Yakuza 3 $14.99 @ KMart.

[quote name='mitnosi']It will be free with Yakuza 4 purchase come next week.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware of that. There were so few copies of the game though that its probably still good that I picked it up, as I couldn't see myself paying $60 to get them both.

$14.99 is a good deal for this...cheapest I've seen is $17.99 used through GameStop a looong time ago.

The KMart deal is based upon availability and at this price, I just don't see them being available.

I picked it up from goHastings a month ago for around $17 and it's missing the instructions. Would like a complete copy...

Are you sure it was $14.99 and not $14.97?

Who the fuck would rate this two stars for it being the cheapest to date...I'll rate it 5 to counter your 2 stars anonymous dickhead.

[quote name='Cheska19']Ooo! Can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Imma head out now to one a few miles away.

Apparently Dragon Age Ultimate Edition is $25.99 this week too.

Worth a look.

[quote name='Thongsy']I don't have a Kmart near me, would the Yakuza 4 deal be available online?[/QUOTE]

KMart removed the link to the game online...so no.

I can confirm the $14.99 price...trying to find one in their system.
Had to type in the UPC at the register...they may be hoarding them for the giveaway.

Edit - None on hand at my store. You can call and give them the above # to check stock at your local store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the only thing YMMV about this is whether your store has them in stock or not.

I'm submitting the price to Amazon.

That's a good deal. I'll just get this and wait for Y4 to get cheaper.

Just called 4 stores in my area and said they didn't have any. I don't wanna assume but I think some of them probably didn't know what I was talking about and just said they had none to get me off of the phone. I guess I'ma drive around Friday and see can I find the game myself. Lol. $15 is a really great price for that game. To me, it's worth all the hassle.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll get Yakuza 3 for $15 andl waits Yakuza 4 drop down $20 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

It might take a while for Yakuza 4 but thats my plan too.

[quote name='buckythekat']while I despise K-Mart this deal will get me to step foot in one of their stores for the first time since 2007[/QUOTE]

lol :D

They are getting fresh new stock to all stores the later half of the week. They are getting plenty to help with the yakuza 4 deal. Check the kmart thread for any questions on it

[quote name='ucantcme69']They are getting fresh new stock to all stores the later half of the week. They are getting plenty to help with the yakuza 4 deal. Check the kmart thread for any questions on it[/QUOTE]

There is no mention of the $14.99 price in that thread...

[quote name='Muthafodder']There is no mention of the $14.99 price in that thread...[/QUOTE]

I think it was brought up once or twice.

What he's talking about is the Buy Yakuza 4 get Yakuza 3 and 10$ in SYWR points... They're restocking Yakuza 3 at stores at the end of the week for that deal, which starts Tuesday(?) I believe.

[quote name='blindinglights']I think it was brought up once or twice.

What he's talking about is the Buy Yakuza 4 get Yakuza 3 and 10$ in SYWR points... They're restocking Yakuza 3 at stores at the end of the week for that deal, which starts Tuesday(?) I believe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we all know that deal...the $14.99 price hasn't been mentioned.

[quote name='blindinglights']...

lol?[/QUOTE]

Yes lol?

I was reiterating why I didn't see it.

A lot of us don't follow general discussion threads and SHC Gamer had not mentioned it...you'd think he would put it in the OP of his own thread.

I have Yakuza 2 but haven't played it. Would I be safe to just jump into 3 without playing 2? With 4 coming out I really want to get up to date fast.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I have Yakuza 2 but haven't played it. Would I be safe to just jump into 3 without playing 2? With 4 coming out I really want to get up to date fast.[/QUOTE]

At the start of Yakuxa 3, you have the option of watching a video recap of both Yakuza 1 and 2 to catch up on the story in those games to bring you up to speed for Yakuza 3

[quote name='K_G']At the start of Yakuxa 3, you have the option of watching a video recap of both Yakuza 1 and 2 to catch up on the story in those games to bring you up to speed for Yakuza 3[/QUOTE]

How long is the recap, or maybe a better question is how detailed is the recap?

