Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/6/11 to 3/12/11)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Got Pokemon Black today. Worked out nicely because I needed a new CD rack to hold my CD's and best buy had one cheap as well. :D
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#152 Dnell

Dnell

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Target has random items in their clearance section I purchased:
mel b (ps3) $9.98
star wars the force unleashed 2: the collector's edition (ps3) $55.98

#153 Ness3

Ness3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:17 PM

Picked up Pokemon White today and got my $5 GC. Hope the points show up soon so I can verify that I got both :P

679490.png

sig.gif

#154 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

Went and grabbed pokemon white (with kit) and kingdom hearts recoded. Saw a sign for 75% off all guides if buying with the game it's for so I grabbed the pokemon collectors guide (retail $30) and they manually adjusted it. So everything all together cost me $65 after taxes

#155 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

you should be fine as long as you preordered it. sounds like slidecage had a localized incident of cashier stupidity.

hopefully, we'll see in a month.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#156 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

What are the chances Best Buy will PM Kmart's deal of a free copy of MLB 11 with purchase of a PS3 to go along with their own deal of a $50 gc with a PS3?

#157 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

I went with Black and... Platinum :x
Posted Image

#158 folkie_1

folkie_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

Picked up Pokemon Black with a gift card. The Toys R Us near me didn't have another DS game that I wanted, and they were out of those little stylus packs. I went to Best Buy to pick up some seasons of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and picked up Pokemon too. It seems a bit much that they have gift cards in those CD cases now.
Church Bat and the Chapel Rats

#159 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Did anyone else pass on the kits so that children could get them? Not trying to judge but I would think a ki would enjoy them a lot more than many of us here.

This. Im usually a fan of swag, but there were so many little kids behind me, I felt they would actually use the kits and it would make their day. I was just happy to get both my games at B1G1 50%.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#160 AMadcap

AMadcap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

Did anyone else pass on the kits so that children could get them? Not trying to judge but I would think a ki would enjoy them a lot more than many of us here.

Certainly would have in a 'last kits, kids behind me' situation, but 4 of the 5 customers that morning were guys my age. No sympathy there. ;)

#161 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

What are the chances Best Buy will PM Kmart's deal of a free copy of MLB 11 with purchase of a PS3 to go along with their own deal of a $50 gc with a PS3?

YMMV but chances are better if the deal is in the physical ad and not just on the blog.

#162 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:01 AM

Ghost trick is 15 bucks at TRU?

It was if you took advantage of the B1G1 50% off DS games deal.

#163 rcx4

rcx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

I went to TRU today and bought Pokemon White (with free kit) and Ghost Trick for half off..

Thanks OP :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#164 Serakek

Serakek

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:06 AM

Just picked up Pokemon Black and White from Best Buy. Got 500 reward zone points ($10) for pre-ordering each pokemon game. Got a $5 gift card for buying each game. And here's the best part, got them to price match the toys'r'us buy one DS game get one 50% off. Basically I spent $55 and got both pokemon games and $30 in gift certificates.

#165 nflsonic

nflsonic

Your Title is Not Enough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:51 AM

Got White (no legendary kit, but I didn't care) and picked up WarioWare: DIY for 50% off. I realized after I got home that I could have bought WW: DIY new on Amazon for the same price at $15. Will I encounter an issue if I go back to that store tomorrow and exchange it for another game?

Edited by nflsonic, 07 March 2011 - 02:39 AM.

milesbanner.jpg

Currently Playing:
:ps4: BF4, inFamous: SS   :ps3:: The Last of Us |  :pc:: Starcraft 2 | :3ds:: Pokemon Y | :vita:: Tearaway |  :wiiu:: Zelda: WWHD 

#166 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Best Buy throws in a $5 gift card with Pokemon Black or White and will knock $15 off LittleBigPlanet 2 or Gran Turismo 5 when purchased with MLB 11: The Show.

GameStop discounts You Don't Know Jack at 19.99.

Kmart will knock 50% off Pokemon White when purchased with Pokemon Black. They are also offering 15,000 SYWR points ($15) with MLB 2K11 and/or MLB 11: The Show (free with PS3 160GB purchase), and 10,000 SYWR points ($10) with Dragon Age II. Buy a $50 PSN or 4000 point XBL card with Dragon Age II and save $30.

Toys R Us has a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on all DS games.

Read on for more details and deals.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28- See post here

:ds: Pokemon Black or White $34.99 + $5 Best Buy gift card
:ps3: Save $15 when you buy MLB 11: The Show and either LittleBigPlanet 2 or Gran Turismo 5 ($59.99 each)
:360::ps3::pc: Dragon Age II $59.99 (with Best Buy-exclusive Amulet of Ashes In-Game Item)

GameStop (Ad)
3/4-3/10

:360::ps3::wii: You Don't Know Jack $19.99
:pc: Civilization V $39.99
Posted Image 25% bonus on trade-ins towards Pokemon Black and Pokemon White
:360::ps3: Pre-order Brink and get the GameStop exclusive Doom DLC pack
:360::ps3: Pre-order Divinity II and get the exclusive GameStop soundtrack

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: These offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

:ds: Buy Pokemon Black get 50% off Pokemon White
:ds: Buy LE DSi Black or White Bundle get any Pokemon Game Free
:360::ps3: Dragon Age 2 with 10,000 SYWR points ($10) + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card
:ps3: MLB 11: The Show with 15,000 SYWR Points ($15) - Free with PS3 160GB purchase
:360::ps3: MLB 2k11 with 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)
:360::ps3: Two Worlds II $39.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28 - See post here

:ds: Pokemon Black or White $34.99 (free Pokemon art portfolio with purchase)
:ds: Pokemon Target-exclusive DS accessory case $14.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, Lubis - See post here

:ds: Buy 1 Get 1 50% off All DS games
Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased.
:ds: Pokemon Pikachu Charge Stand for DSi and DSi XL $29.99
:ds: Pokemon Themed DS Case $17.99
:ds: Another different Pokemon Themed DS Case $19.99

Sunday March 6th only:
:ds: Buy Pokemon Black or White and get a Pokemon Legendary Kit
Quantities limited;no rain checks Offer valid Sunday 3/6/11 only.

