Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/6/11 to 3/12/11)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#61 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

I wouldn't count on it. As a Best Buy employee myself, managers have it burned into their brains that unless it's a solid dollar amount, they can't match it.

Buy hey, you can always get lucky and have a manager that doesn't care.

Do they not understand the part of the screen where you can input a percentage discount for a price match?

#62 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

What I mean is that - when I pre-ordered the game online this morning (before seeing the deal), I paid the full price of the game. I won't be 'buying' the game on Sunday, so much as picking it up. Since the deal isn't live yet, I'm not sure if it applies to online pre-orders.

If you put down $5 in the store for the game, and you actually make the bulk of your purchase on Sunday...I think it would be much more difficult for the store to justify not letting you take advantage of the printed deal.

I'll certainly ask about the gift card, but I'm not about to cancel my purchase and risk the $10 in RZ pre-orders (or the $30 in RZ certificates I used to make the purchase) over a $5 GC.

Cancel the order. Customer Service informed me last week that you only qualify for preorder bonus points if you pay the full amount of the purchase. It's voided if you use a reward certificate, gift card, etc. The points will be deposited back into your RZ account within a couple days after you cancel the order.

#63 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Uhh Jason28, You might wanna ad that the 160Gb PS3 ($300) model has a $50 GC that week as well and to note that the MLB 11 The Show DualShock 3 Controller will be available ($54.99)
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#64 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:14 PM

If I bought the KZ3 160gb PS3 last week...could I go back and get a $50 gift card or will that not work because it's the KZ bundle?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#65 Lubis

Lubis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

Lubis, is there mention of either Tales from Earthsea DVD or Nausicaa Blu/DVD prices in the ad? Thanks for the early peek at the ad!

Sadly there's no DVD/Blu sales this week.

#66 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:10 AM

Seems like the only reason to ever go to Target these days is to check out their clearance.

Agreed just cleared out their PS move game got great flips.

#67 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

If I bought the KZ3 160gb PS3 last week...could I go back and get a $50 gift card or will that not work because it's the KZ bundle?

They probably will do it

#68 kidu

kidu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

Although the game prices aren't that great, The Walking Dead Season 1 Blu Ray will be $22.99 next week.

#69 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:38 AM

Will the buy 1 get 1 half off deal work if I use a gift card?
Posted Image

#70 Hiro0015

Hiro0015

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:49 AM

Sadly there's no DVD/Blu sales this week.

Laaaaaame. Damnit, none of the stores are advertising either of these releases =|

Thanks for the response though!

#71 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:52 AM

I pre-ordered and am buying Pokemon at BB just for the 500 points, a $5 GC on top of that just sweetens the deal! Thanks OP.

#72 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

Dammit <_<, was hoping for a decent Dragon Age deal since i was planning to buy it there anyway. Guess ill just go with Instore pickup for the guarenteed pre-order codes.

Maybe thier deals for the week of the 15th will be better.....

Also....if you pay anything aside from cash, the RZ Bonus gets voided? Because i remember using about 55$ worth of Trade-In Credit towards LBP2 Collectors Edition, and i still got the 500 points for that.

EDIT: Yep, just checked, after using Trade In credit i paid 25$, got 23 points, along with the 500 for pre-order. Maybe it only works online?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:33 AM

If you get lucky and claim that it is a 160Gb PS3 you might get lucky (doubt it though). The ad does state "$50 GC with purchase of THIS PS3 (sku# 1237212)" which is the core 160Gb model.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#74 Ship

Ship

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

I'm thinking the customer service rep who said gift cards and RZ credit void promos is just full of bad info. I almost always use some form of gift card or rz credit and always get the bonus points (if applicable).

#75 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

Looks like I'll be pre ordering pokemon. I do not see the directions anywhere but can we preorder it online or do we have to do it in stores?

#76 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Online should be fine too, iv gotten Bonus Pre-order points that way too. Also, it seems to be more reliable when it comes to pre-order bonus codes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

If you pre-order, do you still get this deal or is this deal only walk-in only?

