eastasiasoft, Hong Kong-based publisher of interactive entertainment and developer SideQuest Studios, today announced their latest project Rainbow Moon, a strategic RPG game, currently in development for the PlayStation®3 system.
"Following our recent success, we are very excited to introduce a brand new IP," said Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios. "With Rainbow Moon, we are continuing our principle of combining beautiful high-definition visuals with a deep focus on detail and gameplay. We are once again putting our heart and soul into this project to deliver another fantastic and unique addition to the PlayStation®Network."
Rainbow Moon key features (subject to change until the date of the game's release):
Rainbow Moon is anticipated to launch in the fourth quarter of 2011. More details will soon be released.
- Complex story mode with about 25 hours of gameplay, extended to more than 100 hours when including all side quests, missions and full character development.
- Isometric open world to explore with more than 15 different terrains, such as mountains, snow, desert, grassland, savanna, mud and others.
- Sophisticated grid turn-based combat system, featuring a large range of combat and skill commands as well as special attacks and effects.
- Unique action and puzzle elements in a variety of over 20 challenging dungeons and 50 quests.
- Six playable main characters with upgradable weapons, armors and accessories, allowing hundreds of gear combinations.
- Detailed online stats tracking each gamer's progress.
- Technically perfected game engine, constantly running smoothly at 60 fps with close to no loading times.
- Thirty dedicated background music tracks.
Also wrote a quick news article about it with some artwork if you want to see how some of the characters, monsters, and buildings look compared to the Soldner-X art style.