Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#991 cag1000

cag1000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

I'm hoping that since the page for the Retro Lancer still exists on GS.com and only says "Not Available", that they are planning on updating stock once release day hits. At least i am hoping so since I've called a bunch of stores and they are only getting enough for pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm that they have shipped the Lancers and people are picking them up early?

#992 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

i locked down the LE a month ago from amazon. noticed now its not even available to view i guess they met there demand or something? anyways got Gears 2 LE now Gears 3 LE. 1 week away.
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#993 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm hoping that since the page for the Retro Lancer still exists on GS.com and only says "Not Available", that they are planning on updating stock once release day hits. At least i am hoping so since I've called a bunch of stores and they are only getting enough for pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm that they have shipped the Lancers and people are picking them up early?

In my experience "Not Available" is never updated, and usually means it will never be available online but may still be available in store.

#994 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

Oh Yea 6 more days left !
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#995 spauldingfan

spauldingfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

So I was one of the people that jumped on the retro lancer bundle last week when it popped up but when it I look up the order it says error. I just saw a charge come through from gamestop on my credit card. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any time I call the 800 number nobody picks up.

#996 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Oh Yea 6 more days left !

:bouncy:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#997 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Up to 19 Members now. 21 More spots open!
Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join

#998 MattyB

MattyB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

Anyone else bummed that the Epic edition doesn't include the retail slipcase for the LE? I know I have OCD but ...

#999 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Anyone else bummed that the Epic edition doesn't include the retail slipcase for the LE? I know I have OCD but ...

Its a huge letdown for me, actually. Same thing (kinda) with Batman ac.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#1000 aspen1284

aspen1284

You're all right in my book

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

I know its been answered, but I cannot find the answer...I preordered through BB, how do I get the baird DLC? Does it come on a card, in the case, email? Sorry, I just can't find the answer for whatever reason!

#1001 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

I too, am having weird problems with the retro lancer ordering.

I ordered the first day it was announced, but then Gamestop cancelled that order and opened a new order. That order is still "Open" But the status is "Backordered".

I literally ordered the first day you were able to, but I haven't been charged for it (getting the game from Amazon) so the lancer should have been charged to my card by now.

I really fucking hate Gamestop. All they do is sell games and they can't even do that right.

#1002 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

best buy says that they will email you the code.
GS All pre-orders will say backordered untill it is shipped I think they are doing sat shipping. so you will be charged sat and it will be shipped to you!

#1003 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

Thanks. I pre-ordered at BestBuy because I had some certs to use. I wonder when will they email me Baird.

#1004 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Thanks. I pre-ordered at BestBuy because I had some certs to use. I wonder when will they email me Baird.

Meh baird sucks. Should have made a cole train one
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1005 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hi all not sure if you have heard about this or not but 360Voice.com is running a Gears 3 contest giving away $10,000 in prizes.
Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join

Figured Some CAGs would be interested in trying to win some money while playing what people are calling the hottest release of the YEAR!!
Up to 10 Members so far. Need another 30 to fill the group. CAGs REPRESENT!!

I joined the group, we need about 20 more! I'm all about getting some achievements so I'll be doing my part - I look forward to workin' this challenge!

#1006 PhiLeingFunkie

PhiLeingFunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

I just read the article on IGN about the history of the development for Gears. I'm actually looking for a reason to buy the Epic edition. If it was actually limited I wouldn't mind buying but I've got a damn Spartan Helmet staring at me telling me otherwise.

I think LE should be satisfactory.

#1007 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

Meh baird sucks. Should have made a cole train one

Agreed. BB was my only choice since I had a bunch of certs to use, the cheaper the better for me right now. :) Also I think I unlocked Cole already from the beta.

#1008 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

I love Dom. He's my favorite by far...

#1009 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

Marcus second...

#1010 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

Gears of War 3 Achievement Challenge. Click if you want to read info then maybe join the group...

#1011 AzzKicknChickn

AzzKicknChickn

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

Got some more info for you guys. Apparently if you bought the gears of war 3 controller and redeemed your weapon skin code before September 9th you get Adam Fenix with the 5 infected omen skins.

Apparently there was a mix up over at Microsoft and they basically put the codes in the same pile as the console bundle codes which come with all of that. I believe these codes were only suppose to redeem the lancer infected omen skin.

For those that did redeem it, check under the "memory" area of your xbox and if you see "Infected Omen Console Bundle" under the Gears of War 3 area of the Games tab, then your all set.

However, according to all the Twitter feeds the glitch has been fixed and if you redeem/redeemed the code anywhere from the 9th onward it won't say that.

#1012 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

I guess I'm sticking to Standard.
:360: Is all I need.

#1013 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:54 AM

UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

wow..... shouldve preordered @ gamestop :cry:

Posted Image

#1014 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

UPDATE:

Well i'm fucked out of it then if thats true. and i pre-ordered months ago the limited edition

#1015 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

wow..... shouldve preordered @ gamestop :cry:

But Gamestop doesn't have Savage Kantus. They have Generic Dom. :booty:

#1016 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

Well i'm fucked out of it then if thats true. and i pre-ordered months ago the limited edition

Don't panic though. I just preordered the LE today. I would ask them first. Post your response here if you can.

#1017 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

UPDATE:

I honestly think this is a customer service oversight. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for Amazon to arbitrarily exclude the limited edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the extent of their "research" was just clicking on the page.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#1018 yesokyesok

yesokyesok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:34 AM

I honestly think this is a customer service oversight. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for Amazon to arbitrarily exclude the limited edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the extent of their "research" was just clicking on the page.

That is what I was thinking as well. So I responded to the email. I will see what they respond and post their reply ASAP.

#1019 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
5 Spots Left.
IF I GET ENOUGH CAGS I WOULD BE WILLING TO MAKE A 2ND GROUP!!

#1020 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
5 Spots Left.
IF I GET ENOUGH CAGS I WOULD BE WILLING TO MAKE A 2ND GROUP!!

I really wished the LE had a $20GC that came with it. Might just stick with the standard edition. Times are hard :cry:
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image