FREE Avatar Stuff from Xbox Live Labs

jimrome27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Download Xbox LIVE Labs from the My Community tab on the Dashboard. It's a series of network tests that will unlock avatar items after a specified period of time has passed:

30 minutes = Lab Coat
1 hour = Brain Helmet
6 hours = Crazy Wig :D

available until March 27

22 Minutes left until the lab coat, Thanks! Also, Can i come back and do the rest later like if i keep it on for 3 hours then go back later for 3 more hours will it still give me the wig?

I am going it now but not sure if I want to leave my xbox on for 6 hours. Why cant it do it in the background when off like when our downloading.

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']did this while i went to sleep pretty gay avatar clothes but o well it was free lol..[/QUOTE]

Im sure you look cute in your new stuff Shirley;)

[quote name='COLDblood']Im sure you look cute in your new stuff Shirley;)[/QUOTE]

^^LMao yup i sure do and match it up with a Carrot Plush Prop cant get no better lol...

After the three season you can go back to normal activity with your 360 or do you have to wait until the testing is over?

After the 30 minutes, you can exit out & come back later for the 1 & 6 hour achievements.

Might want to make sure if you have a download limit on your ISP, as some people are saying there's large amounts of data being downloaded from Microsoft.

I never post, and I seldomly visit this board, but I thought I'd mention that they do not specify exactly how much data transfer is occurring.... Zonic505 has a very good point.

Basically, whatever they are testing that they require us to stay connected a manditory 30 minutes, it is free testing for them, wrapped up nicely in a little bow. Also, given that it does not run in the background is another context sensitive clue, I believe that it is a great deal of information.

tl;dr
I'd stay away from that 6 hour wig if I were you guys.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Is it a 6-hour total for the wig, or 6 hours in one shot[/QUOTE]6 hours total. You can do 3 hours 1 day, then 3 hours another day.

I am doing this tonight when I sleep...

Still looking for someone to put up the info on the Focus Rally texting contest for 400 MSP, so I don't have to do it!!!!

[quote name='georox']The real purpose behind this is for Microsoft to cause all old 360s to get the RROD so people have to buy slims.[/QUOTE]

This. Destroying robotic armor, confirmed.

I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here too.

If you want Xbox Live Labs but aren't in the US, the old downloading it on a US Gamertag trick won't quite work, as it doesn't show up in the Game Library, it launches from the Community tab.

What you want to do is download it on the US tag, sign into your real tag (UK in my case), go to Quick Launch and it's under Latest Downloads.

You can also boot it up on your US tag, sign out and sign in as your main tag, then run the tests. They'll show your US Avatar but will unlock on your main profile.

[quote name='Porksta']Anyone know how to access it? I downloaded it successfully, but have no idea how to boot it up.[/QUOTE]

go back to the community channel where u started the dl and it will boot automatically

[quote name='Exu']I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here too.

If you want Xbox Live Labs but aren't in the US, the old downloading it on a US Gamertag trick won't quite work, as it doesn't show up in the Game Library, it launches from the Community tab.

What you want to do is download it on the US tag, sign into your real tag (UK in my case), go to Quick Launch and it's under Latest Downloads.

You can also boot it up on your US tag, sign out and sign in as your main tag, then run the tests. They'll show your US Avatar but will unlock on your main profile.[/QUOTE]
thx hope it works

[quote name='protoman385']I never post, and I seldomly visit this board, but I thought I'd mention that they do not specify exactly how much data transfer is occurring.... Zonic505 has a very good point.

Basically, whatever they are testing that they require us to stay connected a manditory 30 minutes, it is free testing for them, wrapped up nicely in a little bow. Also, given that it does not run in the background is another context sensitive clue, I believe that it is a great deal of information.

tl;dr
I'd stay away from that 6 hour wig if I were you guys.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure how that would work as people's connections aren't exactly uniform in speed. And since it's time-based and not data-based, I'm going to assume that you could just set a bandwidth limit on your router, set it to a very slow speed, and still get the 6 hour achievement. But I don't know. I never bought the stupidly overpriced 360 router; I just bridged my 360 to my laptop connection and can control the speed directly from my laptop.

just completed 6 hours sucks that you cant wear all 3 pieces at the same time i am wearing the helmet and coat i wanted to wear the hair but it wont let me ehhhh

Doesn't seem to take much of a hit to the bandwidth. I went into it having 20 GB of 250GB used for the month, and I came out, and it was up to a whopping 21 gb. So, yeah...1 gb of bandwidth ain't much, but I will check again later on today to see if perhaps they didn't update the bandwidth bar.

The amount of data transferred is determined by the time. So people with higher speeds will use up more bandwidth than ones with lower speeds in the same amount of time.

I ran the 30 minute test this morning, got my stuff and then quit. I come back to run the 1 hour test and now it is starting over with the 30 minute one. Is there a certain way to run these?

I have done all 6 hours last night got the achievements and the avatar gear, AND I'M IN ENGLAND. To do it if your outside of the US follow these simple instructions-

download it with an US-account, go back to your main account, then:
* Guide Button
* Left to Games part
* Quick Launch
* Right to Latest Downloads
* And there you will see it
* A to launch

if you don't have a US account go here- http://www.passport.com/

when setting up the account say you live in the US. you will need valid US zip and phone number to create account. Example-----

United States
Postal Code: 10012
State: New York, City New York City
Phone Number: 1-866-530-1234

Any questions feel free to ask or PM me

bread's done
Back