Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/6/11 to 3/12/11)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#31 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

great prices on Dragon Age 2 and MLB 11: The Show, just canceled my Amazon pre-orders

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#32 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

Dear Target, you spent who knows how much money revamping your entire video game section, you might want to consider having things called "deals" once in awhile to attract gamers to your stores so they can buy more than just an icee and $5 dvd

Love, a sad CAG :-(

although I do love those icees...

#33 Jason28

Jason28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

Nintendo DS:
Pokemon (Black or White) $34.99 ($5 Best Buy gift card with purchase)
Pokemon (Black or White SE DSi) $179.99

PS3:
MLB 11: The Show $59.99 (Save $15 when you buy MLB 11: The Show and either Little Big Planet 2 or Gran Turismo 5 -- $59.99 each)

PS3/XBOX 360:
Major League Baseball 2K11 $59.99 ($49.99 for the Wii; $29.99 for the PC)

PC/PS3/XBOX 360:
Dragon Age II $59.99 (with Best Buy-exclusive Amulet of Ashes In-Game Item)

All credit goes to TLK @ BR.com

#34 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Whee.

#35 UnrealZero

UnrealZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

funny thing is people will still buy at those prices without looking around.

#36 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

same old prices, nothing attracting

Games My life..8.gif

#37 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

it looks cool , wow , thanks op

Games My life..8.gif

#38 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Seems like the only reason to ever go to Target these days is to check out their clearance.

#39 windsmere

windsmere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:52 PM

More b.s. prices. Thanks op

#40 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

Last week they had Killzone 3 and Little Big Planet for $98 pre-tax, that's not bad.

#41 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

So uh.... retail for everything. YAY!
Posted Image

#42 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm guessing that you can't double-up on Pokemon Black / White (as-in, you won't get the $10 in RZ points for pre-ordering, and then get the $5 GC for showing up to pick it up on Sunday)....but I'd be curious to hear if someone tries to pull it off.

#43 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:22 PM

Weak. Thanks for posting, OP.

#44 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Wow, I had to double check because I thought I had clicked on the thread for next weeks Best Buy ad twice... Sadly I was mistaken.

#45 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

I just got back from BB, and it should be worth noting that a significant number of their 19.99 PSP games were marked down to 15.99. I couldn't resist picking up Peace Walker at that price!

Also, Kinect Sports was still listed at 29.99 on the racks, but it rang up as 49.99. I made sure to check in a couple different places where they place the 360 games at my location, and it was consistently priced, so the manager had no problem overriding for me.

#46 Serakek

Serakek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

I'm guessing that you can't double-up on Pokemon Black / White (as-in, you won't get the $10 in RZ points for pre-ordering, and then get the $5 GC for showing up to pick it up on Sunday)....but I'd be curious to hear if someone tries to pull it off.

I'm sure as hell gonna try, and I'm going to try to get them to price match the toys r us deal of buy one get one 50% off.

#47 NextDeadman

NextDeadman

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

I'm sure as hell gonna try, and I'm going to try to get them to price match the toys r us deal of buy one get one 50% off.

I wouldn't count on it. As a Best Buy employee myself, managers have it burned into their brains that unless it's a solid dollar amount, they can't match it.

Buy hey, you can always get lucky and have a manager that doesn't care.

#48 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

what a pokemon art portfolio?

#49 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

I wouldn't count on it. As a Best Buy employee myself, managers have it burned into their brains that unless it's a solid dollar amount, they can't match it.

Buy hey, you can always get lucky and have a manager that doesn't care.

Or you can have a manager who doesn't have a problem doing 5th grade math and actually perform the price match instead of acting like a d-bag and turning down a legit price match request.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#50 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks.

Funny thing how Power A's site says a MRSP of $9.99 for the kit, and TRU's ad says a $11.99 value.

TRU always do that... couple bucks more than suggested retail prices. I hate TRU for that reason, but yeah, they do have good deals from time to time (promotions that is).

#51 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

At least pokemon comes with a $5 giftcard. Still amazon is better, but you can hit a best buy sale on something, it could be something.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#52 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'm not sure what there is to "pull-off." The RZ points should be credited automatically in Best Buy's back-end computers without any need for the in-store cashier having to do anything or even be aware that that was an offer.

For those who need quick math, this should result in $15 back after purchase. As stated above, 500 RZ points ($10) for pre-ordering (after about a month for processing) plus a $5 gift card in-store (instantly).
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#53 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

I feel honored to be the first to slap a 1-star rating on this week's Target ad. Someone needs to tell Target this isn't 2005 when every retailer charged MSRP on every video game. The last time I checked the economy is not booming, but as evidenced by these "deals", Target mgt apparently thinks it is.

#54 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

I'm not sure what there is to "pull-off." The RZ points should be credited automatically in Best Buy's back-end computers without any need for the in-store cashier having to do anything or even be aware that that was an offer.

For those who need quick math, this should result in $15 back after purchase. As stated above, 500 RZ points ($10) for pre-ordering (after about a month for processing) plus a $5 gift card in-store (instantly).

What I mean is that - when I pre-ordered the game online this morning (before seeing the deal), I paid the full price of the game. I won't be 'buying' the game on Sunday, so much as picking it up. Since the deal isn't live yet, I'm not sure if it applies to online pre-orders.

If you put down $5 in the store for the game, and you actually make the bulk of your purchase on Sunday...I think it would be much more difficult for the store to justify not letting you take advantage of the printed deal.

I'll certainly ask about the gift card, but I'm not about to cancel my purchase and risk the $10 in RZ pre-orders (or the $30 in RZ certificates I used to make the purchase) over a $5 GC.

#55 trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

i cant wait to pay retail here... lol

typical of best buy

#56 trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

wait i thought this was the same as best buy... damn they have the same ad agency now??

#57 Ship

Ship

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'll certainly ask about the gift card, but I'm not about to cancel my purchase and risk the $10 in RZ pre-orders (or the $30 in RZ certificates I used to make the purchase) over a $5 GC.

As will I, I already got $10 off from a giftcard/reward zone. And now will get at least another 10, probably 15 (I'm pretty sure I got a giftcard picking up another game before). And I get it the day it came out instead of a couple days after ala amazon.

#58 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

Hell yeah!! you get both the $10 RZ pre-order bonus & the $5 giftcard. How could everybody forget the Halo reach deal where BB had the same pre-order bonus & and gave a $20 gift card?

http://slickdeals.ne...d.php?t=2220324

#59 extra80

extra80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

i suppose not all weeks can be a blowout.

#60 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Best Buy price matched TRU ad last week for me
Receipt 1: COD BO $40, DS2 $30 & a $40 gift card $114.18(tax included)
Receipt 2: bulletstorm $40, KZ3 $40 & a $40 gift card $124.78(tax included)
So COD BO, DS2, KZ3, Bulletstorm & $80 in gift cards for $238.96. All the games for $158.96.

All I had to do was show them the printed link from below with the response from the BB Corp rep highlighted
http://www.forums.be...ce-view=desktop