or PC versions. But the phone game still rocks.

-Paul Acevedo

#2541 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm not quite to this point yet, but I will get there is something doesn't change before I'm ready to upgrade from WP7.

Fortunately for Microsoft, my backlog of WP7-only games is pretty long, which will keep me occupied while they get their sh*t together...or decide to call it quits.

^THIS^

I just get the feeling that Microsoft is rather apathetic when it comes to WP. Sure, they have the "cool" commercials with the celebs touting how awesome WP8 is (and it does look awesome), but there is no denying the indifference when it comes to Live integration and actually giving the cooler features away to other mobile OSes (Xbox Smartglass on iOS, anyone?).

If we don't see some improvement by the time my contract ends in June, I'm jumping the boat to iOS. My wife loves her iPhone and we both recently got iPads, with sharing the Apple ID we save money on apps, where if I kept WP we'd have to pay twice for our absolute favorite games/apps.

MS needs to get off their asses and make WP great again. That's just my opinion, anyway.

#2542 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Not sure how I missed Part 5 before, but I just read/commented. Of all the articles on the subject, this is the one that I relate to most.

I just get the feeling that Microsoft is rather apathetic when it comes to WP. Sure, they have the "cool" commercials with the celebs touting how awesome WP8 is (and it does look awesome), but there is no denying the indifference when it comes to Live integration and actually giving the cooler features away to other mobile OSes (Xbox Smartglass on iOS, anyone?).

This is exactly how I feel about exclusive non-XBLA games on the Xbox. While I may not like a lot of Sony's games, they have a fantastic number of exclusives. The Xbox has next to nothing. They have the money and a great console, but they don't seem to care about what fans want...which is why we have a shitty dashboard, no more Inside Xbox, little to no communication with customers, etc.

#2543 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Asphalt 7 now available (in some regions, I think) on Windows Phone 8 for $0.99.

http://www.windowsph...28-3b57f2b4732f

I am currently unable to purchase it but I put up the link for other people to try.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#2544 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

Is it seriously 878MB?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2545 yamayama

yamayama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Yes it's 878MB and the link works now.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#2546 ya billy

ya billy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yes it's 878MB and the link works now.

says not available on my device which is a Lumia with windows 8...whats the deal.

#2547 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Asphalt 7 races to WP8 with online multiplayer

Zuma's Revenge review

Thanks ZombieToast! I thought part 5 would hit home the most for users. :)

says not available on my device which is a Lumia with windows 8...whats the deal.

The WP Store is having issues today. I kept trying for several hours and just now got the game to download.

-Paul Acevedo

#2548 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

i have almost 2.5 gigs free on my phone and it tells me I dont have enough space..........grr. Deleted all my music too.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2549 ya billy

ya billy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I have 2gb free and it says I need more space. How much free space so you need to buy this?

#2550 yamayama

yamayama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't know but a lot of people are having issues so I guess we have to wait until it's sorted out. :roll:

It is downloading on my Lumia 920 though.

Edit: There is a problem completing your request. Try again later.

Error code: c101a027

Edited by yamayama, 27 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»