CAG Fundraiser for Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief - $24,000+ Raised!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm sure you don't need to be told any more about the absolute devastation that has befallen the north coast of Japan. Cheap Ass Gamer will be matching donations up to $10,000 for those who donate to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund through our community fundraiser. Please donate through the link below or through the widgets seen around CAG.

iconcag.gif
CAGs for GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund

[globalgiving]4900[/globalgiving]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, nice profile pic Cheapy.

In all seriousness, thanks for setting this up. When is the deadline for those of us getting paid Friday or next week?

[quote name='QiG']Haha, nice profile pic Cheapy.

In all seriousness, thanks for setting this up. When is the deadline for those of us getting paid Friday or next week?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. You have plenty of time.

So is Japan accepting money or something now? I thought they said they didn't want help, then again that news was from like three days ago.

[quote name='Microshock']So is Japan accepting money or something now? I thought they said they didn't want help, then again that news was from like three days ago.[/QUOTE]

What news have you been watching? (probably Fox News)

They've been asking for help like everyday, just not with the nuclear situation, but as of recently, they have actively been seeking help with their nuclear reactors now, since it is starting to turn grim.

But they have indeed been asking for help, but to be honest, who wouldn't in their situation?

[quote name='Squarehard']

But they have indeed been asking for help, but to be honest, who wouldn't in their situation?[/QUOTE]

India.

My prayers go out to Japan. From what I'm hearing it seems like the workers in the nuclear reactor are being pulled out and it's been left up to hope now. Donating now.

Awesome post, Cheapy. Donated all I could. My heart goes out to those in Japan.

Is there a way to put the Widget in our forum signatures?

Has the disaster impacted you directly Cheapy? I don't know how widespread it is but living there I can't imagine it hasn't impacted you in some significant way. I was worried for your family's safety when I heard about it. I hope you and yours are as safe as you can be.

I completely didn't notice that CAG would be matching up to $10,000 until I was checking twitter laying in bed...

God bless you cheapy

Cheapy you (and all the CAGs who are donating) rock! This type of generosity is why cheapassgamer is one of the only websites disabled from my adblocker and why I'm happy to click through your links before shopping online!

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm sure you don't need to be told any more about the absolute devastation that has befallen the north coast of Japan. Cheap Ass Gamer will be matching donations up to $10,000 for those who donate to GlobalGiving's Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund through our community fundraiser. Please donate through the link below or through the widgets seen around CAG.

[globalgiving]4900[/globalgiving][/QUOTE]

I came here for this very reason. I read some of your twitter posts about reading the fine print for some charities. Glad to see you set this up.

As a freelance employee it's hard to tell when I'll be getting a check but that isn't going to stop me from contributing to help. This could of happened to my family. It'd could of been me wondering if they were okay, if they had food, water, or shelter, if help was on the way. Money is the least I can do. Just wish I could be there to help some how. Have hope Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ElektroDragon']I just donated. Please match the $25.[/QUOTE]Don't worry. I'll be matching the grand total of donations in 2 weeks or so, or earlier if we hit the $10k before then.

Just donated. Thanks for matching Cheapy. Makes me proud to be a part of such a selfless community.

Yo Cheapy,
For real, get the fock out of Japan. The government is lying! That reactor is in a meltdown. You want to be out of there now, not when everyone else realizes the shit is hitting the fan. Good luck and be safe.

Donated. I was going to donate to the red cross but i could'nt find the donation box @ The Seattle Sounders Opener tonight. This is even better because some of it is being matched!

[quote name='rogueweapon']Yo Cheapy,
For real, get the fock out of Japan. The government is lying! That reactor is in a meltdown. You want to be out of there now, not when everyone else realizes the shit is hitting the fan. Good luck and be safe.[/QUOTE]

QFT!! Donated to the save Cheapy fund

DOH! You just said last night you weren't going to be doing this... Oh well, can't let a CAG fund go without chipping in so looks like I'll be sending more money to Japan.

Nice job Cheapy,

I was planning to donate somewhere and since you are going to match this is a great place to drop my donation.

[quote name='rogueweapon']Yo Cheapy,
For real, get the fock out of Japan. The government is lying! That reactor is in a meltdown. You want to be out of there now, not when everyone else realizes the shit is hitting the fan. Good luck and be safe.[/QUOTE]

I am sure he is more aware than us of what is going on locally, how it effects him and what he needs to do for his family.

[quote name='Squarehard']What news have you been watching? (probably Fox News)
[/QUOTE]

Don't get your politics involved in this. Fox News has been pointing people to the American Red Cross and other orgs to donate just like everyone else. Their coverage has been excellent.

This crosses political boundaries. I know that both ultra liberal progressives and tea party conservatives and libertarians, they are ALL donating to this cause.

Cheapy, I'm a community member at Destructoid, so I read Dale North's post about how you took him in when the disaster hit. He had food, a bed, and an internet connection to let his loved ones know he was okay. It was a lot more than so many others had. I can't express my gratitude enough, but I will happily donate what I can.

I hope those affected can rebuild their lives and find happiness again.

bread's done
Back