Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

So the statue is glow-in-the-dark and not lit up LED's? Wouldn't mind battery-powered LED's personally. Kind of a shame NECA isn't making the statue when they make the GoW figures, and they've put LED's in Dead Space Isaac's figures which came out pretty nice.

#122 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:06 PM

I hope I can get Amazon to tack on $20 on Limited Edition.

#123 Junkyard Jeff

Junkyard Jeff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

I hope I can get Amazon to tack on $20 on Limited Edition.

I just sent them an email too - they'll probably do it at some point. :pray:

#124 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

you should really add a 4th option
* Epic edition.. in 6-8 months when its dropped down to 40 bucks or less like every other mass produced 'limited' edition out there

#125 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:58 AM

I didn't notice before that The Great Wal and Amazon are doing GC battles again and both are offering special characters. Can't go wrong with two companies competing hard for your money...both are fantastic deals with $20 GCs.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#126 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:03 AM

you should really add a 4th option
* Epic edition.. in 6-8 months when its dropped down to 40 bucks or less like every other mass produced 'limited' edition out there

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing useful to the discussion. See posts #2, 3, and 4. Enjoy buying your price-dropped EE's in 8 months and keeping them sealed or trying to sell them on eBay or whatever it is that you do.

#127 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

Omg if that Steel Case is true the Epic Edition just got me exictged

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#128 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

Anyone know if Walmart or Best Buy would have their DLC codes inside or outside of the case?

#129 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

Oh man, that Savage Grenadier looks tight. I really want that one and Baird. Too bad the Kantus Amazon is getting is the one I dislike the most.

#130 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

I'm sure K-Mart will have killer deals for this, but wont know much closer to release exactly what they are.

#131 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

I pre-ordered the Standard from Amazon a couple months ago when the $20 credit was originally up. Will Amazon send me a Kantus code as well, or should I just cancel it and re-order to make sure?

#132 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

I pre-ordered the Standard from Amazon a couple months ago when the $20 credit was originally up. Will Amazon send me a Kantus code as well, or should I just cancel it and re-order to make sure?

I believe Amazon has a policy of some sort that if a better deal comes along after you already put your order in, they will give you the better deal. So you SHOULD get a Kantus code, but if it is no trouble you could just re-order it.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#133 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

With Walmart and Best Buy, do they tend to e-mail you a code,
or do they have it in the packaging?

#134 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:20 AM

With Walmart and Best Buy, do they tend to e-mail you a code,
or do they have it in the packaging?

My questions as well. You think the codes will be in the cases or somehow outside of the cases?

#135 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

I have also looked on the internet and contacted Epic Games. Since Gears of War 2 came with a Metal Case so will Gears of War 3 Limited Edition and Epic Edition.

So you have been able to confirm the steelbook case then?

and I found this info on bestbuy.com

Enjoy a cast zinc alloy replica of Adam Fenix's Octus Service Medal that he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn, and use the engraved Xbox LIVE code to unlock the Adam Fenix in-game character for use in multiplayer gameplay

#136 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

So you have been able to confirm the steelbook case then?

and I found this info on bestbuy.com

Enjoy a cast zinc alloy replica of Adam Fenix's Octus Service Medal that he received for his work on the Hammer of Dawn, and use the engraved Xbox LIVE code to unlock the Adam Fenix in-game character for use in multiplayer gameplay

Yeah every Adam Fenix COG award has a code on the back to unlock him.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#137 lewchief

lewchief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Better add the "actual" retro lancer to the list. Just saw on the GOW Facebook they have them for preorder from Gamestop.

#138 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

lifesize retro lancer now for pre order.

http://epicgames.com...dles-available/

#139 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Oh... my... goth. O___________O I totally want. :O

#140 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

I think I may get the limeted lancer edition. I really dont care for the statue and I'm sure we'll see it on clearance eventually, but I really want that lancer and dont want to miss out on it!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#141 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:21 PM

That thing is fucking huge. Posted Image

#142 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

This is what they should have done with the Dead Space 2 plasma cutter...

#143 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

That thing is fucking huge.

Thats what she said?

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#144 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:19 PM

This thread is epic. OP, I salute you. I don't know why people are rating this bad. You have EVERY single detail that anyone would ever need to know about the release of this Gears 3.

I love this thread, and don't let PS3 fanboys who give it bad ratings get you down. Keep up the good work man, this is amazing.
Posted Image

#145 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:50 AM

Has anyone pre-ordered the standard edition from Wal-Mart? Did you get the $20 gift card emailed to you yet? Does it work on anything?
Posted Image

#146 spartan200x

spartan200x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:37 AM

My questions as well. You think the codes will be in the cases or somehow outside of the cases?

The Best Buy website says "code will arrive via e-mail on release date". If this is true they would hopefully be outside the box at local stores.

#147 KingNothing09

KingNothing09

Where's your crown?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:07 AM

I seriously hope Amazon adds the $20 credit offer to limited edition. After seeing a few games I have in mint condition are worth about $80 in total on their trade in program I cancelled my standard edition order and am waiting to see if they make it for the limited edition too. I'll probably still order it either way though. Awesome thread OP.

#148 Jesusaramis

Jesusaramis

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'm hoping Amazon adds the $20 gift card to the Limited Edition. If not I'm just going to buy it at Gamestop, since UPS tends to deliver games to me extremely late in the day.

#149 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

So I went down to GS this morning to upgrade my limited edition pre-order to the lancer limited edition. Anyways their computer didnt have a listing for it, though GS.com does. They told me they think it may be a online only pre-order.

87688.png

#150 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

awesome job on the front page!

Man gears statue, now retro lancer. Now im just waiting for them to unviel a gears of war 3 xbox 360 console to make die hard fans spend 630 dollars + LOL