Photo
- - - - -

Anyone know anything about car sound systems?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

Me and my friend looked at a system last night that I'm looking to buy. 3 12" Kicker comp subs, the enclosure, wiring, and a JL audio 1000w amp for $300. Before you say it sounds fishy, we heard them and checked everything. The guy is a brother of my buddy's friend and needs quick cash to pay off a ticket for minor possession haha

#2 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

sounds like a decent deal. how old is this system? long as they sound good and you trust this dude, Id say go for it. but do you really need 3 12" subs? holy moley

#3 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Trust me unless your geting into competitions you don't need 3 12s. Hell I had 2 infinity 12s and that was more than enough in my blazer. I wanted to go down to 10s.
Posted Image

#4 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

No one needs three subs, but for that price, why argue?
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#5 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:38 AM

well, my buddy has a niceee 2x12 setup with a decent amp. he said ain't a chance in hell he'd sell me his setup for $2-300, but he'd do a straight trade if i bought this guy's 3x12. he said if it's too much power for me, he'd just give me his 2x12 setup, which i LOVE!
Posted Image

#6 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:27 AM

The thing with car systems is it may sound great in your friends car but it's no promise that it'll sound the same in yours. As everyone else says no need for 3 12" subs. Honestly 1 12" and a good amp will give you a good sound without terrorizing everyone on your block. No need to go deaf before your old.
Posted Image

#7 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

go with something that is as loud as possible. I really like your taste in music and want to be sure to share in your jams while we're at the stoplight together. It's a wonderful bonding experience and I swear to god it doesn't make me want to get out my tow chain and let your windshield know how I really feel.
3DS Buddy Code 2767-0055-5245 send a pm with your code if you add and I will return the favor
XBL - Nasum2

#8 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:10 PM

Here's the question... will it bounce pennies that you place on the trunk?
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#9 DestroCobra

DestroCobra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:25 PM

I'd go with it but like other posters I don't see the need for 3 12's I have 2 Audiobahn 12's and a 500 watt xplod amp and they are good enough for me. No point in blowing your windows out.

#10 pittpizza

pittpizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

I think you're a fucking idiot for getting more than 1 10" sub.

Are you more interested in hearing the bass in your music or your license plate rattling off of your trunk lid?

Also your buddy who wants to sell you his shit to pay off a drug charge sounds like a really legit dude, I would definitely trust him and suggest you just give him the cash first. Don't get a receipt or anything either. Fuck tard.
Wii-Sixty FTWiin. Fanboys STFU & GTFO!

Now playing: Assassin's Creed 2, Battlestations Pacific, Madden 10, Army of Two, 40th Day.

Recently beat: Bioshock (again).