Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#331 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

Todays update: Gears of War 3 contains 1.5 Hours of Cutscenes.
http://xbox-360.nowg...s-of-cut-scenes

I love how they have a quote right next to the quoted area on the left. LMAO!

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#332 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

UGH! I cant decide whether to get the console or not <_<. My phat is already almost 2 years old, and im a sucker for special edition consoles. I guess after factoring out the game and second controller (Both of which i had been planning to get), it'd only be about 290-300$. (Not counting whatever i get for trading in all of my old accessories/system)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#333 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

What are you talking about. I had to redo the title because the way the link is typed it says 15 Hours of Cutscenes. 15 HOURS? Lol.

Posted Image

#334 brauma

brauma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

I'm iffy on whether to get the 80 version or the 60 version. I preordered 80 today, but might cancel it for the regular.

#335 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:48 AM

Full length movie worth of cutscenes?!?! That is AWESOME!!!

#336 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

As long as it has at least 4 times as much gameplay in the story.

#337 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

I hope the people excited for more Gears cutscenes aren't the ones that were complaining about Metal Gear Solid 4's copious amount of cutscenes. 8-)

But yes. I enjoy cutscenes but there better be plenty of gameplay to go with it. (MGS4 in that regard was a let down).

#338 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

Traded in my slim 360 250gb yesterday just to reserve the Gears 3 console. I've never owned a limited edition console so I thought being a huge Gears fan, I went for the console. I had to, two controllers, the games, some goodies, and turning on that bad boy just to hear the Gears of War theme, Fuck YEAH! I need 160 left to pay it off. I be on the PS3 more often until Sept. 20th hits.
Posted Image

#339 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

I hope the people excited for more Gears cutscenes aren't the ones that were complaining about Metal Gear Solid 4's copious amount of cutscenes. 8-)

But yes. I enjoy cutscenes but there better be plenty of gameplay to go with it. (MGS4 in that regard was a let down).

I loved MGS4 cutscenes! I thought it added so much to the other-wise short and monotonous campaigns of it's time and here lately for that matter. MGS4 was amazing!

I hope Epic does the same with GOW3, this has been one of the best campaigns of all time!!! And I know they're gonna wrap-it-up with a HUGE amount of whipcream and cherries!!!

#340 wastedyears

wastedyears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

An hour and a half of cut-scenes? Makes me wonder how many discs it will be. Gears 2 was a great game, but the story was laughably bad.

#341 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

Do walmart stores do pre-orders for gears 3? also do they give these $20 gift cards?

#342 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Should I feel bad that I preordered the Gears console and the Epic edition game?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#343 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Should I feel bad that I preordered the Gears console and the Epic edition game?

Nope, that's what I'm doing too! 8-)

#344 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Nope, that's what I'm doing too! 8-)

There are starving children in Africa but we splurge on video games.
Posted Image

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#345 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

I can has all of my limited edition crap and donate to the Ethiopians.

#346 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

Ahhh good news for me. I called TRU for series 6 of the gears figures and he only said they had Skorge, Kantus, and Cog Soldier. So i went to buy those, and found one Mauler hiding behind some other tall toy boxes, like someone was trying to hide it. So glad i seen that in the corner of my eye!

I also saw 1 Zeus figure from the god of war series, but none of the others. Oh well.

how much was the cog soldier?

#347 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

how much was the cog soldier?

They are all 14.99 each.

#348 Escobar4Life

Escobar4Life

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I wouldn't get enough if I traded in my Elite 360 with a 250 gb HDD would I? I really want to buy the GOW3 360.

I'm going to call Gamestop and see how much I can get for it.

#349 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I wouldn't get enough if I traded in my Elite 360 with a 250 gb HDD would I? I really want to buy the GOW3 360.

I'm going to call Gamestop and see how much I can get for it.

they will rip the hell out of your ass! you old system may bring in around $75 HDD another $25.. so you will be about a 1/4th of the way there. opp 4got about tax well you can give up the 2nd controller that you have that's about $10. better off to sell it on CL and save up and order on amazon. no Tax.

#350 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

Do walmart stores do pre-orders for gears 3? also do they give these $20 gift cards?

Did you not turn on your 360 at all the other day. Yes walmart is doing pre-orders and yes just like amazon you get a $20 egift card. but its only on the SD. and you get the Bonus exclusive Savage Grenadier Elite.

#351 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

I pre-ordered the Gears console.

i really want the statue that comes with the epic edition though, i'll have to ebay it

#352 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

Anyone know the retailer that will have the butcher cleaver?

#353 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

Im just going to stick with the Epic Edition. Nothing else. I would take the extra money you would spend on the console and use it towards other games like Assassins Creed Revelations and Battlefield 3. That or just save it. I added it up and the Epic Edition is $150, Console is $400, Cleaver is $100, and Lancer is $100. That is $750 + Tax. Give or take a few dollars after that is all done. OUCH!

I feel ya! I'm doing the Epic Edition and BOTH Retro Lancers - the normal U.S. version and the GOLD Exclusive U.K. version. That's enough for me - if the console looked better I would get it too...

#354 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

I can has all of my limited edition crap and donate to the Ethiopians.

How many more could you have saved with that limited edition money? Poor children in graves.

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#355 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:50 PM

Did you not turn on your 360 at all the other day. Yes walmart is doing pre-orders and yes just like amazon you get a $20 egift card. but its only on the SD. and you get the Bonus exclusive Savage Grenadier Elite.

The add on the dashboard only meantions online orders.

#356 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

Traded in my slim 360 250gb yesterday just to reserve the Gears 3 console. I've never owned a limited edition console so I thought being a huge Gears fan, I went for the console. I had to, two controllers, the games, some goodies, and turning on that bad boy just to hear the Gears of War theme, Fuck YEAH! I need 160 left to pay it off. I be on the PS3 more often until Sept. 20th hits.

You being a CAG and all, why in the hell would you trade in your console!? Seriously, you could make 4x more selling it through Craigslist.
Posted Image

#357 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Can't wait for gears 3
Gonna play it non stop

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png

#358 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:20 AM

Anyone know a place to buy Gears 3 figures?

#359 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:10 AM

Yeah pretty much TRU is where i buy mine. I think ive read they might sell them at suncoast or FYE maybe it was? But TRU is your best bet, or an online store like amazon, bigbadtoystore, and others. But they usually run a little higher than retail+shipping which is why i get them at TRU if i can.

#360 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:35 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know this.

If you pre-order Gears 3 Standard at Walmart, the $20 e-gift card will be mailed to your email address within 2 hours after your payment clears. If you go to Amazon, they won't let you have the $20 gift card until the game ships. BOO! I'd recommend Wal-Mart cuz you can use the $20 GC to pre-order another game like Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3! I used mine on Skyrim :whee:
Posted Image