Cheap Component GC cables?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

just got an hdtv recently and don't have rca hookups on it. Looked up online and mt gamecube has the component output that some do. BUT, Holy shit cakes, I looked up on ebay, these component cables are going for roughly 80 bucks...

so does anybody know a cheap alternative or anything? Thanks.

#2 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

Not a whole lot you can do, third parties never made a version of the cable due to how it was made so the Nintendo cable is it and like you say the price for that can get up there.

#3 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

lame cakes :(

#4 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Easier said then done now, I know most of the gamestops around here barely have any cube games much less accessories.

#5 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, I got super-lucky and managed to pull four sets of component cables from GameStops that way (along with the set I ordered from Nintendo at full price).

It's been awhile since I've managed to grab a pair this way though...
http://www.gamestop....able-used/32149
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#6 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:05 AM

i checked the gamestop site and put in my zip code, the closest one that has it in stock is in san diego, about an hour and a half away. might as well just buy them on ebay haha. but oh well!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#7 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:09 AM

I usually throw in a few ZIP codes along the way when I'm taking a trip somewhere, if I'm going to have the time to make a stop or two. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#8 pjarvi

pjarvi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

For the price of the Gamecube component cables you might as well just get a used Wii if you don't already have one.

#9 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

For the price of the Gamecube component cables you might as well just get a used Wii if you don't already have one.

Almost... The only downside is if you want to play Game Boy Games via Game Boy Player, Broadband games (Mario Kart: Double Dash for the win!), use the Action Replay/Freeloader (although I assume there's a homebrew method for playing imported GCN games on the Wii...)

#10 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

true....but for some crackhead reason I never considered a wii lol. Yeah if the cables are like 80+ from what I see, might as well get a wii when it drops to 150.

#11 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

I have 3 extra sets laying around. I picked these 3 (used) genuine Nintendo GameCube component cables up from a GameStop in Santa Cruz a few years ago for $4.99 when they were moving the previous gen stuff out.

I know this isn't the trading thread, but if you want to work out a trade, shoot me a PM.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.