Edited by CheapyD, 07 March 2011 - 05:20 AM.

#167 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

hopefully, we'll see in a month.

You won't have to wait a month for the bonus points to appear, only for them to become available. Normally, points for purchases will appear (in a pending status) around 3-5 days after your purchase. I would say wait til the end of the week, and if you don't see anything, give CS a call.
Posted Image

#168 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

That Pikachu DS charging station that is in the circular says that it works with DSi, but wondering does it work for a regular DS lite? Also anyone wanna sell me their spare Legendary kit let me know...

#169 lostfan

lostfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:00 AM

YMMV but chances are better if the deal is in the physical ad and not just on the blog.

Its in the physical ad. I got the PS3 with $50 gc the last time BB had the deal. I'm wondering about the price match also. I figure its a long shot, but one that's probably worth taking. At the very least, I should get $10 off the game since the Kmart deal is valued at $60 and the $50 gift card, is well, $50. You never know though.

I put the odds of getting it price matched at 10%. If I get a knowledgeable CSR with autority to do it on their own, it might, but for a $60 price match, its likely a manager override and no deal.

Tuesday is real busy, not sure if I'll make it up by then, but Wednesday for sure.

#170 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:06 AM

You won't have to wait a month for the bonus points to appear, only for them to become available. Normally, points for purchases will appear (in a pending status) around 3-5 days after your purchase. I would say wait til the end of the week, and if you don't see anything, give CS a call.

thanks ill remember to check in a few days
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#171 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:41 AM

Did they scan it and the register rejected it or did they read the restrictions first and turn you away? Just wondering if the register accepts or rejects it automatically since I got that same coupon in the mail and I'm planning on trying it on Black/White later today.

Yes, the guys all know me there and let me scan it. Occassionally in the past the coupons still work regardless of the fine print, but they must have fixed their system because the register said it was below value (even after adding a Pepsi to make sure I was actually over $50).

#172 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:47 AM

Picked up White and Dragon Quest 9....

They handed me the legendary kit and a white legendary sticker sheet thing.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#173 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:50 AM

Stepped into a TRU for the first time in over a year today. I got black and white as planned. I had a couple of minutes so I picked through the clearence bins to find Phantasy Star Portable for $9.98!!!!! I've been wanting this for sooooo long:)

I need a new signature.

#174 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:01 AM

I did. When I got to the store the electronics area was pretty packed and while I saw quite a few kits up there I'm sure they would have ran out of them quickly once the after church/late day crowd hit. Besides I have no use for anything in the kit so it would have just been clutter anyway. I didn't even pick up any of those free wall cling/sticker things for the same reason.

Got white for me and black for my brother and the game is excellent. So nice knowing that when I go through tall grass there won't be a rattata annoying me or zubats in cave like they've been doing since 1998. Definitely the revamp I've been waiting for. As great as Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl were they still held on too much to the original formula and pacing of things to really feel like "new" games.

#175 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

ended up price matching the TRU deal for BOGO at Best Buy...scored both Pokemon Black and White...and even received both $5 gift cards for buy the games

2 brand new Pokemon games for $42...not bad.

596772.png

#176 cheapfrag

cheapfrag

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Actually I did the opposite... I was waiting in line and saw that there were only 2 kits left. There was a kid about 12 in front of me, so I kind pull up beside him to make it look like I was his Dad. It worked, the guy behind the counter asked if he could help me. I asked for Pokemon White & Black, got the last two kits. The kid then went to the next cashier and got Black and was told they were out of kits. I looked at him and smiled and said "you snooze, you lose". I thought he was going to cry, the big baby.

#177 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:34 PM

actually i did the opposite... I was waiting in line and saw that there were only 2 kits left. There was a kid about 12 in front of me, so i kind pull up beside him to make it look like i was his dad. It worked, the guy behind the counter asked if he could help me. I asked for pokemon white & black, got the last two kits. The kid then went to the next cashier and got black and was told they were out of kits. I looked at him and smiled and said "you snooze, you lose". I thought he was going to cry, the big baby.

lmao
Posted Image

#178 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

You Don't Know Jack is worth $60, honestly. At $20, buy buy buy! It just came out FFS.

#179 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

watch the response on the thread below see what happens

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288940

#180 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:08 AM

I was shot down at Best Buy today. Tried to price match TRU's BOGO and get Best Buy's $5 gift cards for Pokemon Black and White, but they pointed me to their policy wall that shows "bundled games" are not a part of their price match policy. Then they told me it wouldn't have worked anyway because "free items" such as the gift cards would become invalid after the price match. Wanted to use my $15 rewards money, but I guess I'll have to go elsewhere for Pokemon. I think I'll go with Amazon's $10 credit unless someone else have a better deal.