• Please log in to reply
6470 replies to this topic

#4051 feelmuhpino

feelmuhpino

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Let's all prevent lurking:

1. Write the codes you have to give away.
2. Let the person that wants it PM you.
3. Check that persons games list, if they have the game listed for the content they want give it to them.
4. Let that person reply in this thread that they got the code, and write "GONE" next to your original post.

It's a longer process but it'll better the community and keep the guests from getting free codes effortlessly.

sounds like a good plan but step 3 sounds like overkill. That's too much work for a good samaratan who just wants want to give a way a free code. Besides I know a lot of peoples gamelists aren't up to date...at least I know mine isn't.

#4052 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

sounds like a good plan but step 3 sounds like overkill. That's too much work for a good samaratan who just wants want to give a way a free code. Besides I know a lot of peoples gamelists aren't up to date...at least I know mine isn't.

To be honest if people have time to redeem a free code they have time to update their game list, it's the least someone can do for a free code or two. As for the person going out of their way to give a free code to the community, I'm sure they'd want the code to go to someone within the community, not some random person just viewing the thread because they found it through Google. If that was the case they'd just drop the code anywhere on CAG and not take time to drop it in an organized thread just for code dropping. We can all take the extra steps or continue to have codes snatched by people who don't need or deserve them because of their indecency.

#4053 ritmomundo

ritmomundo

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

To be honest if people have time to redeem a free code they have time to update their game list, it's the least someone can do for a free code or two. As for the person going out of their way to give a free code to the community, I'm sure they'd want the code to go to someone within the community, not some random person just viewing the thread because they found it through Google. If that was the case they'd just drop the code anywhere on CAG and not take time to drop it in an organized thread just for code dropping. We can all take the extra steps or continue to have codes snatched by people who don't need or deserve them because of their indecency.

There's a member's only social group for code drops here on CAG. I dont have a link, but you can search for it. Posting there prevents lurking. Its too bad more people don't post there actually. However, I think codes posted in these threads that are visible to the public should be up for grabs. Or at most, the code poster can request a PM for the code if they don't want it lurked.

#4054 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

There's a member's only social group for code drops here on CAG. I dont have a link, but you can search for it. Posting there prevents lurking. Its too bad more people don't post there actually. However, I think codes posted in these threads that are visible to the public should be up for grabs. Or at most, the code poster can request a PM for the code if they don't want it lurked.

I know. The fact is most codes are posted here and members looking for codes come here more often. Because of that it's best that we all just go about sending codes through PMs as it seems more codes are being lurked. It's only on occasion someone from CAG redeems one and thanks the poster. Lurkers want codes, let them sign up, and contribute. It not only increases the chances of members getting their hands on codes they need, but it brings in more members to post deals, trade, and possibly even start giving codes for free themselves.

#4055 blackhawk8819

blackhawk8819

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Members only code drops.

It's not used much, but hopefully more members will drop there codes there.

#4056 fearlubu

fearlubu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

The problem isn't that non-members are taking the codes exactly, but lurkers. Been a member of that group for over a year now and know that that group has the same lurker problem as this one.
PSN: Fear_Lubu

<3

#4057 Judge Magister

Judge Magister

Time Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I usually write trivia questions in place of code numbers that way the code at least goes to a fan of the material the code is for.

#4058 Turning180

Turning180

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Members only code drops.

It's not used much, but hopefully more members will drop there codes there.

I can't even see that thread and I've been a member for years.

I like the PM idea. The codes are free anyway and they should be worth the little effort if people want them.

#4059 TWFJJ90

TWFJJ90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Assassins Creed 3 Uplay passport

7KR7-6LN6-98L4

Ill be posting another code for the Benedict Arnold multiplayer character later

#4060 Decypher

Decypher

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Assassins Creed 3 Uplay passport

7KR7-6LN6-98L4

I took the code, thanks. Surprised it wasn't lurked already.

#4061 ptasiu1906

ptasiu1906

(: ❦ ※ ⚤❤ :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm waiting for that drop ;)

#4062 d_nash

d_nash

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I have a 30-day trial Playstation Plus code (EU only). Post a reply to this message and I'll PM you the code.

#4063 therogueheero

therogueheero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Ill take it if you still have it.

#4064 runs80

runs80

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I have a 30-day trial Playstation Plus code (EU only). Post a reply to this message and I'll PM you the code.

I would LOVE to take it if you have a spare.
Thank you!

#4065 d_nash

d_nash

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Claimed by therogueheero

#4066 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

WWE 13 Mike Tyson DLC

2RMP-FNN8-DBL5

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#4067 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

WWE 13 Online Axxess Pass

4TLD-KQNC-E7GM

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#4068 jasper_27_santiago

jasper_27_santiago

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

^ 2 codes above are already lurked

#4069 TWFJJ90

TWFJJ90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Benedict Arnold multiplayer character for AC3

DHEB-F3NL-EHBC

#4070 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Watch that code get lurked.

#4071 TWFJJ90

TWFJJ90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

It has no effect on me if it is, I don't have a PS3 so no use to me

#4072 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Benedict Arnold multiplayer character for AC3

DHEB-F3NL-EHBC

Watch that code get lurked.

Yup, been lurked or something. Says "code may not be correct or may not be valid." Bummer, I would've liked that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4073 TWFJJ90

TWFJJ90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Yup, been lurked or something. Says "code may not be correct or may not be valid." Bummer, I would've liked that.

I'm from UK so it might be region locked, I've no idea if it is though

#4074 PottyPops

PottyPops

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I'm from UK so it might be region locked, I've no idea if it is though

Oh, didn't notice that. I redeemed it on my son's profile since he wanted a UK acct. Thank-you.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4075 Turning180

Turning180

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Might as well get rid of these. I have a couple codes for Hitman: Absolution Sniper Challenge (from the website that was giving them away a week or two ago). They are for EU accounts only. Assuming there is probably not a lot of demand for them, I'll post them here.

J4RB-LAND-8D3K
59GA-EKN3-G694

#4076 rann

rann

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Might as well get rid of these. I have a couple codes for Hitman: Absolution Sniper Challenge (from the website that was giving them away a week or two ago). They are for EU accounts only. Assuming there is probably not a lot of demand for them, I'll post them here.

J4RB-LAND-8D3K
59GA-EKN3-G694

Got the 2nd one. Thanks a lot! :)

#4077 ritmomundo

ritmomundo

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Just so you guys know, if the code you try to redeem had been used/lurked, it will say something like "The prepaid card you entered has already been spent." If you get a message saying "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid," it means it is for a different region than your account, and doesn't automatically mean its been lurked.

#4078 Tiger™

Tiger™

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

LBP/2/Vita/K Vest Code. Got this for participating in the beta.

5C9Q-BPNA-2KEG

#4079 pandiosity

pandiosity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

LBP/2/Vita/K Vest Code. Got this for participating in the beta.

5C9Q-BPNA-2KEG

thanks redeemed :)

Cant wait to try out the vest.

#4080 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I also got that code

N88P-HTNB-QG8M

Edited by Yeloazndevil, 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil