Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/6/11 to 3/12/11)

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

I was shot down at Best Buy today. Tried to price match TRU's BOGO and get Best Buy's $5 gift cards for Pokemon Black and White, but they pointed me to their policy wall that shows "bundled games" are not a part of their price match policy. Then they told me it wouldn't have worked anyway because "free items" such as the gift cards would become invalid after the price match. Wanted to use my $15 rewards money, but I guess I'll have to go elsewhere for Pokemon. I think I'll go with Amazon's $10 credit unless someone else have a better deal.

thats what the girl at the register told me, but i knew the manager of the store and he had no problem honoring the deal for me

its all about who you know :applause:

596772.png

#182 Gillbob316

Gillbob316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:55 PM

So about the 500 bonus points for Black & White at Best Buy...

The purchases for both games have shown up in my rewardzone records, but there's no indication of the 1000 bonus points. I don't have as much experience with this as alot of other people, so I'm honestly not clear on whether they SHOULD be showing up or not...

I know I'm not actually supposed to HAVE the points yet, but should I see something (ANYTHING) about the bonus points in my records at all yet?

Or does that just pop in when I actually get them?

#183 breakingbasham

breakingbasham

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Sorry if it's already posted- didn't see it anywhere if it was- but Amazon is matching Best Buy's $50GC deal on the 160GB solo (non-KZ3 bundle) machine.

#184 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

The purchases for both games have shown up in my rewardzone records, but there's no indication of the 1000 bonus points. I don't have as much experience with this as alot of other people, so I'm honestly not clear on whether they SHOULD be showing up or not...

I know I'm not actually supposed to HAVE the points yet, but should I see something (ANYTHING) about the bonus points in my records at all yet?

I'm in the same boat. In looking at my history of GC Bonus points, typically, they've shown up around 2 days after the basic points. I'm gonna wait till Thurs/Fri before I call customer service.
Posted Image

#185 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:00 AM

Sorry if it's already posted- didn't see it anywhere if it was- but Amazon is matching Best Buy's $50GC deal on the 160GB solo (non-KZ3 bundle) machine.

this could be much better
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288940

#186 breakingbasham

breakingbasham

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 March 2011 - 02:09 AM

Had that idea, but I honestly didn't want either game, and the prospects of having to trade away two new games to get enough credit to get other games I wanted... being lazy became just as important. Plus my K-Mart is pretty shitty.

300-50+no tax = 250
300-roughly 70 for trade-ins+24 in tax = 254. I know the extra rewards points at a 15 dollar value will make it better for a lot of people, and more power to you, but my local K-Mart is literally filthy. I've had cashiers burp and sneeze right on my bag. YMMV! (and I hope it does.)

#187 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

You don't get credited the $10 bonus points until 35 days have passed. It's to avoid people returning games after their $10 reward has been awarded and redeemed.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#188 freakmojo

freakmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:20 AM

I went to K-Mart to look for the Killzone PS3 as a second system and get MLB... but then I saw my longtime quest.... a Limited Edition Halo Reach 360. Still at $400, but looking sexy. I've never had a 360, so I don't even know what to look for in games.

What to do?

#189 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

The $5 gift card works in store at Best Buy right? Do I have to bring the gift card up along with the game or do they give it to me at the register?