Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

epic edition is an epic fail IMHO.....

Wish they would start coming out with better items for the C.E.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#62 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

Finally, an unboxing video without a sweaty, overweight, and/or obnoxious guy.

It seems strange that the statue would be of Thrashball Cole, when Gears of War is about soldiers and action. I would have expected Marcus and Dom, weapons raised, side by side. Something that presents action and confrontation. Thrashball just seems so indistinct towards representation of the game.

Seriously, if you had that statue out, people wouldn't get the reference. You'd have to explain Gears of War, then explain that it's a shooter game, and then that Cole's a character in it, and that he once played a sport called Thrashball. If it were a statue like the one Halo: Reach had, all you needed to say is that, "these are the characters from Halo: Reach."

Agreed, if that is the one in the epic edition it is the dumbest thing they could have done. Perhaps they are making a "collection" of figures to be sold separately but not the one in the epic edition (hopefully).

#63 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

I hope they have a nice collection of figures from the game at some point. The Halo ones are so cool... I'd like to get a set of Gears ones. I freaking love this series of games...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014

:xb1:

Titanfall, Forza 5

#64 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

If only that cole train statue/figure had a button and when you pressed it he screamed ITS THE COLE TRAIN BABY WOOOOO i would totally buy it.

but i just don't have room for toys

#65 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Epic edition so far looks like it's not worth it

#66 Mafoofoo

Mafoofoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:28 PM

Since this Gears of War published by Microsoft game studios and not Gears of War published by Atlus it's safe to say this will probably end up like the Reach Legendary edition.

#67 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

safe to say it will

#68 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:29 AM

If they were smart, they would just include a bad ass Gears of War 360 controller with the epic edition. Like a blood red color with the COG symbol where the Xbox button is or something like that. Now that would be epic and worth the price.

Id prefer a controller over a statue/figure of either marcus or cole. If thats the only difference between LE and EE, im downgrading my pre order because id rather have 70 dollars than a dust magnet. Hopefully the announcement is soon, like before LA noire comes out!

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#69 jrxone1

jrxone1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

i perfer 1:1 gold retro lancer

#70 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

Would love a controller, and I'd probably pay MSRP (or close to it) through Amazon for some great Gears swag. Can't wait for the goodies announcement.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#71 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I can't wait either. I'm guessing they'll announce it right around the time the beta ends to give their players something to look forward to. Hopefully it's high quality.

630736.png

#72 Angriwooki

Angriwooki

Nacho Libre

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

I pre-ordered the Epic Edition with hopes that we would get another replica weapon. Anything less and i'm downgrading for sure.

#73 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have the standard edition pre-ordered from Amazon to take advantage of the $20 credit, but do have my eye on the other editions. I too, would be disappointed if the epic edition includes a custom figure. I like the controller idea!

#74 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

You would think game publishers would learn their lesson and realize these stupid statues are useless and they don't sell. They just end up being marked down because the boxes are obnoxiously large and take up valuable retail space. God forbid they actually include something practical that will see usage.

#75 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Amazon is taking pre-orders for it now, but there aren't many details on the item page.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#76 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Eventually, this thread should turn into a master GoW3 deals thread.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#77 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

apparently now they have retail exclusive mp skins. Pretty pissed about this! They better be available for download a few months after release!

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

http://forums.epicga...ad.php?t=795207

#78 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Where did you get your avatar.

It was on the gamestop gears 3 page that showed the beta tester medal you get in the beta. Not the regular game pages, but some special gears 3 page that showed different stuff.

#79 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

so there's no steel book, lame!

#80 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

Holy good grief, this epic edition looks awesome! I'm looking forward to the game, no doubt, but the content of the epic edition is just way too cool, even for the $150 price tag. It's loaded with tangible and virtual goodies. Cannot wait!
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#81 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

why no $20 credit with the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition on amazon? only for the standard edition :\

#82 Mag215

Mag215

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Another paper weight, some crazy medal and some pieces of paper for $150. I'll stick to my standard with amazon credit.
-------------------------
The Mischief Co

#83 The Ebbtide

The Ebbtide

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

apparently now they have retail exclusive mp skins. Pretty pissed about this! They better be available for download a few months after release!

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

That link isn't working anymore, oddly. I think this is the thread (http://forums.epicga...ad.php?t=795206).

I'm not liking all of this pre-order DLC being showcased while the game is still months from being released. I would have preferred more weapon and player skins as unlocks for kills, wins, or something game related.

And Adam Fenix has the Beta Tester emblems on his knees and shoulder armor. I wonder what the significance of that symbol is.

#84 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:26 AM

I dont really like TDM. Reason is half the time we get down to the last 5 lives, i die right when we hit that so i cant respawn. Im also the one that usually has the least deaths. So im sitting dead with 6 kills and 3 deaths while someone who is 1-10 gets to play in the final moments.

#85 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

O man I have tons of Walmart money. I hope that the skin is great for them. Waitng to hear about what they'll be before I order EPIC!!

I gotta say though, I don't see ANY preorder bonus for Epic edition on Amazon. They still valid? Don't tell me they wouldn't do the 20 bucks and Savage Kantus for actualy giving them MORE money

Edited by Darklurkr23, 17 May 2011 - 03:54 AM.

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#86 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

BEST BUY
Mechanic Baird

AMAZON
Savage Kantus

Will this tack on to previous pre-orders? I already put my order in place for Amazon, can't undo & redo if I still want the release-date shipping.

#87 velvet396

velvet396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:55 PM

Yes. Just like the LA Noire preorerder deal. If you preorder ahead of time you will get what they offer and if they change it you should get what they change it to also. Some people who preordered LA Noire got a $25 Gift Card because it was first $10 and they changed it to $15 and they got both. Hope this helps.

thanks for the peace of mind

#88 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

lol how come the statue is different from the one thats previously posted? about the trash sport thingy? (ive never played the previous gears). but in any case it still looks awesome.

ill buy it when the price goes cheaper. i only buy LEs on release day when its for a game im hyped for.

like mortal kombat. bought KE and TE on first day with no regrets

#89 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

wish Amazon would add the $20 gift card to the limited edition

#90 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

wish Amazon would add the $20 gift card to the limited edition

me too, but i dont think they do that normally. 10-20 credit for 60 dollar games, limited editions dont get that offer.