wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

• Please log in to reply
3673 replies to this topic

#2551 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

If you're having space issues, I recommend buying and queuing the download through the website instead of directly from your phone. That has helped some users. Also try the app Shrink Storage.

Also:

AlphaJax update causes stats and games to disappear - fix on the way

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#2552 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

If you're having space issues, I recommend buying and queuing the download through the website instead of directly from your phone. That has helped some users. Also try the app Shrink Storage.

Also:

AlphaJax update causes stats and games to disappear - fix on the way

that Shrink storage did nothing for me. Did delete some games on my phone and cleared up another gig. 3.5 gb free ans still says I have low storage. And I tried from both the site and the phone. Guess I just have to wait and see if this is just some issue.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#2553 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Nice AlphaJax article, Paul. Question: Does the current update fix the Decennial glitch? I can't find an answer anywhere. And if so, how do I activate the update?

I've got all the other achievements, I just wanna finish the game with the glitchy one! Thanks! Keep up the good work.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#2554 ya billy

ya billy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I heard if you hurry and quickly create and resign 10 games you will get the decennial achievement. Some ppl have done so already.

#2555 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Yes it does fix the Achievement, as we note in the article.

Now then...

Asphalt 7 multiplayer impressions and low-memory WP8 device news

-Paul Acevedo

#2556 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

This is exactly how I feel about exclusive non-XBLA games on the Xbox. While I may not like a lot of Sony's games, they have a fantastic number of exclusives. The Xbox has next to nothing. They have the money and a great console, but they don't seem to care about what fans want...which is why we have a shitty dashboard, no more Inside Xbox, little to no communication with customers, etc.

lol while I agree with you for the most part, the dashboard is FAR better than the previous one. Remember all the big squares lined up? It was a nightmare to traverse. The current dashboard isn't the best but it's better than that previous mess.

I guess you are right about the non-XBLA games on the Xbox, I never really thought about it since all I play are Xbox 360 and XBLA titles nowadays. I would LOVE to be able to play Journey, that game looks amazing, and I miss game HD remakes like Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. But with the amount of games I have on Xbox, my wife would kill me if I even hinted at wanting a PS3 :p.

(sorry to go OT)

#2557 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yes it does fix the Achievement, as we note in the article.

Thanks for replying, but as I asked before, how do you access the update? I created a game, then looked at stats, and I haven't updated, so I don't know what else to do. Being new-ish to Win Phone, I'm still figuring things out. I went to games market, found an update there, but stats remain the same.

And the article is great, but you were vague about specific achievements being fixed. I would recommend being more specific about which achievements are fixed. And how to access the update. Because you do not state either in your article, they were both referred to rather vaguely.

Still reading and a fan, just wish for some specifics, before referring back to an article I already read for answers that aren't there.
Posted Image

#2558 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for replying, but as I asked before, how do you access the update? I created a game, then looked at stats, and I haven't updated, so I don't know what else to do. Being new-ish to Win Phone, I'm still figuring things out. I went to games market, found an update there, but stats remain the same.

And the article is great, but you were vague about specific achievements being fixed. I would recommend being more specific about which achievements are fixed. And how to access the update. Because you do not state either in your article, they were both referred to rather vaguely.

Still reading and a fan, just wish for some specifics, before referring back to an article I already read for answers that aren't there.

I ask the dev for release notes, he gives me release notes, and that's what gets published. I didn't encounter a problem unlocking Decennial myself, so I can't speak from experience. But the dev says the Achievements are fixed and Ya Billy suggested a method for unlocking it post-patch, so I'm sure that should work.

As for the update, you would simply install it when prompted or repeatedly search for the game in the marketplace from your phone and view its store page. If you're not prompted to update, then they've already pulled the patch. But if you did download the update, you should then be able to get the Achievement as Ya Billy described.

-Paul Acevedo

#2559 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Argh, I wish we could have something like Shrink Storage for WP7. I've added up all of the space being used by my games, apps, and pictures (the only significant things I actively store) and it comes nowhere near the max capacity of my phone.

lol while I agree with you for the most part, the dashboard is FAR better than the previous one. Remember all the big squares lined up? It was a nightmare to traverse. The current dashboard isn't the best but it's better than that previous mess.

I disagree. I found the previous dashboard much easier to navigate and I didn't feel like everything was buried in a series of submenus. The previous dashboard was still a mess, however. For me, the best version was shortly after NXE and the addition of avatars. I thought the UI was fantastic back then. But then they went from the mostly green theme to the mostly white theme and completely screwed up the UI. And then the current dashboard came out, which I feel is an even bigger screw-up. It would be great for a touchscreen or if Kinect worked properly most of the time, but navigation is such a chore with a controller (and even worse with a phone).

I guess you are right about the non-XBLA games on the Xbox, I never really thought about it since all I play are Xbox 360 and XBLA titles nowadays. I would LOVE to be able to play Journey, that game looks amazing, and I miss game HD remakes like Shadow of the Colossus and ICO. But with the amount of games I have on Xbox, my wife would kill me if I even hinted at wanting a PS3 :p.

I play all multi-platform games on my Xbox, so I also didn't notice it for a while. But it became much more apparent as my PS3 collection grew. All of my PS3 games are exclusives, so it made me wonder which of my Xbox games are exclusives...then I got sad. Ha ha. But hey, I have every option available to me, so I guess I really can't complain too much.

