Photo
- - - - -

Bulletstorm $39.99 @ Amazon (360 / PS3 / PC)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 Jankee

Jankee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

What confuses me is (and I'll ask when I trade it in unless somebody else already knows) that at GS you get $5 towards a reservation of GoW3 w/purchase of Bulletstorm. So technically you should have two beta keys anyway...

Your Bulletstorm disc doesn't require a key, it is a menu choice, so you have to have the disc. it should be active on April 18. I don't know if you have to have the EA online pass. (It is a multiplayer beta, but the publisher for Gears is Microsoft.)

You can go to GameStop and show your receipt. They will print off a key that will be good on April 25.

You do get one week early access to the beta for Bulletstorm Epic Edition.

#62 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Your Bulletstorm disc doesn't require a key, it is a menu choice, so you have to have the disc. it should be active on April 18. I don't know if you have to have the EA online pass. (It is a multiplayer beta, but the publisher for Gears is Microsoft.)

You can go to GameStop and show your receipt. They will print off a key that will be good on April 25.

The online pass (in the epic edition ONLY, the online pass for the normal edition does not include the beta) for Bulletstorm activates the Beta, which will start on the 18th.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#63 xplocvo

xplocvo

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

The PC retail version is $39.95 also. I am thinking about picking it up because it comes with Gear of War PC.

You sure about that? I thought that was just a special that the Games for Windows Live Marketplace was running. I don't see any mention on Amazon's page about it being included.

#64 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

this is really tempting but hearing how short the game is and with Homefront coming out next week i might wait...thanks for the post though...

#65 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

The game was pretty short. I finished it on the hardest difficulty and it took roughly about 11 hours. The on-line play is kinda whack also. Unless you like going in circles and being on the same map for 20 levels lol

#66 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

I paid $60 for Bulletstorm (well with a $20 credit) and I have not regretted it once. Even without the $20 credit, I still got my money's worth. It is probably the only non Valve FPS (and well Bad Company 2's multiplayer) I have played in like the past 3 years that has not bored me to death within an hour of playing. I never once found the skillshots repetive or boring because I was always finding new ways to rack up points, and it beats having to hide behind a wall 85% of the time like in about every other fucking shooter nowadays.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#67 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

I have a feeling this will be one of those games that drop to $20 or les by the end of the year. I'll wait till then.

#68 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

What a second I'm confused. Pardon me if I'm reading this wrong, but you said that the Bulletstorm beta doesn't require a key because it's a menu choice (I know that, have the Epic Edition), but then you said that you can go into GS and have them print off you key. Is that for the GoW 3 preorder beta?

I got a text a few days ago saying I have to come in and get my beta key... So really if I want to play the beta I should be able to return Bulletstorm and have no issue, right? I just don't get early access.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#69 CountChoculitis

CountChoculitis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

You sure about that? I thought that was just a special that the Games for Windows Live Marketplace was running. I don't see any mention on Amazon's page about it being included.

First run retail copies are supposed to include Gear of War apparently from what I have heard and read. I think I saw it on PCgamer or something.

I decided not to buy it with Dragon Age 2 coming tomorrow. Would not be able to play it for a month prob and then the price could be lower and it will be closer to the gears beta so I would want it for 360.

#70 Jankee

Jankee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

What a second I'm confused. Pardon me if I'm reading this wrong, but you said that the Bulletstorm beta doesn't require a key because it's a menu choice (I know that, have the Epic Edition), but then you said that you can go into GS and have them print off you key. Is that for the GoW 3 preorder beta?

I got a text a few days ago saying I have to come in and get my beta key... So really if I want to play the beta I should be able to return Bulletstorm and have no issue, right? I just don't get early access.

You are correct. I left off that you need to show that you pre-ordered Gears 3 to get the key.

If you check http://gearsofwar.xb...ry.aspx?id=2004, you'll see that they are unlocking skins/etc. in Gears 3 for playing the beta. The Bulletstorm peeps get the flaming hammerburst.

#71 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

I think I'll go ahead and grab this, play it while I wait for the cost of Killzone 3 to reach 40 or less.

