• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B002X9KYFW

Pretty nice price if you missed the capcom store deal, I added a 5 dollar micro usb cable to cover the filler myself
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

hmm wondering if i should wait for it to go to about 17-18 bucks. Im pretty sure it will drop there eventually. I dont think it did so hot

#3 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Thanks OP.

#4 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

Still hope it drop down $14.99 or less :)
"Evil is Funs"

#5 kitkatjam23

kitkatjam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

I bought this game at release, and its the best of its genre IMO. If you like Dynasty Warriors at all, give it a shot. The roster isnt as expansive, but its so much.... better.... again, IMO. : )

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:24 PM

Thanks a lot, OP; I've been wanting this for a while, and with Amazon credit I managed to get it for ~$13, which is a steal in my opinion. :applause:

I have a weird feeling that this game will quietly vanish, especially since you can't really get it anywhere else right now (Gamestop has it for $39.99/$32.99 new/used, but you can't order it online), and the lowest price I've seen is $19.99. I had a wicked time with the demo--Sengoku Basara seems like a more tongue-in-cheek game with more humor than the DW/SW games, which appeals more to me. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#7 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:46 PM

I was afraid it'd go OOP so I jumped on the Capcom deal. Played my share of DW games but Sengoku Basara is one of the best, especially if you're into collecting stuff and over the top characters. Highly recommended if you appreciate the genre.

#8 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:55 PM

Gametrailers ripped this game to shreds.

#9 UltraMysteryDopplega

UltraMysteryDopplega

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

Bad time for this to go on sale with the impending release of the best Dynasty Warriors game ever.

#10 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:54 PM

Gametrailers ripped this game to shreds.

Games of this genre generally receive poor reviews. Anyone interested enough to pick it up probably know exactly what they're going to get out of the game.

#11 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

I had to make it 25 for the free shipping anyways and this game seems to have a very limited print run on ps3 so I picked it up before it dissappears....

I love DW so I had too....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:37 AM

Lord Hamm's second signature summarizes how I feel about this game.

#13 Cheska19

Cheska19

Fang Banger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:19 AM

Ordered one! Thanks OP :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 raccoon2k

raccoon2k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:13 AM

http://www.zavvi.com...s/10201869.html

Zavvi.com has it for £9.85 (~$15.75) with free shipping if people don't mind waiting a little extra for international shipping (Zavvi is trustworthy, but somewhat notoriously slow).

#15 immanewb

immanewb

i haz custom?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

http://www.zavvi.com...s/10201869.html

Zavvi.com has it for £9.85 (~$15.75) with free shipping if people don't mind waiting a little extra for international shipping (Zavvi is trustworthy, but somewhat notoriously slow).

It would be worth it if they didn't charge an extra £2.35 (~$3.31) for shipping outside of the UK (99p within the EU). However, as of 3-27-2011 monetary conversion: £9.85 = ~$13.86. So combine that with shipping outside of the UK, it brings the total to ~$17.17. Ultimately, you do save a few more bucks. Is it worth the wait? That's your call.

And while we're on this topic, Newegg still has the Wii version for $12.99 with free shipping if anyone is still interested.

Edited by shrike4242, 27 March 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#16 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

Bump For Great Justice......

Get this game before its gone....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

Do I get this or Dynasty Warriors 7 this week?

I've never really played either, but in the mood for this kind of game.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#18 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:53 AM

Do I get this or Dynasty Warriors 7 this week?

I've never really played either, but in the mood for this kind of game.

dw7 has online, this doesn't. dw7 is $60, this is $22. dw7 has the best review of the whole series. so who knows.

#19 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

dw7 has online, this doesn't. dw7 is $60, this is $22. dw7 has the best review of the whole series. so who knows.

Online is the main reason I'm leaning towards DW7, even though it's 3x as much.

And have there been reviews for it yet?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#20 fwbweux

fwbweux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:25 AM

Online is the main reason I'm leaning towards DW7, even though it's 3x as much.

And have there been reviews for it yet?

On one hand, DW7 is pretty likely to drop in price at a good clip, but since you're interested in the co-op element, who knows how long there will be a steady stream of people to play with online for a game with a limited fanbase? It's a gamble.

You'll have a hard time finding an unbiased review for any Warriors game, as they're often given to reviewers with an explicit loathing for the games and are generally written as snarky entertainment pieces for other people who already hate the franchise. They're of little help to those with a genuine interest in trying the series and deciding on their own whether or not it's for them. The best you'll probably do on a major review site is Destructoid's Jim Sterling, who, while usually a shameless shock reviewer who creates controversy to rack up hits, is generally Warriors-friendly. Player impressions on the koeiwarriors.co.uk forums might also be helpful.

#21 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

Damn Im glad I hit up on this when I did, Prices are higher now with only a few left in stock...

I figured this game was getting rare....

Better get in on this before they go up more....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Yars

Yars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:54 AM

Damn Im glad I hit up on this when I did, Prices are higher now with only a few left in stock...

I figured this game was getting rare....

Better get in on this before they go up more....

There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of demand for the series over here to outweigh its low print run. The previous entry in the series, which came out here as Devil Kings, can still be easily found brand new for about $12 on Amazon 5 years after its release.

#23 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:06 AM

I'm 4th in line for DW 7 on Goozex, I need to finish this one first.....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)