Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/13/11 to 3/19/11)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#91 tahgir

tahgir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:39 PM

anyone know if best buy will match the pokemon deal?
"We put the Bagoo in you!":applause:

#92 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

Would a careless CSR allow a PM to a store that has a cheaper MW2 and still comp out the free game?

Edit: Change dumb CSR to careless

#93 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

D'oh. I stopped by Target only to find nothing that hasn't been mentioned here. I did manage to pick up light bulbs on clearance.

#94 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

That Homefront deal is unbeatable! Free $19.99 guide plus the gift card, which you can turn around and use on the DS games. I'll take a trip there on Wednesday fo'shiz.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#95 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Would a careless CSR allow a PM to a store that has a cheaper MW2 and still comp out the free game?

Edit: Change dumb CSR to careless

Target only does a price match if it's in a competitor's ad, so if it's not in an ad, pretty sure it won't fly. I do know it's supposed to be an exact match as well (as far as from the competitor goes). Whether you can combine the free game or not after the price match I'm not sure on. Never did a price match myself (very limited GS experience), but if it allows you to ring up other items on that screen, I don't see why it wouldn't let you.

correx: Bulletstorm Epic Edition is for X360 only, PS3 has Bulletstorm Limited Edition

Fixed that.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#96 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

"Buy a Wii system for $199.99, and Super Mario All-Stars for $29.99, get a Nyko wand for free."

I don't even know what a Nyko wand is, but with all the $179 Wii deals this week, that offer sounds Wii(k).

#97 maskedgringo88

maskedgringo88

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

i went to the store and the list are the only games toward the deal no extras

Edited by maskedgringo88, 13 March 2011 - 08:14 PM.
wrong

#98 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

Nice DS deal. Will pick up Black & DQ: VI

Well crap, that isn't too bad!

I've been wanting to play Pokemon W/B since launch; but I don't have a DS. But I think I'm gonna pick one up this week, so.... any suggestions on what the *best* $10 game is? I'm leaning toward Spirit Tracks or DQ6. Any thoughts?

I'd get DQ6, unless you really like Zelda, then get spirit tracks.

#99 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the list JStryke.

Added to OP.

#100 GnarKills

GnarKills

KC Chiefs!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'm def getting kirby...anyone have a preference over goldeneye or metroid?

#101 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:43 PM

anyone know if best buy will match the pokemon deal?

Doubt it YMMV

the giftcard offers however can be so glad I pre-ordered homefront now I get game for $45, headset or $30 equal value & the $10 pre-order bonus.

#102 AXV1

AXV1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Picked up Toy Story 3 using the $5 from getting Pokemon, so it all works out.

Now Playing:

:ps3: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix // Grand Theft Auto V

:ps4: Killzone Shadow Fall

#103 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

I'm def getting kirby...anyone have a preference over goldeneye or metroid?

goldeneye for the online easily
Posted Image

#104 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

Got my $8 back no problem. Brought in last weeks receipt and the game and the guy just price adjusted for me.
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#105 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

goldeneye for the online easily

I actually passed on Goldeneye because I was afraid it used that stupid friend code system. If it doesn't (and the online community is active) I may end up getting it yet since there's at least one or two more games I probably wouldn't mind getting from these sale.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#106 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Grabbed YDKJ today - missed out on it last week on sale at Gamestop. I'm hoping it will be a good hang out on the couch game with the wife.

#107 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:03 PM

Doubt it YMMV

the giftcard offers however can be so glad I pre-ordered homefront now I get game for $45, headset or $30 equal value & the $10 pre-order bonus.

I do have a BB $10 coupon I gotta use..I might try it just to see if it might work.

#108 A_Dang

A_Dang

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

Picked up Toy Story 3 today. I had 15 in rz certificates, then $7 on a gift card. so the it was free!

#109 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

I actually passed on Goldeneye because I was afraid it used that stupid friend code system. If it doesn't (and the online community is active) I may end up getting it yet since there's at least one or two more games I probably wouldn't mind getting from these sale.

If not for the friend code system at least get it for the single player. It's pretty damn good in my opinion. On the list the first Target I visited must be pretty limited because I didn't see Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at all, maybe I should check out the other store.

Edited by FireWarrior, 14 March 2011 - 02:21 AM.

#110 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:48 AM

I wanted Toy Story 3 at $39.99 but passed as kids games usually drop like a rock. $19.99 is a sweet enough spot, but to get it for PS3 or for 360? Hmm, that is the question....

PS3 of course! More content.

#111 kraftmacandcheese911

kraftmacandcheese911

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

Picked up toy story 3 and toy story mania all for 27.99 bucks

#112 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:30 AM

I've got a $20 Target gift card that I've been holding on to and I thought about doing Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm on the 360, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Had Dragon Age 2 been included in the sale, I'd have dumped Bulletstorm for it and be playing one or the other by now. I know I want Dead Space 2, but I'm still not entirely sold on Bulletstorm after the demo. Hmmmmmm
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.

#113 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:40 AM

Ok, so does anyone know if the Homefront headset promotion is still valid? If I were to go into the store today and reserve it would I still be able to get it? Then I could pick it up on Wednesday and use the 10% Reward Zone coupon for 10% off plus would I still get the $10 gift card?

#114 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

Bought Pokemon White and Dragon Quest VI at TRU at Time Square for 48.XX.

#115 DoctorArch

DoctorArch

Curmudgeon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

Ugh, if only Amazon would pricematch (I have credit there).

Guess I'm going over to Toys R Us this week.
Thank you CAG, for making grad school more enjoyable (and cheap).

#116 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

Amazon have matched Toy Story 3 for $19.99

http://www.amazon.co...00120598&sr=1-1

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#117 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

I've played Toy Story for both the :ps3: and :360: and they're both fun, but yeah, if you can, get it for the :ps3: for the option to play as Zurg and the mini-PS Move games you can play (which I haven't tried out yet).

:beer:

#118 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

Lol yea I know they never seem to pricematch at the right time. Probably all attempts to be more competitive than the next guy

Did both of you e-mail Amazon? It amazes me how many of these "I hope Amazon pms this X deal..." and yet so few take a minute to go on Amazon, click on the item and enter in the info where it says...
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

It does work if more than a handful bring competitor deals to their attention...

#119 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

That Homefront deal is unbeatable! Free $19.99 guide plus the gift card, which you can turn around and use on the DS games. I'll take a trip there on Wednesday fo'shiz.

I'd rather have the $20 free PSN/XBLA card & $10 in rewards points KMart is offering, but it's still a good deal by TRU. Just don't see the point of a strategy guide for a FPS unless it's like the Killzone 3 guide that gives you free unlock points for the MP and covers both the single and multiplayer. Especially considering Homefront's SP is only about 5 hours long.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#120 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

Sweet. I can get Black for my girlfriend, and DQ for me.