#72 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Amazon got me twice now. Once with Dead Space and now with Bulletstorm. Don't get me wrong they're both awesome, but I'm not buying another EA game on release.

#73 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

I would get this if it's the Epic Edition, as of now most think it is indeed the Epic Edition? Or are we to assume it's just a crapshoot whether you will get that version or not?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm tempted here... it is on my radar to pick up but I was planning to get it for $20 down the road... hmmmm... what to do???

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#75 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

Got this for $60 at Kmart with a $20 credit and I have not regretted it. It's my favorite game so far this year actually.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#76 Moltres423

Moltres423

Not easy being meaty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:22 PM

I thinK I'll just "rent" a used version from Gamestop sometime...it sounds like its really short and while the arcade point system adds some replay value, after 1 playthrough youve probably done about as much experimenting with different kills as you can

Really fun demo, but agreed with whoever said that announcing DLC on day one is a major turnoff

I'm surprised no one caught this post earlier. I hate it when people do this kind of thing. Say what you will about how bad Gamestop is, but taking advantage of a policy like that is pretty lame in my book. I hope you eventually get blacklisted. =P

#77 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

I'm surprised no one caught this post earlier. I hate it when people do this kind of thing. Say what you will about how bad Gamestop is, but taking advantage of a policy like that is pretty lame in my book. I hope you eventually get blacklisted. =P

They need to do what WalMart does with no-receipt returns and require an ID and put a limit on people.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#78 immortalfireboy

immortalfireboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

I would get this if it's the Epic Edition, as of now most think it is indeed the Epic Edition? Or are we to assume it's just a crapshoot whether you will get that version or not?

My only reason for not buying it too. If we could confirm Epic edition i'd be all over it.
Posted Image

#79 dc_fortythree

dc_fortythree

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:30 PM

So tempting at this price especially with all the positive comments I've heard on podcasts. But think I'm gonna have to pass especially with Dragon Age 2 coming out tomorrow. Goodbye social life LOL :-)

#80 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

Fuck it, I'll bite. And if it is for some reason not the Epic Edition, I'll... hmm... return it!

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#81 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:35 PM

$30 or bust. Liked the demo, but I can wait for a lower price.

KneeKnee.png

#82 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Got this for $60 at Kmart with a $20 credit and I have not regretted it. It's my favorite game so far this year actually.

Got mine at Kmart too, love the game, but Dead Space is my favorite franchise, took precedent as far as a favorite thus far, but this really is a fantastic game.

#83 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

My only reason for not buying it too. If we could confirm Epic edition i'd be all over it.

Why, do you just want the GoW3 beta?

#84 immortalfireboy

immortalfireboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:54 PM

Why, do you just want the GoW3 beta?

Well im not in a rush to buy Bulletstorm. But yeah i want the beta.
Posted Image

#85 Kilger

Kilger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Fuck it, I'll bite. And if it is for some reason not the Epic Edition, I'll... hmm... return it!

same here

Posted Image
PSN-xKILGERx

#86 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

Ooh I'm sure this isn't sitting well with some people who paid full price just a couple weeks ago.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#87 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

Ooh I'm sure this isn't sitting well with some people who paid full price just a couple weeks ago.

pretty much every game around has a similar drop in the same time frame. if they havent learned this by now, hopefully this will be their lesson learned.

#88 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:07 PM

Except a lot of people who "paid full price" did get a $20 credit, if bought from Amazon (I did), which makes it a wash.

#89 NolbertoS

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Got such a huge backlog..I'm betting this game will drop more. I'll await the $20 price for me
Circuit City shall burn in Hell

#90 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:35 PM

I actually wish I bought it at launch with the $20 promo credit and Epic Edition code (to resell) as Bulletstorm was worth $40 trade-in credit to Amazon a week back (now $27).

$35 would at least look more tempting for the non Epic Edition...

Edited by Necrozilla, 07 March 2011 - 11:47 PM.

Looking for Dirt 2. Paying $30 for a MINT copy.
:hot: pDSfxwU.png :hot:

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif