Photo
- - - - -

Bulletstorm $39.99 @ Amazon (360 / PS3 / PC)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#31 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Dig down into the description of the item, and it says it includes the GeOW3 beta, plus all of the other "Epic Edition" items.

The pic isn't of the "Epic Edition", so it might be a crapshoot of which version you get.

Yes, but there is mention of upgrade to the "Epic" or "Limited" editions only if you preorder before 2/22/11:

Bulletstorm - Epic Edition

Pre-order Bulletstorm before February 22, 2011 and recieve an automatic upgrade to Bulletstorm - Epic Edition, which includes:

• Guaranteed early access to the public beta for Gears of War 3 - the spectacular conclusion to one of the most memorable and celebrated sagas in video games
  • Peace Maker Carbine, boots and armor
  • 25,000 experience points to use right off the bat
  • Visual upgrades for the iconic leash

#32 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

Yes, but there is mention of upgrade to the "Epic" or "Limited" editions only if you preorder before 2/22/11:

It says that, but orders placed after release have also come as limited editions. I ordered mine on the 24th and I received the limited edition with the beta.

#33 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:03 PM

Amazingly fast drop. Can't in my heart of hearts not expect this is swan dive by summer, esp once the Gears beta piece happens

#34 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Im just going to wait for this to be around 20 bucks used or rent it Im not really interested in the multiplayer.

#35 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

I thought this had one of the best SP campaigns in a long time. I personally liked it better than GoW 1 and 2, CoD MW 2 and BO and for me it was on par with Reach. The story was original, the gameplay never got stale (him, played-out pop n shoot gameplay or something original?), and it was just the right length. It was also fun going back and playing Echoes.

Great game at full price at definitely around $40. I too will probably trade it in though as there's not much left and I don't care about MP. The only thing that the disc gets you is EARLY access to the beta, if you have GoW3 reserved you get access anyway.

What confuses me is (and I'll ask when I trade it in unless somebody else already knows) that at GS you get $5 towards a reservation of GoW3 w/purchase of Bulletstorm. So technically you should have two beta keys anyway...

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#36 eXciter1

eXciter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

I will be keeping it to complete the achievements added when the DLC comes out.

#37 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

The PC retail version is $39.95 also. I am thinking about picking it up because it comes with Gear of War PC.

#38 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Buy this with my $20 credit for a total of $19.99. Thanks OP!

#39 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

Can you activate the PC version on Steam?

#40 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

to bad you have to have the disc to access the gears beta a week early

Not really, played through it then got my money back and when beta drops i'll hit up Family Video or Blockbuster if they haven't folded for a weeks rental. ;) Game rental is cheaper than the code will sell for.

#41 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

Can you activate the PC version on Steam?

From what I've read, no. It is a GFWL game and apparently has problems due to that . . . I'll pass on the PC retail version for that reason.

#42 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Havn't seen this posted yet so thought I would. Just a heads up Amazon's Video game deal of the day is Bulletstorm for $39.99

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

#43 Cheeseknight28

Cheeseknight28

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Damn... that was fast...

It's probably not the Epic Edition but even still, $20 off this fast is ridiculous.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now playing:
:360: AC:B | Oblivion | Metro 2033
:ds: Radiant Historia | Pokemon Black | The World Ends with You
:psp: Valkyrie Profile
Just finished:
:360: Brink :censored:

Backlog status: 95+ games

#44 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thought the demo for this sucked. The idea was good, but poorly done. It got pretty repetitive quickly and the level designs and textures were sub-par.

#45 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

search?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#46 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

eh sorry for the double thread the other one was buried lol. Feel free to combine or deleate.

#47 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:07 PM

It's on the front page...

#48 Jiggaloj

Jiggaloj

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

eh sorry for the double thread the other one was buried lol. Feel free to combine or deleate.

Buried? It's on the front page. :-?

#49 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Eh must of overlooked it then. I will take my beating lol.

#50 funjoe

funjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

That's an insane price for a newly released game that has gotten positive reviews. I personally didn't care for the demo so I think I'll pass until it hits $20

#51 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'd be all over this if I didn't already get it and KZ3 for $40 each price matching the TRU giftcard deal.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=288307

#52 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

This just confirms for me that the $20 credit Amazon throws out with pre-orders isn't worth it - not without some pre-order-only special items or downloads attached. Wait a few weeks and the price will be the 'cash equivalent over time', but better because you're spending less up front for the same thing.

#53 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:23 PM

lol saw this coming a mile away

#54 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Would get this, but backlog is far too deep.

#55 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

I played the demo and didn't really get that asskicking after asskicking impression that all the other promotional media seemed to imply. It felt clunky and cluttered. I am still tempted though, because I know I would enjoy it to some degree, and I do want in the GoW3 beta.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#56 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hey at least I called myself out first lol.

#57 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Buy me Bulletstorm or go to hell!

:applause:

#58 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

Wow, already, seriously? -_-
I could have easily wait two weeks for this and used a $20 credit and it would have been $19.99. Oh well I guess.
The end of an era, RIP Amazon.
(As of Sept. Amazon charges tax in the state of PA)

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#59 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I played the demo and didn't really get that asskicking after asskicking impression that all the other promotional media seemed to imply. It felt clunky and cluttered. I am still tempted though, because I know I would enjoy it to some degree, and I do want in the GoW3 beta.

The demo was surprisingly poor, although it did show the basic gameplay elements. The actually game works a bit better with the story dialogue breaking up some of the shooting, but I did find myself thinking this is in no way a $60 game, given how short the single player is (although even as short as it was, near the end I was getting a bit bored of it)...but there were some well done set pieces and it is certainly pretty looking...But given I got from amazon for $59 with a $20 credit and locked in a trade at amazon at $40, I'm happy with the 2 days of gameplay I got out it.

#60 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

When exactly did people lock this in at $40? When it first came out I noticed it was only 10 or 11, and then now it was coming up at $32 but when you added it in it was only $27. Still more than GS since they're 50% thing is supposed to be over but still.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)