Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#151 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

awesome job on the front page!

Man gears statue, now retro lancer. Now im just waiting for them to unviel a gears of war 3 xbox 360 console to make die hard fans spend 630 dollars + LOL

damn it...now you got me thinking about this..... I MUST RESIST THE LANCER!! MUST RESIST ANY NEW CONSOLE!!!

#152 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

o man it's gamestop only? Son of a bitch. Maybe I'll just buy it straight :D

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

http://titanfallforu...er&referrer=244 - Join the titanfall forums! Lets grow!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#153 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

o man it's gamestop only? Son of a bitch. Maybe I'll just buy it straight :D

Yeah, I'd do the same, but it's an extra $20 buying it solo. Almost the same deal, basically. Guess it depends if the other extra are worth it.
The D Pad.
An appreciation of all games new and old, good and bad.

#154 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:11 AM

:applause:OP, great job on the update! I would love to have a full size toy lancer replica. I guess I will be canceling my order at Amazon and putting in my order at Gamestop. It's only money, but a lancer is a lancer! Thanks again for the update!

#155 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Don't they have a clean version of the Lancer? I don't want the blood...

#156 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:15 AM

is there any free shipping code that'll work with this?

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#157 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:44 AM

OK, they got me! I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition with Lancer and I got an extra Lancer just for chuckles!

#158 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:54 AM

OK, they got me! I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition with Lancer and I got an extra Lancer just for chuckles!

Wow. It looks cool, but dont way to much. With high gas prices and 9% unemployment rate, Im shocked people still going after these "collector" items.

It would be cool to turn the lancer into a paintball gun if possible...

#159 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

\\:D/ Has anyone pre-ordered the standard edition from Wal-Mart? Did you get the $20 gift card emailed to you yet? Does it work on any item, or is there a catch? Need answer!!!! \\:D/
Posted Image

#160 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

Wow. It looks cool, but dont way to much. With high gas prices and 9% unemployment rate, Im shocked people still going after these "collector" items.

Don't forget the fact that this is going to have an epic price drop in a few months. They seem to be making a ton of these.

#161 Setherial

Setherial

Angel of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:35 AM

to anyone who pre-ordered the lancer and epic edition, does it charge you the full $230+ right at the checkout or is it charged once both items ship? also is there a pre-auth hold put in place?

I'd like to put in my pre-order online but I don't have enough in my account until the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

#162 kvntwvlf

kvntwvlf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

Is the lancer made out of metal or plastic?

#163 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:49 AM

to anyone who pre-ordered the lancer and epic edition, does it charge you the full $230+ right at the checkout or is it charged once both items ship? also is there a pre-auth hold put in place?

I'd like to put in my pre-order online but I don't have enough in my account until the next 2 weeks. Thanks!

This is from the Gamestop website:

"Billing does not occur until shipment is processed."

So, they won't charge your credit card until they ship your item. Once your item is in their shipment processing stream, your card gets charged. I don't believe there is a pre-authorization hold put on your card.

I ordered the Limited Edition with the Lancer and I bought an extra Lancer.

#164 Setherial

Setherial

Angel of Death

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

This is from the Gamestop website:

"Billing does not occur until shipment is processed."

So, they won't charge your credit card until they ship your item. Once your item is in their shipment processing stream, your card gets charged. I don't believe there is a pre-authorization hold put on your card.

I ordered the Limited Edition with the Lancer and I bought an extra Lancer.

ahh awesome thanks! I just put in my order, now i have to go to the store near me and cancel my epic edition.

Thanks again!

#165 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:44 AM

No.

I think that response was for Serpentor - so they don't have a free shipping code right?

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#166 Mag215

Mag215

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:12 AM

Lancer for that much? Damn, i'll stick to a nerf gun or airsoft.
-------------------------
The Mischief Co

#167 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

IIRC, the original Lancer got battery issues (for sounds, the saw is not motorized). I remember some people actually got an "one time only" credit for the problem (Amazon orders), I think the credit was on individual basic, I remember one guy got a $50 credit from it (I offered to buy the Lancer from him, but he decided to keep it).

It's still a long wait anyway, so plenty of time to decide. Money is tight, so yeah, I don't know how some people got no issue buying a $200+ game. I know if I blow that kind of money on one game, I got nothing else for other games...

#168 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

OP is correct, there is no free shipping on the Lancer bundles or single Lancer. I purchased the Limited Bundle and an extra Lancer, my shipping for both was $8.99. I live in Oregon, so there is no sales tax.

Again, thank you OP for the great post! You made my day!!!!!!! I wanted the Lancer from Amazon for Gears 2, but found out about it too late. Too expensive on the secondary market. Glad I got in on this one.

#169 Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

I wish the Retro Lancer wasn't only available through gamestop

#170 shadow17x

shadow17x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

I'm still on the fence about this but I'll have to look what I can trade in towards credit for the lancer with limited edition purchase. You'd figure for close to $200 they'd throw in some free shipping or something. Also I'm pissed that Gamestop got one of the worst character DLC's in my opinion. Give me an afro wearing Cole in some pseudo disco alt any day!

#171 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Really wish I picked up one of the old lancers. Not really a fan of this new one.

#172 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

I think this new Lancer looks more realistic than the first one. Many comments on Amazon mentioned that once they got their Lancer, they saw how plastic it looked. It looked better from a distance. This new Lancer has the weathering and battle scaring which will give it a real look. More like a movie prop, than a toy replica.

#173 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

If you want a gold original Lancer, Amazon has them for $200 plus $25 shipping.

#174 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Well with 9% unemployment, 91/100 people still have jobs and are earning a wage... That's an awful lot of potential buyers out there still.

#175 S1LENT K1ILLA

S1LENT K1ILLA

TheChineseKilla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

I ordered the Lancer Bundle. I seriously doubt that edition will be available after launch. First game I dropped that much cash on. Time to sell some older stuff to make it hurt less

#176 Ianscloset

Ianscloset

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

I pre-ordered the EPIC Edition off of Amazon for $149.99 (No tax/ No Shipping)... but really want that Replica Lancer, which is a Gamestop Exclusive (which sucks... because I hate them).

Gamestop's EPIC Edition + Replica Lancer Bundle came out to $268.85 ($22.88 for Tax/ $15.99 in 2 Day Shipping)... so basically the Lancer is going to cost me $119. Ugh... I don't know what to do!

#177 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

It will be like Amazon you will get your $20 Gift Card after the game is shipped. I will add this to the OP because it is becoming a FAQ.

At Walmart.com you pay for the egift card upfront and get it immediately.

#178 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I still have my original Lancer from Gears 2 in the box. Never opened it and now I'm scheduled to move. I wonder if I should attempt to get rid of it first?

Kind of sad they're doing yet ANOTHER Lancer for 3. :-/
-Michael

Posted Image

#179 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

Thought I would add this as seen from the @Hooligunn twitter feed of the infected omen skins in the EE: http://yfrog.com/h8ejoulj

Pretty sure thats official and legit.

#180 jb0Ogi3

jb0Ogi3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:33 AM

I still have my original Lancer from Gears 2 in the box. Never opened it and now I'm scheduled to move. I wonder if I should attempt to get rid of it first?

Kind of sad they're doing yet ANOTHER Lancer for 3. :-/

If I were you I'd never open that bad boy and sell it in 25 years :D
Posted Image