Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/20/11 to 3/26/11)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#31 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

so its too late to get the 500 points for pre order? here is the offer, which seems to be dated wrong, since I thought it came out the 22.

500 Bonus Points with Crysis 2 Pre-Order/Purchase
For a limited time, earn 500 bonus points -- a $10 value -- as a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member with the pre-order and purchase of Crysis 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360.
Offer expires: 03/26/2011
.gcElement { float: left; width: 105px; margin-right: 20px; }.gcElement .prodimage { padding-bottom: 5px; display: table-cell; height: 140px; vertical-align: bottom; } Planet Earth is in ruins and now the aliens have returned to hit humanity where it hurts: New York City. In Crysis 2, you will be outfitted with the combat-enhancing Nanosuit 2, allowing you to absorb devastating blows and delve into a flood of creatures not from this world.
Can you survive the Crysis and prevent human extinction?
Here?s your chance to find out, and earn 500 bonus points now, by pre-ordering and purchasing this game as a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club member.
Simply:

• Pre-order Crysis 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360 anytime between now and 3/10/11.
  • Purchase the game online or in store from 3/11/11–3/15/11.

#32 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:00 PM

I think the fact that they price match kmart makes BB feel their less of a threat. I wouldn't be surprised if they start match amazon/newegg or offering deals that come via twitter or hopefully CAG. There's a BB rep here now but there's yet to be a concrete decision on making a official BB thread, if they were to do this once they see how aggressive the competition is it'll result in better prices for us.

It's okay to reveal yourself as The bb employee/ rep, Clark Kent.

#33 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

so its too late to get the 500 points for pre order? here is the offer, which seems to be dated wrong, since I thought it came out the 22.

For a limited time, earn 500 bonus points -- a $10 value -- as a Reward Zone® Gamers Club member with the pre-order and purchase of Crysis 2 for PC, PS3 or Xbox 360.
.gcElement { float: left; width: 105px; margin-right: 20px; }.gcElement .prodimage { padding-bottom: 5px; display: table-cell; height: 140px; vertical-align: bottom; } Planet Earth is in ruins and now the aliens have returned to hit humanity where it hurts: New York City. In Crysis 2, you will be outfitted with the combat-enhancing Nanosuit 2, allowing you to absorb devastating blows and delve into a flood of creatures not from this world.
Can you survive the Crysis and prevent human extinction?
Here?s your chance to find out, and earn 500 bonus points now, by pre-ordering and purchasing this game as a Reward Zone® program Gamers Club member.
Simply:

I just shot an email to RZ to see if I could get an answer about this.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#34 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

I just shot an email to RZ to see if I could get an answer about this.

Keep us updated.

I wasn't going to get Crysis 2, but if I can get a nice deal on it I will go pre order today.

seanr1221.png

#35 zsciaeount

zsciaeount

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Here's why,

Go to BestBuy to buy something that a store clerk needs to bring out.

Wait literally an hour before they actually get to you then and 5 mins for them to bring out your item...

Wait another 20 mins waiting in a line to check out...

and by the time you walk out you realize what a hassle and waste of time it is to go shopping in stores.

BestBuy has terrible customer service too, I've had assholes tell me I'm wrong when it came to specific deals, only to go through checkout, comeback to the asshole who wouldn't help and tell them what morons they're for not doing their job by reading up on their own deals.

I hear you. I have sworn off of BBY, especially when it comes to games. I have had them botch nearly every pre-order and in-store pickup over the past year... sent home empty-handed after confirmed pre-orders for Mass Effect 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Halo Reach, Black Ops, God of War 3... I stuck with them because of Gamers' Club, but now that Kmart and Amazon are stepping up the deals, I don't have to.

BBY's customer service is in the toilet. I think that as they've grown and as competitors like CC have closed their doors, they think that they don't have to put as much focus on customer satisfaction. But, when it comes to this customer, my experiences have taken me from a 2-3x a week shopper to 0 times in the past 2 months.

#36 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

of course, especially with EA rpg games, its always a better deal to wait for the complete package, but can you really wait another year for the complete release?

Ask not if you can wait, ask if you have a backlog that is taller than you. =)

That and this game (PC) at least, needs a fairly modern rig to make it look better than console. But on the other hand, people are ALREADY releasing PC mods. =)

#37 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Crysis 2 comes w/500 bonus points($10) for pre-ordering already so w/the giftcard it's basically $40 and DA2 didn't come with anything on release so I'm in.
Crysis 2 & DA2 for $80($74 w/coupon) plus rz points

Use this RZ 10% coupon save at least another $6 not sure if 10% would come off DA2.
link:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=289516

hmm, guess the BB gaming rep wasn't BSing when he told me to expect much more agressive gaming deals soon.

Yeah actually its $100 + tax, then you get $20 in reward zone certificates in a few months. 10% off would make it $90 + tax.

Crysis 2 doesn't seem worth buying at launch though, game seems like a massive flop.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Yeah actually its $100 + tax, then you get $20 in reward zone certificates in a few months. 10% off would make it $90 + tax.

Crysis 2 doesn't seem worth buying at launch though, game seems like a massive flop.

Thank you. My biggest pet peeve is people who deduct future discounts from their total price.

seanr1221.png

#39 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

I was going to get the 12 month at Best Buy next week,but I see Amazon already has it for $39.99.

#40 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

it's not $20 in RZ certs it's $10 & a $10 gift card on the spot, I live 45 min from tax free DE so tax isn't a given. $59.99-10% = $54 + $39.99 = $93.99 (+ tax maybe)

seanr1221
when it comes to $ I always think big picture but you do what works for you.

Keenan Ivory Wayans-Most Wanted
"Sometimes I plan $hit"

Edited by Enuf, 13 March 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#41 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:57 PM

Thinking big picture would involve doing the math the correct way.

If you have 100.00 in your account, you will have 0.00 after you buy the games, in DE, assuming there is no coupon.

You will then have a total of 20.00 to spend at best buy later. There's really no other way to think about it.

#42 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

The key word in post #2 was "basically" meaning I already new the total out of pocket $. I'm looking at total value in the purchase which means I deduct everything to see what I get at the end. So by deducting the $20 from the total purchase I see this as a great value deal. It works for me if it doesn't work for you ok. Use your method it cost nothing to pay me no mind.

Anyway, on topic
Is $94 plus a $10 giftcard & $10 in RZ points a good deal for crysis 2 & DA2 or not? That's the bottom line right?

#43 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

is buying a vanilla DA2 worth it? i mean the sig edition came with tons of stuff, and soon there will be more DLC, and an ultimate edition is bound to arrive with over $60 in DLC, isnt it just better to wait?

Me personally I'd wait. I bought the first DA: O at launch and it ended up on my backlog for quite some time. Just when I started playing it is when they announced the Ultimate Edition so I will wait until the DA2 Ultimate Edition arrives.

#44 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:33 AM

is buying a vanilla DA2 worth it? i mean the sig edition came with tons of stuff, and soon there will be more DLC, and an ultimate edition is bound to arrive with over $60 in DLC, isnt it just better to wait?

If you don't mind waiting a year or so to play it. If you want to play it now I'd say go for it.

If you plan to buy it and play it down the line then no. Why would you buy a game when you have other stuff you're playing instead?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#45 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

I think the fact that they price match kmart makes BB feel their less of a threat. I wouldn't be surprised if they start match amazon/newegg or offering deals that come via twitter or hopefully CAG. There's a BB rep here now but there's yet to be a concrete decision on making a official BB thread, if they were to do this once they see how aggressive the competition is it'll result in better prices for us.

Most of these deals involve non-advertised coupons/rewards cards. BB does not match those unless a manager is feeling generous.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#46 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:30 AM

What are the chances of me being able to get a price match on the TRU Pokemon White/Black deal?

