Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Dead Space LE, ToV LE are two off the top of my head.

Both Mass Effects.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#32 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Mass Effect 2 and Blackops Steelbook edition to name some. And if I'm not wrong, Gears 2 collectors edition is quite rare too.

The Amazon version of the GoW 2 LE was pretty decent. It included the Gears of War Lancer Replica that's out of production.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#33 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

Both Mass Effects.

Bioshock 1 CE, the one with the Big Daddy statue, is another one.

You can also start lumping in the Dead Space CE that was only order-able directly through EA and was a run of 1000 each.

Gears 1 CE and Gears 2 LE are semi-limited, though you can sometimes find them on Amazon on the cheaper.

#34 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:30 PM

For $150 this comes with a blow job, right?

By a locust I think!

#35 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

I miss the days when you spent $10 extra, got a metal case, artbook, DVD, etc. I can't justify paying $150 for a game that comes with a statue I'm going to look at when I could spend $50 more and get a system itself.

But those of you that love this stuff, go for broke.

#36 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm hoping that Epic will follow the path of COD: BO and COD: MW2, where the only difference between the $79.99 and $149.99 edition was the "toy" (RC car or night vision goggles), where the game content (steelbook, bonus maps, avatar items, etc.) was the same between the two versions.

#37 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Thrash statue would be cool..but a little more for the $150 tag.

nihilence.png

#38 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

That would be cool. I have noticed that alot of videos and interviews have a reference to Trashball Cole and they show a picture of this. Could this be a hint. Maybe like the Noble Team Statue but instead a Trashball Cole Statue. What do you think. Good Idea or Bad Idea

Horrible idea but that's not gonna happen. THrashball Cole is an exclusive unlockable costume for Cole, acquirable during the beta. That's why you're seeing it mentioned everywhere. Also I believe your description in the OP isn't accurate but rather misleading. No details have been announced about the EE. And if what you have posted turns out to be true, might as well close this thread now because this EE would be garbage and not nearly worth 150 USDs.

#39 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:22 AM

Damn I would like to preorder this but don't know what is going on with work. I go from working 6 12 hour days to seeing over half the next shift being another company. Really want to pre order just to get into the beta but damn it sucks not knowing what is going on with your job.
Posted Image

#40 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:26 AM

The thing that annoys me the most in these $150 LEs is that the figure they include is usually a cheap $20 figure. If they upped the quality, then I could understand charging $70 more for a figure, but so far, I don't understand their reasoning for most CEs. The Team Noble figure is at most $30-$35. It's cool, but not that high quality. The Assassin's Creed 2 figure was the same as the $15 Target figures almost. The night vision goggles were a $40 pair of Night Vision goggles with CoD written on them. The RC Car was a $30-$40 RC car with CoD written on the side. I would love to have these figures, but I'm not paying anywhere near $70 for them. I know they make these CEs to make money, but god damn they are getting greedy as hell.

Edit - Just realized the AC2 CE was only $80. That one CE gets a pass. It wasn't too expensive.

Edited by DarkRider23, 29 March 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#41 xblaze23

xblaze23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:27 AM

Every "collector's edition" should have a steelbook case.

this guy knows what he's talking about

#42 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:28 AM

150 dollars is a lot of money and i think they're really exploiting people with the price tags.
Like Darkrider said, the "SUPER CE" stuff is just like cheaply made figures or helmets/boxes.

For 150 bucks, you can get Gears of War 3, and another brand new release, and pick up something that came out a month ago.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#43 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

For those who bought Bulletstorm, when does the beta begin?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#44 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

This should be renamed "The Stuff You'll Forget About After A Couple Of Months Until You Have To Dust It Edition". Or how about "The Stuff That Shows How Much Of A Geek You Are Edition". :lol:

Like I've said before. I would be happy with a "CAG Edition" Where it's the game disc in a jewel case. It doesn't even need a cover. Just direct me to a web site where I can download and print it. Sell it for $35 to $45 and all is good. ;)

I mean the name of this site is Cheap Ass Gamers, right?

#45 Jankee

Jankee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

For those who bought Bulletstorm, when does the beta begin?

April 18th. 1 week before the Gamestop Preorder Beta.

You get an unlockable during that week.

#46 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:24 AM

I could use a Gears of War 3 beta code.... I can't wait for Gears of War 3.

#47 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:06 AM

(That article was horribly written: 12' is 12-feet. 12" is 12-inches. Dead Rising 2's collector's edition never came with a zombie statue.)

Assuming the unclear article is trying to say that it's a Marcus Fenix 12-inch statue, I'm not THAT excited about the Epic Edition I have pre-ordered. And I don't understand what's going on with that Cole statue that I keep seeing random pics of. Maybe that comes with it too?

Hopefully I can find a way to downgrade my online pre-order through GameStop if the Epic Edition is less than epic.

#48 solidusdeus

solidusdeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

Anything other than Vanilla on this is garbage.

#49 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

(That article was horribly written: 12' is 12-feet. 12" is 12-inches. Dead Rising 2's collector's edition never came with a zombie statue.)

one of the uk editions did - i don't recall from where...maybe a hmv exclusive (it was more of a figurine, not statue)

#50 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

Thrashball Cole figurine? If so, sold. That looks absolutely awesome. Can't wait for this game to drop!

630736.png

#51 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

If you can find the link that would be great.

here is an unboxing

called the Outbreak Edition - European/Australian exclusive

#52 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:04 AM

i remember amazon had a gears2 CE that had a life size lancer and it was only about $135? Anyone remember that?

#53 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

i remember amazon had a gears2 CE that had a life size lancer and it was only about $135? Anyone remember that?

^^this...i feel that they should do the same as the Amazon edition and re-release with the Lancer or the Retro Lancer or my personal favorite the Boomshot :D
Posted Image

#54 gargus

gargus

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

MSRP isnt a deal. It will be a deal when the price drops 3 weeks after its released

#55 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

i really hope its not a Cole statue

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#56 iSuperfly

iSuperfly

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.

#57 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

meh that statue doesn't look that nice to me at all. more on the crappy side. most statues as of late have been epic fails by developers. pass

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#58 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:53 AM

I really don't like the way the Cole thrashball statue looks. I didn't even like Thrashball Cole in the beta. I would like a Carmine statue instead...
Posted Image

#59 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

here is an unboxing
[video]
called the Outbreak Edition - European/Australian exclusive

Finally, an unboxing video without a sweaty, overweight, and/or obnoxious guy.

It seems strange that the statue would be of Thrashball Cole, when Gears of War is about soldiers and action. I would have expected Marcus and Dom, weapons raised, side by side. Something that presents action and confrontation. Thrashball just seems so indistinct towards representation of the game.

Seriously, if you had that statue out, people wouldn't get the reference. You'd have to explain Gears of War, then explain that it's a shooter game, and then that Cole's a character in it, and that he once played a sport called Thrashball. If it were a statue like the one Halo: Reach had, all you needed to say is that, "these are the characters from Halo: Reach."

#60 luxarific

luxarific

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.

Agreed. I hate this increased trend of including statues/figurines in CEs. They're tacky and more importantly, it's just more dust-collecting clutter. I'd so much rather have a full-size art book (not these half-size ones) or something practical like an exclusive controller. I passed on the Limited Edition of Infamous 2 just because it comes with a Cole statue. Same thing for the collector's edition of AC2 - a jester statue? You have got to be out of your mind if you think I'm going to display this.

Anything that fleshes out the game universe is pretty nifty though, e.g., that Halsey notebook from Reach was well done.