NewEgg 72 Hour (3/11/11) sale. L.A. Noire ($50), Mortal Kombat ($50), & More

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Granted, you're not getting preorder bonuses but the lower price might be worth it. Other products here.

L.A. Noire Xbox 360 Game ROCKSTAR - Your Price: $49.99
With Promo Code EMCKGJJ46

L.A. Noire Playstation3 Game ROCKSTAR
$59.99
Your Price: $49.99
With Promo Code
EMCKGJJ47

Motorstorm: Apocalypse Playstation3 Game SONY
$59.99
With Promo Code
EMCKGJJ48

SOCOM 4 Playstation3 Game SONY
$59.99
With Promo Code
EMCKGJJ49

MIDWAY

Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Game MIDWAY
$59.99
With Promo Code
EMCKGJJ52

Mortal Kombat Playstation3 Game Warner Bros. Studios
$59.99
With Promo Code
EMCKGJJ53

Thanks OP, went on to preorder Motor Storm. Cheapest I've seen so far except for that Amazon deal where you can get $10 credit.

I love Motorstorm but i'm definitely waiting for the price drop. I bought Pacific Rift day 1 and 2 months later Amazon had it for $29.99 DOTD and Target had them on clearance for $14.98 a month after that...ouch :lol:

Did anyone get in on the gohastings 29.99 fiasco? I can't believe they actually let us all keep them for that. I think homefront was 29.99 as well.

I got in on the GoHastings deal. I am also shocked they let us keep it. I would normally complain that I ordered it from a place that doesn't have pre-order dlc, but I paid half the price, so I am fine with that, heh.

But this is a good deal if you didn't get in on that. This game looks so amazing, and is definitely my most anticipated game of the year as of right now.

[quote name='Fearia']After my experience with pre-ordering at Newegg, saving $10 is just not worth it. Yuck.[/QUOTE]

What went wrong? I've never had a prob pre-ordering from them.. I just got my copy of MLB 11 yesterday that I pre-ordered weeks prior

[quote name='mr_bungle']Did anyone get in on the gohastings 29.99 fiasco? I can't believe they actually let us all keep them for that. I think homefront was 29.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Yep I did :) I'm not sure if Homefront was $30? I'm pretty sure Tron was

[quote name='Fearia']After my experience with pre-ordering at Newegg, saving $10 is just not worth it. Yuck.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I jumped on the MLB 11 preorder for $49.99 and they canceled my order on release day due to insufficient inventory. Mind you, they had already charged me. So I had to have a lively chat session with customer service explaining that I lost out on the $10 off and free UPS 3 day shipping due to their error (MLB 11 showed In Stock on their website the entire time) before customer service finally conceded to match the canceled order. Even then, I had to reorder at $65 and have a $15 refund processed later.

So, yeah, they'd have to give me like $20 off to preorder from them again. I've been a long time customer and I'll continue to buy if they have the best price, but their customer service sucks (they aren't empowered to do anything, really). Amazon would've given me like an extra $10 off if they screwed up this royally.

That's probably the distributor's fault more than newegg. I'm sure they expected the amount of inventory they sold but just didn't get as much as they thought they did. They also got screwed over with the Dragon Age 2 Signature edition apparently.

I have no probs with newegg. I understand you guys had issues but the odds of that happening again is probably slim

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's probably the distributor's fault more than newegg. I'm sure they expected the amount of inventory they sold but just didn't get as much as they thought they did. They also got screwed over with the Dragon Age 2 Signature edition apparently.

I have no probs with newegg. I understand you guys had issues but the odds of that happening again is probably slim[/QUOTE]
Why would it be a distributor issue? I got the cancellation email, got on the horn with them within an hour or two later, and then I reordered the same item immediately that was supposedly unavailable. It shipped out that same day. They simply screwed up.

I've had other successful preorders from them in the past and can understand a mistake. But when I have to convince their customer service to help me, I'm going to avoid that possibility in the future.

[quote name='Lucian']Why would it be a distributor issue? I got the cancellation email, got on the horn with them within an hour or two later, and then I reordered the same item immediately that was supposedly unavailable. It shipped out that same day. They simply screwed up.

I've had other successful preorders from them in the past and can understand a mistake. But when I have to convince their customer service to help me, I'm going to avoid that possibility in the future.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, I didn't notice that you were able to re-order. I guess I can understand your frustration.

bread's done
Back