#2560 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

Thanks for the help. I didn't know how to update, then received one after the other. My stats still never changed, but I played one game, withdrew and it finally popped. I swear, if there is a chance, any remotely non-glitchy achievement will glitch on me, for an unknown reason...
Posted Image

#2561 Feeni

Feeni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Ok, so I've had an issue ever since I got my Lumia that I never used to have on my Focus. It happens whenever I download a game trial and then purchase the game. When I try to launch it after purchasing it says my install is corrupt and I have to delete the game then reinstall from the marketplace. Hasn't really bothered me a ton but Asphalt 7 is such a huge game. Anyone else had this or know a fix?

#2562 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Asphalt 7 review

OMG: Our Manic Game dev shuts down, WP8 update unlikely

Also, WP8 owners are going to be very happy this week. Will have news soon.

Edited by eastx, 07 March 2013 - 03:48 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#2563 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Here we go!

Amazing Spider-Man and Real Soccer 2013 now available on Windows Phone 8

-Paul Acevedo

#2564 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

You used the wrong link for Asphalt 7 (linked to OMG twice). Here's the proper link for anyone who's lazy:
http://www.wpcentral...sphalt-7-review

#2565 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Here we go!

Amazing Spider-Man and Real Soccer 2013 now available on Windows Phone 8

Thanks for the link EastX. I am going to try out RS 2013.

#2566 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

These games eat up wayyyyy to much memory. :(

Deleted a lot just to get Asphalt 7 and it says I have almost 2 gigs left but can't dl either of the new games.

rm8ylt.gif

#2567 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

^Paul addressed it in his Amazing Spider Man/Real Soccer article. It seems that you need approximately 4x as much space as the game takes to actually download and install it. So for 500MB you need about 2GBs of space, which is absolutely ridiculous.

PS3 does a similar thing, where you need double the space to download and install a game. So if you buy a 2GB game, you actually need 4GB of space to download it and install it. It's not a huge deal on PS3 considering I think the smallest hard drive nowadays is 120 GB. But for a phone with a 32GB harddrive (and significantly less than that being "useable"), requiring 4x the space is just terrible. Do iPhones and Androids have a similar problem like this?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#2568 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Downloaded the soccer game, but the Spider-man price is ridiculous.

#2569 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

So im guessing microsoft is not gonna support Windows 7 phones anymore. I kinda wished that I didnt get a Windows Phone last year. The lack of of new games and Deals on W7 is sad.

#2570 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Anyone know if/when Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX 2 are still coming to Windows Phone?

#2571 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

^Paul addressed it in his Amazing Spider Man/Real Soccer article. It seems that you need approximately 4x as much space as the game takes to actually download and install it. So for 500MB you need about 2GBs of space, which is absolutely ridiculous.

PS3 does a similar thing, where you need double the space to download and install a game. So if you buy a 2GB game, you actually need 4GB of space to download it and install it. It's not a huge deal on PS3 considering I think the smallest hard drive nowadays is 120 GB. But for a phone with a 32GB harddrive (and significantly less than that being "useable"), requiring 4x the space is just terrible. Do iPhones and Androids have a similar problem like this?

32 GB? I think mine only has 16 GB. But I think you can buy an additional 16gb micro SD card for it. So very ridiculous.

rm8ylt.gif

#2572 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

So im guessing microsoft is not gonna support Windows 7 phones anymore. I kinda wished that I didnt get a Windows Phone last year. The lack of of new games and Deals on W7 is sad.

The DOTW program is coming back soon. And there will likely still be a few WP7 releases.

Drunk Again, Ms. Splosion Man is coming pretty soon (no announced date yet but it seems to have passed certification). I think Pinball FX2 is vaporware.

-Paul Acevedo

#2573 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Ms Splosionman is coming to Windows Phone? That is awesome. That is a game I wouldn't have a problem spending extra money on.

#2574 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

The DOTW program is coming back soon. And there will likely still be a few WP7 releases.

Drunk Again, Ms. Splosion Man is coming pretty soon (no announced date yet but it seems to have passed certification). I think Pinball FX2 is vaporware.

That would be awesome if DOTW comes back. (To me I find it hilarious that it ever went away. How hard is it to mark down 1 games by $1-$2 ever week?) Sucks to hear about Pinball FX2, but at least I've got it on my Vita if I ever need my mobile pinball fix.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#2575 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

That's good to hear that there are still some WP7 games coming out.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#2576 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Good news about Ms. Splosion Man.

Sucks if Pinball FX 2 never comes though. That's one of my favorite games on XBLA.

#2577 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Here's a WP8 game that doesn't quite qualify as a deal. But it is rad:

Spectral Souls becomes the first strategy RPG for WP8

-Paul Acevedo

#2578 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Spectral Souls looks nice!
My 920 just got very annoying since it ran into the infamous proximity sensor issue :(

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2579 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

My 920 just got very annoying since it ran into the infamous proximity sensor issue :(

If you have a can of compressed air, try blowing it directly into the earpiece. I do that to my wife's 920 every few weeks and it always fixes the problem (although not permanently, obviously).

#2580 MastrMeatWad

MastrMeatWad

To the Moon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Here's a WP8 game that doesn't quite qualify as a deal. But it is rad:

Spectral Souls becomes the first strategy RPG for WP8

Awesome. I have found several non-live titles that are 100% awesome in the marketplace. It is nice to see fun and unique titles rolling in the last couple weeks. Titles for WP7 and WP8.

The memory thing is an issue for Spidey and Soccer. I had to delete 6 apps and games to free up memory to download. Once it was downloaded I reinstalled the apps/games I had to delete. Silly. Just silly. My ps3 it is the same story. Sucks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals