Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/20/11 to 3/26/11)

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

I really hope crysis 2 for PS3 turns out ok, I'll get that and Dragon Age 2. Sucks that Killzone 3 isnt on there, I guess they wanted it to be multiplat

I expect their to be more deals on shooters with so many of them coming out or already out. It'll be hard for games to hold the $60 price with so many games dropping each month. I'm waiting for a deal on ME2 for PS3.

#62 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

I really hope crysis 2 for PS3 turns out ok, I'll get that and Dragon Age 2. Sucks that Killzone 3 isnt on there, I guess they wanted it to be multiplat

You may want to try the PS3 demo of Crysis 2 that came out yesterday. Compared to the X360 demo, graphics are a bit better, however it suffers a drop in frames pretty frequently. The X360 demo I found much more stable, so I'll be getting that version.

#63 t3H LoU

t3H LoU

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

Yet another week of suck....
Posted Image

#64 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Crysis 2 (PS3/X360/PC) $60 Free $10 giftcard w/purchase
Lego Star Wars III$$50 (Wii/PS3/X360) $30(DS/PC/PSP)
Call of Duty Black Ops $50(PS3/X360/PC)
Halo Reach $40
Fable 3 $40
Dragon Age 2 $50(PS3/PC/X360)
UDraw $70 free pictionary game w/purchase
Pictionary $30
Super Mario Allstars 25th anniversary $30

4 GB X360 $200 free official MS X360 controller w/purchase
X11 Turtle Beach Headset $60
Kinect $150

Skyline $18 DVD $25 B/R
Yogi bear $15 DVD $20 digital copy/DVD/B/R combo pack
The little engine that could $13

Free $5 giftcard w/purchase of these 2 movies on DVD or B/R
The tourist $17 DVD $20 B/R
How do you know $17 DVD $20 B/R

#65 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:25 PM

Horrible ad, but thanks!
Posted Image

#66 da big p

da big p

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

i'll wait until Tuesday for newegg to give us the $10 off promo code for Crysis 2. They have done it for the last few weeks on major releases.

Thanks anyways, op.

#67 possum1284

possum1284

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:05 PM

So do i have to buy Crysis 2 inorder to get $20 off dragon age 2? Or is the promotion just $20 off dragoin age 2?
thanks,
Adam

#68 JSiggy

JSiggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

So do i have to buy Crysis 2 inorder to get $20 off dragon age 2? Or is the promotion just $20 off dragoin age 2?
thanks,
Adam

you have to buy Crysis 2, then you get $20 off your choice of those games. plus the $10 gc

#69 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:47 PM

[quote name='Enuf']Not Kmart Amazon & Newegg here's the story
http://finance.yahoo...rst-yet-to-come

This is the BEST: "they are using Best Buy as Amazon's 'showroom.'"

Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses!

#70 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:03 AM

thanks op , but i guess i also wait as da big ,..:)

Games My life..8.gif

#71 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:15 AM

If by some chance that's a wireless controller the 360 deal ain't horrible for an off-week B&M deal.

#72 popaloo

popaloo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Thanks op!

Pickings looks bleak though =/
A search engine (like Google) that awards you for using it.
Posted Image
Week #13 - Amazon Gift Card $145 (11 SB left over)...and we're chugging along.

#73 B-EZMX3200

B-EZMX3200

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

doesn't work on sales bs...tried one on a "sale" item that was pretty much regular price due to the price inflation at bbuy. got denied.

#74 chingychink

chingychink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

I was just looking at next week's ad and I wanna pick up Crysis 2 but I do not care for the deal. The k-mart deal is much much better than a $10 gift card, altogether you're gonna spend at least $100 to get Crysis 2 and another new release. So I was thinking of price matching, of getting Crysis 2, a $10 gift card and a $50 PSN card for 20. I have never done any price matching before at best buy, would it work? The k-mart ad as followed.

• :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets

#75 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

loveangel & da big p
BB is offering the same $10 giftcard+another $10(500 bonus points) for pre-ordering too. But with homefront selling like crazy, bulletstorm & KZ3 still relevant I wouldn't be surprised to see crysis 2 drop w/i the 30-45 price match window, you'll pay more upfront but get so much more in total.

Take Homefront for instance if you got the BB deal & price matched Walmart you paid $43 got $10(500 bonus points) & the headset(if you were lucky). I do this all the time so most of my game purchased on day 1 basically cost me $25-$30.

Fujimitsu
It's the same controller that comes with the system per the picture in the ad.

#76 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Take Homefront for instance if you got the BB deal & price matched Walmart you paid $43 got $10(500 bonus points) & the headset(if you were lucky). I do this all the time so most of my game purchased on day 1 basically cost me $25-$30.

They only cost you that much if they drop to $45 within a week or two, which has only happened for a few major releases lately.

Thanks for the heads up on the controller, not really into getting a 360 atm but my brother might bite i think he has credit.

#77 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

I was just looking at next week's ad and I wanna pick up Crysis 2 but I do not care for the deal. The k-mart deal is much much better than a $10 gift card, altogether you're gonna spend at least $100 to get Crysis 2 and another new release. So I was thinking of price matching, of getting Crysis 2, a $10 gift card and a $50 PSN card for 20. I have never done any price matching before at best buy, would it work? The k-mart ad as followed.

• :360::ps3: 3-22 Crysis 2 Offer Save 10,000 SYWR + Save $30 on $50 PSN or 4000 XBLA Points Card + Save $20 on Turtle Beach Head Sets

Honestly, you got no chance there's to many reasons that they can reject the pm per their policy(bundling,SYWR,items).
Basically, Crysis 2 $10 gc + $10 RZ cert in 30-35 days & you can use the $10 gc/$10 RZ to make the PSN card for $30 that's bout it.

#78 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:00 PM

They only cost you that much if they drop to $45 within a week or two, which has only happened for a few major releases lately.

BB has a 30 day window for price matches or 45 days if your a silver member. I tend to pick games up on sat. just to entend this. So if I buy next sat. I'll have till 5/10 for a price drop. Socom/Brink/MK all come out plus fear 3 right around the corner & KZ3/bulletstorm/homefront already in the picture it'll be hard for this to stay at $60 w/o a sale.

#79 Endangered

Endangered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Will deadspace 2 LE count?

#80 chingychink

chingychink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thanks Enuf

#81 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Fail, i went in to Best Buy to pre-order Crysis 2, and the damn pre-order machine was out of paper. The store gave me the typical run around, and i left without a pre-order <_<. I hope they dont end tonight, or im gonna rage
Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 airwalke

airwalke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

If by some chance that's a wireless controller the 360 deal ain't horrible for an off-week B&M deal.

We don't carry the wired controller anymore, so it's likely the wireless controller.

#83 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:55 AM

I'll probably get flamed for asking, but, I have $15 in RZ certs...so can I use those for Crysis 2 making the game $45+ tax and STILL get the $10 gift card, even though I'm using "coupons" on the game?

On a side note, he $20 off selected games is nice...but I already have Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2 (the 2 main games I WOULD be interested in), and I still have to beat those, along with Homefront, and then of course Crysis 2.
Posted Image

#84 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

I have a question.

I printed out two preorder slips for Crysis 2. Both of them were for Xbox 360. I haven't seen anything in the fine print that states you are only eligible for the $10 RZ bonus once per account but wouldn't be surprised if they had that policy but just didn't put it in writing for me to see... does anyone know anything about it?

Also, I was wondering if anyone things they will be able to use the 10% BB coupon that is valid until the 03/27 when they pick up Crysis 2. If so paying ~ $54 with a $10GC and $10 in future credit (posted in 30 days) isn't a bad deal...

plus where I'm buying 2 copies I'm 4/5 of the way to another $10 RZ coupon due to the Gamers Club promo of "spend $150 on games get $10 RZ certificate"

#85 1969iggy

1969iggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

I know this is off topic, but sometimes you just need to vent.

A few weeks ago i was an inch away from the Sony deal with the 55" LED TV and PS3 for $2198, plus a TV stand the sales guy was pushing for $100 off ($400 instead of $500) if i signed up for their Credit Card.

I told him i'd pull the trigger if he could throw in KZ3 as they had versions of the PS3 with it packaged on the shelf, and i wanted that version, or a copy of the game to make it happen. The guy i was dealing with (some kind of manager) says sure, if there is any way i can make it happen, i will do that, as long as you sign up for the BB CC. So i tell him that I'm putting the TV on the Sony card i have, but i will put the stand on the BB CC. He hands me off to some sales person, and tells me that he needs some info for the credit card. I tell him, i'm only signing up if i buy the stand, and want to make sure i'm getting what i want before i have anything subitted. No problem he tells me. So he takes all my info, prints out a reciept with a credit limit printed on it, and says OK, now lets take care of the sale. I'm not too concerned, because i'm excited to be buying a sweet TV. Next thing i know, i have some higher ranking BB mnager telling me there is NO WAY they can give me a copy of the game with the deal, it's already SO LOW they would be losing money (Oh fuc%ing give me a break).

Long story short i get pissed, tell them to cancel the transaction, and they inform me that there is no way to undo the credit, it's already been submitted, but i can cancel over the phone in 2 days. That affects my credit score... I called BB consumer relation and they tell me SORRY! Nothing we can do for you. SO a big Fuck YOU to BB.

:hot:
The three things you need to survive a gun fight:
1) Act Aggressively without hesitation
2) Act Violently without mercy
3) Get Lucky

#86 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:22 PM

[quote name='Lordd_G'][quote name='Enuf']Not Kmart Amazon & Newegg here's the story
http://finance.yahoo...rst-yet-to-come

This is the BEST: "they are using Best Buy as Amazon's 'showroom.'"[/QUOTE]

This was a great read. Thanks for posting that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 25MVPKing

25MVPKing

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

As anyone done the math on where the break even is on RZ? I'm just starting to game, so I will only buy a few a year. And I try to not pay more than $30-40 per game.

Also, I've got a ton of gift cards to BB, what stores have decent deals that I could PM to? Back when I played Xbox, CC was still in business and I used to always PM off each other.

#88 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Will deadspace 2 LE count?

Yes... From what I gather, BB stores only have the LE and the CE, the 2nd batch of DS2 haven't hit the store yet... The $20 promo should also work on the CE.

#89 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:00 AM

As anyone done the math on where the break even is on RZ? I'm just starting to game, so I will only buy a few a year. And I try to not pay more than $30-40 per game.

Break even? There's no longer a fee for RZ membership (though I think you still have to sign up for the Gamer's Club separately from the regular membership).

For gaming stuff, you earn $10 back for every $150 spend (not including tax or any amount paid for by GC or RZ certificate). For all other items, you earn $5 back for every $250 spent (and I think your gaming purchases *also* count toward this bucket on top of the Gamer's Club).
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#90 tontot

tontot

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

Just see it on the BB weekly ads online