#78 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

i want that legendary kit
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#79 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

Online should be fine too, iv gotten Bonus Pre-order points that way too. Also, it seems to be more reliable when it comes to pre-order bonus codes.

In addition to my question, can we do it online and have a instore pick up? I don't see the option anywhere

#80 Invader Bugs

Invader Bugs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hmm, so what's the final deal on this whole preorder points thing for Black/White? I have a $10 reward zone certificate I'd like to use on it. If I were to preorder online right now, would I be able to use the certificate, get the bonus points, and the $5 gift card?
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242196"][/URL]

#81 Toolnigma

Toolnigma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

I have nothing to buy at best buy until I see copies of Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, or Hyperdimension Neptunia in ANY STORE.
My $50 gift card is a useless piece of junk.

#82 CottonGamer

CottonGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

Can the $5 gift card that you get from the Pokemon pre-order be used the day of purchase on a separate transaction, or is it activated for later use (a day or so)?

#83 Ship

Ship

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

In addition to my question, can we do it online and have a instore pick up? I don't see the option anywhere

Yes, I believe the steps I followed were searching for the game. Clicking check availability, choosing the store I want to pick-up at and select preorder. From there it let me buy it online and pick-it up at that store.

#84 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Yeah, that's how it works. I pre-ordered MvC3 online and did in store pickup for it and everything worked fine.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#85 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

I have nothing to buy at best buy until I see copies of Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles, or Hyperdimension Neptunia in ANY STORE.
My $50 gift card is a useless piece of junk.

PM me I maybe able to help with white knight chronicles my local BB has like 10 on clearance I think there close to or under $20. Heavy rain will be fastly restocked as a GH but it's available online used for $25. BB are VERY picky about the used game quality so you shouldn't get burned there. Hyperdimension your outta luck on BB carrying it I think. Plasticjungle.com is always an option too.

#86 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hmm, so what's the final deal on this whole preorder points thing for Black/White? I have a $10 reward zone certificate I'd like to use on it. If I were to preorder online right now, would I be able to use the certificate, get the bonus points, and the $5 gift card?

Yes, pay cash/credit for the pre-order and pay for the game however you wish. You will only get reg. RZ & gamer club points on the balance not paid for by the reward cert(ie:they won't give points for paying w/giftcards b/c someone already got points on the gc purchase & they won't for rz cert. "double dipping" points 4 points). And yes you get the $5 gift card too same as last yr w/halo reach's $20 gc offer.

CottonGamer
It's a "instant" giftcard once they give it to you, your free to spend it there's no time restraint like TRU. Besides, they'd love for you to use it on the current @gamer mag.

#87 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

On a side note, anyone know if the Homefront Headset thing instore is a guarenteed thing? I still remember getting screwed out of my MvC3 Special Edition <_<. Doubt i'd buy Homefront if it doesnt come with the headset.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

On a side note, anyone know if the Homefront Headset thing instore is a guarenteed thing? I still remember getting screwed out of my MvC3 Special Edition <_<. Doubt i'd buy Homefront if it doesnt come with the headset.

I was thinking the same thing but I doubt this would be a truly LE thing. Worse case scenario I could see them substituting the "BB" headsets but I don't think homefront will sell all that great considering KZ3 & bulletstorm have already provided an established FPS and new IP FPS just the week b4. PM the BB rep. on CAG or Kyle on the BB forums page.

#89 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing but I doubt this would be a truly LE thing. Worse case scenario I could see them substituting the "BB" headsets but I don't think homefront will sell all that great considering KZ3 & bulletstorm have already provided an established FPS and new IP FPS just the week b4. PM the BB rep. on CAG or Kyle on the BB forums page.

Okay thanks, didnt know there was a BB Rep on the forums.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#90 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

Okay thanks, didnt know there was a BB Rep on the forums.

Youtim