NBA Jam - $30 PS3/X360

It's a fun game. I got it for 20 dollars. It's about worth that.

30's a bit too much, because though it is fun, there's not much to it.

[quote name='retrad']still 15$ more than I would like to pay for it.

its a xbla/psn game posing as retail.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel.

[quote name='drawingboard']Anyone know if there will ever be roster updates for this game?[/QUOTE]

Side note: Holy humongous sigs, Batman!

$20 or less is the price for this game. It's a great updated version of the old one but I'm not having too much fun with it. This game is pretty easy if you pass as soon as you touch the ball and go for alley oops. Then on D, anticipate where the AI is going and steal it. Works too often.

[quote name='drawingboard']Anyone know if there will ever be roster updates for this game?[/QUOTE]

what is that picture of.. from a movie? just curious

oh, 30 is more than i would want to spend.. I got mine for the 25 giftcard, and paid for it w/ a gc.. But 20 seems good.. It is more than the 'just' a downloadable arcade game... But again, there isn't much to it.

I can't believe this game has held value as long as it has...like they're purposely trying to rip people off for as long as possible.

This is a $10 game for me or forget it.

They had it for $17 after tax on EA Flash Deals the other day.

The game is a lot more fun when you figure out tactics to get by the rubber band AI that someone mentioned. Yes, it is ridiculous, but I've now managed to beat all the retarded boss battles.

The rosters are so outdated now it's ridiculous. The game is fun but I probably won't play it much ever again after 1000/1000g-ing it. Nearly every team's roster has at least one former player on it now.

This thread is full of a bunch of people that are expecting a serious sports game out of a sports game that has been made famous on being anything but serious.

In for one.

just like in the original, there will be NO updates for it.

Not sure how I feel... just picked this up a few months ago and am now getting to playing it.

I would say 30 dollars, factor in 15 for some beers or a bottle of your favorite liqour, and you have yourself an awesome Friday night drinking game with buddies for under 50 bucks.

The roster update requests are pretty comical. It's an over the top arcade game. It's fun, especially with friends. Still, I agree it should have been a $15 download title. I paid $21 (EA Flash Deal) for it and it's basically worth that, but a $15 download would have been preferable.

I was so excited to play this and I got one for eaflashdeals for $20 last month I believe...imo its not even worth that...the controls suck...there's only one shoot button and whenevr I want the guy to dunk he jumps and shoots instead (even while directly under the hoop) and vice versa..I played it the day I got it and now its collecting dust...

You guys crack me up about the rubberband AI.

I am a previous owner of the actual upright arcade game and let me tell you, allowing ANYONE to win ANYTIME is what this game is about. Dont get me wrong, 2 vs. 2 on the arcade version and if one team is horrible, the AI wont help them much but it's still an awesome game nevertheless.

The ability of the computer team to come back and either make it close or win the game would drive me nuts back in the day. I would still come back for more however.

I haven't played this version yet however im probably bandwagon as well, $20 or less pricepoint.

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']I was so excited to play this and I got one for eaflashdeals for $20 last month I believe...imo its not even worth that...the controls suck...there's only one shoot button and whenevr I want the guy to dunk he jumps and shoots instead (even while directly under the hoop) and vice versa..I played it the day I got it and now its collecting dust...[/QUOTE]

Unless you mean you want the stick, how many basketball games have multiple shoot buttons? Also, lay off the turbo button. Run towards the rim with turbo, and you'll dunk.

If you honestly hate it that much, PM me and let's make a deal. I'd love to take it off your hands. I've played this a bunch of times at a friend's, and it's just like the old game. I missed both Flash Deals, and have been waiting anxiously for Amazon to drop to 20, or even 25.

This game is extremely fun.
I agree the price should be around $18, allowing the range from $15 to $20, but it's a great multiplayer game.
As it does not have any roaster updates, I doubt this price will stay for long. If you do not need this game right now, I suggest you to wait for it to drop.
If you want this game and you are sure you are going to play it, get this game for around $23. It's a great casual sports game to have mindless fun.

bread's done
Back