Also, regarding the conversation with Muthafodder:

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, we all know that deal...the $14.99 price hasn't been mentioned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nietzsche74, From the Kmart Thread']I just picked up Yakuza 3 (PS3) for $15 at my local Kmart. I'm not entirely sure why this title is absent from the clearance list, but it's not a bad deal for those who aren't planning to get Yakuza 4; I'm even debating about starting my own topic for this.

I ran home as fast as I could just to tell you all about this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']That's $15...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blindinglights']lol?[/quote]

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yes lol?

I was reiterating why I didn't see it.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious :whistle2:k

[quote name='blindinglights']How long is the recap, or maybe a better question is how detailed is the recap?
[/QUOTE]

Not very. The game itself took about 12 hours to beat but the recap was only 10-15 minutes long as far as I remember. With that said, I thought Yakuza 2 had the worst story of the series. Yakuza 3 was much better.

Dang, nice find! I've always been curious about these games...seem Shen Mue like, I guess.

I doubt it'll be in stock though, but at least my K-Mart is right near me, so I don't mind so much checking in (as driving 20 miles out of my way for another store...)

I've put almost 60 hours into Yakuza 3 and really haven't touched some of the stuff in the game. This day and age, I'd say skip 1-2 and start on 3 as the old game mechanics and graphics are hard to overlook unless you get really into the story of Yakuza 3 and go back to play the previous ones.

Saying that, Yakuza 3 led me to purchase a PS2 and Yakuza as well as Yakuza 2.

[quote name='blindinglights']How long is the recap, or maybe a better question is how detailed is the recap? [/QUOTE]

This is part one of two parts of Yakuza 1 recap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZQsP2WaH8

If you look through this person's other videos, you'll find part two and Yakuza 2 story recap broken up into 3 parts.

Printed out a UPC that scanned $14.99, but my local was out. I'll check it out Friday in hopes of a restock.

This is a great game. I really enjoyed it. I watched both recaps before playing and I thought they did a good job of getting me up to speed with the story. This is the only Yakuza game I've played so I'm glad they included that. It's a shame about the cuts in the US release, but I really can't complain seeing as how the game is already very lengthy and packed with content. It could easily take someone over 100 hours to do everything.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up 1 copy for $16.13 after taxes still have 2 copies left at Kmart by 24 hwy (Independence, MO)[/QUOTE]
Is there still a Kmart on Noland? I haven't been home in forever...
When I saw you mention near 24H, I had to think a bit about where it was, but then I realized it's down near the caves.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Is there still a Kmart on Noland? I haven't been home in forever...
When I saw you mention near 24H, I had to think a bit about where it was, but then I realized it's down near the caves.[/QUOTE]
I was wondering where that was. I haven't been to the Space Center Underground in a long while.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, nice find! I've always been curious about these games...seem Shen Mue like, I guess.
[/QUOTE]

Yakuza may be semi Shenmue like but it's no where as good. Yet, Sega rather keep milking on this series rather than finish up the Shenmue saga. I guess the market is just more interested in gangsta theme games than a boy advenging his father's death in the 80s.

I think the Yakuza series is way better than the Shenmue games. I can't think of anything that the Shenmue games do better...unless you really love forklift racing or moving boxes.

[quote name='whoknows']I think the Yakuza series is way better than the Shenmue games. I can't think of anything that the Shenmue games do better...unless you really love forklift racing or moving boxes.[/QUOTE]

Graphics (DC/XBOX1 compares to PS2 Yakuza games of course), sound track (no argument there), art style (personal pref), theme (personal pref), more realistic story and gameplay were all better than Yakuza games. Yes, the moving boxes with folklift parts weren't that great (as a game player) but that's just a small portion of the game and is what it is, a boring part-time job for the kid to make money for boat ticket. That's not so wrong is it? When you were young, you probably worked in a boring job to make a few bucks too. In Shenmue, at least I can go about the towns with out being dragged into battles every city block for the entire game. I know you can run pass or dodge some of them but still... that's worse than Oakland/Richmond, CA. ;)

Do you like FPS/3rdPS games (COD, HALO, GEARS, etc), God of War, and Grand Theft Auto? Do you dislike Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, and Vanquish? Just want to know so I know which group you belong to.

bread's done
Back