Oh and I totally agree with how some BB employees can be very annoying, there's one BB that's about 30 minutes away and about the handful of times I've walked into this store the employees literally bombard you with questions or stare at you until you pick something up. I just want to see if you have a game in stock, purchase it, and walk out. If I want to ask questions then I'll ask, otherwise, go away.

Edited by joeshmoe, 14 March 2011 - 01:44 AM.

#47 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:05 AM

So, do we still get the 500 points or what? If this is still good, I think it's a better deal than K-mart. The 10% coupon + $10 GC +$10 future coupon, win win. I probably get DS2 instead of DA2, since DS2 is the limited edtion, I probably redeem the code for Extraction and then sell DS2 as used...

#48 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:22 AM

Why would you buy a game when you have other stuff you're playing instead?

because its a sale and i have about 80 in BB certs to use by june...

#49 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:25 AM

So, do we still get the 500 points or what? If this is still good, I think it's a better deal than K-mart. The 10% coupon + $10 GC +$10 future coupon, win win. I probably get DS2 instead of DA2, since DS2 is the limited edtion, I probably redeem the code for Extraction and then sell DS2 as used...

You'll be fine they just got the release date messed up when you pre-order at the kiosk the 500 bonus point offer will print right on the pre-order slip.

#50 nuuuuj

nuuuuj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

You'll be fine they just got the release date messed up when you pre-order at the kiosk the 500 bonus point offer will print right on the pre-order slip.

Where are these in-store kiosks typically located? I havent seen any in the stores I shop at, but I'm not even sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Also, you mentioned that the kiosks slips show the 500 bonus points offer on them. Is this also true for in-store pre-orders that are done at the register or Customer Service? I'm looking at my pre-order receipt for Pokemon Black, and I dont see anything listed about the bonus points.

Edited by nuuuuj, 14 March 2011 - 03:32 PM.

Posted Image

#51 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Cool, thanks.

#52 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Is there a chance the 10% off coupon might work with the Crysis 2 Gift Card deal? O_o

Just curious, i had it work with a sale once, and got denied on another.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 karatebear

karatebear

I'll Take The Deal!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:38 PM

In the fine text for the 10% off coupon it says "Not valid with any other coupons or offers" so it's a bit of a crapshoot. It might just come down to how the cashier is feeling at the moment you go for the purchase.

#54 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Where are these in-store kiosks typically located? I havent seen any in the stores I shop at, but I'm not even sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Also, you mentioned that the kiosks slips show the 500 bonus points offer on them. Is this also true for in-store pre-orders that are done at the register or Customer Service? I'm looking at my pre-order receipt for Pokemon Black, and I dont see anything listed about the bonus points.

The kiosks are usually a endcap located in the rear of the store. On one of the last 2 or 3 isles in the vg section. The pre-order slips that printout are longer than normal purchase receipts. My local BB doesn't do pre-orders at CS b/c the pre-order slip scans at the cash register.

I just pre-ordered crysis 2 on the pre-order slip it it says
"reward zone gamer's club members who pre-order will recieve 500 bonus points-a $10 value." The correct dates for the pre-order and release dates are on the slip too.

#55 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

best buy is starting to lose to Kmart Amazon, its obvious.

I agree.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#56 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

This must be 4 months straight without a real deal.
Must be some sort of B&M record, right?
Posted Image

#57 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

Extraction comes on the disc. No code. Only code it will have is the Online Pass.

#58 Red Hammer

Red Hammer

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

Just an fyi, the wireless headset for the Xbox 360 is $29.99 at Walmart.com just now, with free ship to store. Just ordered one for the kid.

#59 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

I really hope crysis 2 for PS3 turns out ok, I'll get that and Dragon Age 2. Sucks that Killzone 3 isnt on there, I guess they wanted it to be multiplat

#60 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I really hope crysis 2 for PS3 turns out ok, I'll get that and Dragon Age 2. Sucks that Killzone 3 isnt on there, I guess they wanted it to be multiplat

I was hoping for Killzone 3 as well, but I think it applies to certain multiplat EA games only. I am going to trade in Halo reach and AC:brotherhood for $50.00 gc and put it towards this.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake