FX network hit the cancellation button on “Lights Out”

Ha.

Terriers had absurdly bad pre-debut promotion.

This had the crap promoted out of it all over the place.

Usually I'm all over FX shows... Terriers was the best show of the season, Justified is amazing, Sons of Anarchy started good and still has its moments, Always Sunny is a classic, even The League is good. I DVRed this and never got around to watching it, sort of like Rubicon on AMC. Perhaps I was a bit jaded they actually promoted this show but not Terriers.

Now I have no incentive to watch those recordings to get caught up at some point for a second season.

From the article quoted in the OP:
"John Landgraf, the president of FX, called “Lights Out” a creative success that simply didn’t connect with the audience. “We could do what other cable networks do, which is not cancel shows just to be able to say they are still on. But we want our audience to have a voice in what we do."

That just sounds absurd to me, especially considering FX has let plenty of creative-success-low-rating shows continue over the years. Why not just say "Look the show wasn't giving us a return on what we put in" and be honest about it. He gave an equally absurd answer for why Terriers was canceled. That really makes me question whats going through John Landgraf's head. Or at least what the network's publicist is saying he said.

Does anyone think the hype over The Fighter in movie theaters helped hurt this show? Perhaps "Why follow a boxing TV show when I can get my fix in a few hours in a great movie?"

This is what they deserve for moving Justified out of the Tuesday time slot. I just couldn't get into the concept of this show. Boxing is the best sport to build something around, but it just seemed over done in every promo I saw.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Welps, there goes the last reason why I even tune to FX -_-[/QUOTE]

*cough* Archer *cough*

Seriously this show never was any good. Terriers never was that good.

Sons of Anarchy started out good and the last season was such a yawn fest. So maybe they will turn that show back around and you can watch that as well.

[quote name='musha666']*cough* Archer *cough*

Seriously this show never was any good. Terriers never was that good.

Sons of Anarchy started out good and the last season was such a yawn fest. So maybe they will turn that show back around and you can watch that as well.[/QUOTE]

Archer is good but nothing special.

I only saw maybe 1-2 episodes up my one buddies house of this show and I thought it was pretty good. But even if I wanted to I couldn't have kept up with the show since we switched to a lower tier on Comcrap's stupid network and FX was one of the channels they blocked out.:roll:

So it was either pay $20 more a month to get FX and another 4-5 channels I actually liked back or watch this online. Sad to see I won't even be able to YouTube the episodes since it's cancelled now.

bread's done
Back