Photo
- - - - -

Bulletstorm $39.99 @ Amazon (360 / PS3 / PC)

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 V878

V878

Let's hug it out

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

Watched the Quick Look on GiantBomb and the game looks like a ton of fun. Still, if it price dropped to $40 this quickly, I sort of wonder if it'll be down to $20 by the summer. With my backlog the way it is, I certainly can wait to find out.

#92 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:29 AM

Pretty decent game. I rented it and ran through the single player on the normal difficulty setting. I didn't touch the multiplayer but heard it was good.

#93 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:56 AM

I only play shooters for the campaign, so the replay value isn't high for me. I did like the demo, but $25 is my price point.

#94 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Amazon got me twice now. Once with Dead Space and now with Bulletstorm. Don't get me wrong they're both awesome, but I'm not buying another EA game on release.

You've been here for 5+ years and haven't noticed this trend until now?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#95 ivanctorres

ivanctorres

Johan is gansta!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:15 AM

I passed on the $20 credit, and this deal is basically the same deal at release. I'm interested in the game but not willing to pay $40. I got DA2 on the way, and i'm knee deep in PoKemon so it all boils down to bad timing at this point.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#96 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

Ooh I'm sure this isn't sitting well with some people who paid full price just a couple weeks ago.

It's sitting pretty well with me, I played the shit out of it and felt I got my money's worth. Besides, I still got $20 credit back, so it's all good. 8-)

#97 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

It's sitting pretty well with me, I played the shit out of it and felt I got my money's worth. Besides, I still got $20 credit back, so it's all good. 8-)

Same here, the fun I have had over the past two weeks was well worth $20. This does seem to be a trend with EA and Amazon.

#98 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

Ha was watching to wait for a price reduction on this game and as soon as I get a price reduction they've shipping DA2 to me. Worse timing ever.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#99 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Any difference with the PS3 "standard" edition and "limited" edition or whatever they called it? Since it obviously doesn't come with a Gears code, what is in that version that makes it "limited"?

#100 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

Had to bite once I saw I had a $10 promotional code in my email from Amazon for a magazine renewal. If its not the epic edition I will either just flip it on craigslist or return it though.

#101 n1c0

n1c0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:31 AM

Any difference with the PS3 "standard" edition and "limited" edition or whatever they called it? Since it obviously doesn't come with a Gears code, what is in that version that makes it "limited"?

A few weapons skins, a weapon, and some early experience points.

Ordered mine, guess we'll find out what Amazon is shipping on Wednesday.

Anyone ordered Dead Space 2 from them when it dropped to 40? What did they sent?

#102 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:33 AM

I actually wish I bought it at launch with the $20 promo credit and Epic Edition code (to resell) as Bulletstorm was worth $40 trade-in credit to Amazon a week back (now $27).

$35 would at least look more tempting for the non Epic Edition...

lol the code would be useless without the disc though

#103 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

I assume regular edition Bulletstorm's with an account that redeemed the Epic Edition could play that beta or maybe someone bought a used Epic Edition - whatever the case, the codes were easily selling for $10 in Bulletstorm's launch week.

Replayed the demo and hope the sequel gets a "bullet-time" button (frustrating "Mercy" and "Rear Entry" misses). $20 or bust is my price now.

Looking for Dirt 2. Paying $30 for a MINT copy.
:hot: pDSfxwU.png :hot:

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#104 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

Well they are still shipping out the Epic Edition, so it's not like it's rare or anything. Meh, I don't get why people would pay just for a beta code that gives them access to a beta that opens up a week later to preorders.

#105 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

CML: cheapassgamer.com/topic/321457-

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

Supposedly there's a flaming weapon (animated decal) that only Epic Edition players can get in that 1 week early access.

Looking for Dirt 2. Paying $30 for a MINT copy.
:hot: pDSfxwU.png :hot:

vTIvNK1.gifhlCUS8Z.gif

#106 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

few minutes left I'm thinking about it.

#107 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

I assume regular edition Bulletstorm's with an account that redeemed the Epic Edition could play that beta or maybe someone bought a used Epic Edition - whatever the case, the codes were easily selling for $10 in Bulletstorm's launch week.

Replayed the demo and hope the sequel gets a "bullet-time" button (frustrating "Mercy" and "Rear Entry" misses). $20 or bust is my price now.

There is a bullet time button...happens when you kick, slide into, or launch enemies in the air with the hotdog cart. They flash blue and slow down and the minibosses do this when you stun them by hurting them enough.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#108 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

Got the Epic Edition today. Ordered at 4-something PM yesterday.

#109 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:45 PM

Got the Epic Edition today. Ordered at 4-something PM yesterday.

same but around 6pm est

#110 Kilger

Kilger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

sweet nice to know it'll be the epic edition.

Posted Image
PSN-xKILGERx