Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/6/11 to 3/12/11)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#121 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Deal is live on TRU.com and working on Pokemon. Cheers!

#122 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

Anyone else having issues with Rewardzone? I redeemed 500 points like 30 minutes ago, STILL havent recieved a Certificate yet <_<. (And i usually get them instantly)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#123 Gillbob316

Gillbob316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Ya'know how they just recently changed the formating for the rewardzone website?

Well I had $30 in certificates before the change. Already ready to print.

I logged in a day or two ago for the 1st time after the change and they were gone. Vanished. Not there. I was gonna write and angry e-mail but the problem resolved itself before I could...

After about 5-10 minutes passed and I logged in and out of my account at least once, the certificates finally appeared. I think the new system just needed a few minutes to "find" them.

I think the website overhaul is just a little less instant than the old one. Might still be working the kinks out.

Takes a few for things to kick in.

And yeah, try logging out and in again.

If you don't have yours TOMORROW... then I'd be concerned.

#124 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

Ah, okay thanks ill try that. I hope they come in by tommorow <_<, i was planning to use it towards an Instore Pickup of Dragon Age 2, and i dont want to use them toward Homefront for fear of voiding the bonus 500 points

Still nothing an hour and a half later. To top it off i even got the "Your Certificate is ready" email <_<.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#125 falcondealz

falcondealz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'm assuming it is possible, then, to buy Pokemon Black AND White for $52.50 today (Sunday) and get two kits?

#126 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Anybody think there's a chance Best Buy will PM Toys R Us? Not sure how they'll handle it since they have their own gift card offer going.

#127 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

Anybody think there's a chance Best Buy will PM Toys R Us? Not sure how they'll handle it since they have their own gift card offer going.

Best buy will NOT PRICE MATCH 50% off deals

HEADS UP

if you preordered the pokemon game YOU WILL NOT GET THE 5 buck gift card it was

10 buck extra rewards points preorder or 5.00 when it came out

one or the other NOT BOTH... was shot down ... what is even more BS they didnt even have my ordered pulled had to wait 10 mins for someone to find the order

Edited by slidecage, 06 March 2011 - 04:33 PM.

WOOOO I STINK

#128 pumbaugh

pumbaugh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

^^^ Had no problem getting the two kits!

#129 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

same got both kits...even though i don't like large styli so i won't even use them...

#130 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

I got two kits and even got the wall cling things even though I didn't pre order it. 31$ for both not bad so glad I got a $25 GC for Christmas.

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#131 AMadcap

AMadcap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

Also got both copies and two kits. Don't know how many of the kits stores got in, but there was a good dent in their visible stock when the first 4-5 people bought copies this morning.

#132 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

It's too bad my $10 off $50 coupon wouldn't work. :-( For once, it actually excluded video games (usually just hardware is excluded).

#133 grizbo

grizbo

where were we

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:38 PM

It's too bad my $10 off $50 coupon wouldn't work. :-( For once, it actually excluded video games (usually just hardware is excluded).

Did they scan it and the register rejected it or did they read the restrictions first and turn you away? Just wondering if the register accepts or rejects it automatically since I got that same coupon in the mail and I'm planning on trying it on Black/White later today.

#134 Krate

Krate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

Looks like those who pre-ordered Pokemon Black or White at bestbuy.com aren't left out on the $5 gift card deal. Well, sort of...

"Please note: Customers who pre-ordered either game prior to March 6 will receive a $5 digital coupon via e-mail."
http://www.bestbuy.c...cat234300050006

"Digital coupon," eh? :-?

#135 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Not sure if I like the new RZ site, but I'll give it chance.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#136 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

I was in Walmart the other day - my 6 yr. old had a giftcard from his brithday - and their videogame section is almost non-existent. Target, well they may not have any sales, but their clearance section keeps me looking week after week and at least once a month I find something good - Sin & Punishment 2, White Knight Chronicles, Bayonetta, Brutal Legend all for around their $12.48 price. Currently waiting on Dragon Age Origins to fall from $35 and the PS2 Slim with Toy Story 3 to fall below $69, they had 3 of each this morning. I checked after trading in my PS2 phat to Gamestop for $45 (same parking lot).

#137 fishentail

fishentail

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

Had one of those coupons too, but register did not appy the discount due to exclusion. No issues with getting 2 kits.

#138 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Best buy will NOT PRICE MATCH 50% off deals

HEADS UP

if you preordered the pokemon game YOU WILL NOT GET THE 5 buck gift card it was

10 buck extra rewards points preorder or 5.00 when it came out

one or the other NOT BOTH... was shot down ... what is even more BS they didnt even have my ordered pulled had to wait 10 mins for someone to find the order

You got screwed. I preordered in store and got the gift card, and the points should be posting in however many days that takes. And I price matched the Toys R Us deal. The cashier did say she shouldn't give the gift card and PM, but she did it for me anyway since I'm in there pretty often.

#139 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

Picked up Pokemon Black and White with the B1G1half-off, 2 kits, and 2 wall clings for my 2 kids.

I do not feel the kits are worth $11.99, much less $9.99. Probably sold to people trying to buy a bunch of stuff all at once. Kids like them though. It never hurts to have more stylus' in the house. My son plans on giving his extra to a friend, which is nice.

Happy with the deal--lots of store traffic but no waiting. Helped a mom with buying her kid his 1st Pokemon game, she was very much aware of the ESRB rating, which made me feel proud for her--I wish all parent's gave a shit enough to read the ESRB ratings.

Edited by donssword, 06 March 2011 - 09:49 PM.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#140 kenneth426

kenneth426

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

no my favorite games but still thanks

#141 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

how do you know if you will get the 500 pts? i preordered and was able to get a $5 gc.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#142 blazingfirexp

blazingfirexp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

got 2 kits! they had to open a new box for me and my friend.

#143 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

Did anyone else pass on the kits so that children could get them? Not trying to judge but I would think a ki would enjoy them a lot more than many of us here.

#144 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the store when it opened, so I got there about an hour later, and they were out of accessories. I did get Ghost Trick for $15 though.

#145 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:09 PM

how do you know if you will get the 500 pts? i preordered and was able to get a $5 gc.

you should be fine as long as you preordered it. sounds like slidecage had a localized incident of cashier stupidity.

#146 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

Did anyone else pass on the kits so that children could get them? Not trying to judge but I would think a ki would enjoy them a lot more than many of us here.

Thanks for the laugh

#147 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the store when it opened, so I got there about an hour later, and they were out of accessories. I did get Ghost Trick for $15 though.

Ghost trick is 15 bucks at TRU?

#148 JCDogg911

JCDogg911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

I got White and my friend went in also to get Black and we both got the kits. Would anyone have bought it for $11.99??

#149 Ship

Ship

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

yep I got my email containing my $5 digital coupon. More or less a code you enter online that gives you $5 off the purchase.

#150 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

You got screwed. I preordered in store and got the gift card, and the points should be posting in however many days that takes. And I price matched the Toys R Us deal. The cashier did say she shouldn't give the gift card and PM, but she did it for me anyway since I'm in there pretty often.

yeap....i did call in to see if you got a gift card for making you wait ( in the past the items HAd TO Be there when you picked them up) my items were not even pulled yet... They said they were going to forward it to another office but doubt iget anything.. had to wait almost 10mins to get my game
WOOOO I STINK