Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1891 gamerguy73

gamerguy73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, I think I'll pick up Gears 3 soon.

Yes, I think you would. There is even a little movie on the disc that summarizes previous events in the series.

The controls are different than what you would be used to in say--an FPS. Much slower paced. Your actions/movements must be deliberate. That's what I really like about the game.

#1892 wolve

wolve

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks
ALSO CAGs in the #1 GROUP WE'RE LOSING TO TEH NUMBER 2 GROUP!! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP

LOL, maybe you should rename the groups so #2 is #1. ;)

#1893 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Anyone still waiting on the Mechanic Baird code to be emailed?

#1894 snowmint

snowmint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Best buy sent me a code online. What does this code unlock for me? I might give it to my cousin.

#1895 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Best buy sent me a code online. What does this code unlock for me? I might give it to my cousin.

mechanic baird for online mp. could i have lol :)

Posted Image

#1896 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

Anyone still waiting on the Mechanic Baird code to be emailed?

Finally just got mine PM'ed to my via BB forum...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#1897 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Got mine emailed to me finally by BB this morning - had it sold on ebay for $20 within 10 minutes. Plus already beat (never been a big Gear MP fan) and sold the game to a buddy for $50 and got $20 credit with it. All and all, a fun week with gears.

#1898 Chilly Chill

Chilly Chill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Am I supposed to get my Savage Kantus code emailed to me or something? I heard you were supposed to wait 2 days after your purchase from amazon.

#1899 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

Agreed. I among many others have been doing this for years. Sold my Baird code for $35 and my Adam Fenix code for $30 this time. Other stuff I've sold in the past includes the Gears 2 gold weapons codes (Hammerburst and Lancer), Little Big Planet pre-order costumes, Uncharted 2 gold weapons, ect. I've offset the cost of several of my games this generation using that method.

Oh, the Gold Lancer... because of you, the Hammerburst, and the Centaur tank from BB I think I was paid $10 for the LE of GOW2.

Am I supposed to get my Savage Kantus code emailed to me or something? I heard you were supposed to wait 2 days after your purchase from amazon.

You should have gotten it by now. For some reason I got mine at 3AM on 9/20 (release day)... check your junk mail?
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#1900 mrsteel74

mrsteel74

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

I haven't gotten my Savage Kantus codes either I ordered 2 copies one for myself and one for my son, nothing in my junk or regular email

#1901 wargod

wargod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

I haven't gotten my Savage Kantus codes either I ordered 2 copies one for myself and one for my son, nothing in my junk or regular email

If purchased from amazon contact customer service. I did and they emailed me the code directly.

#1902 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

In other news..... I ordered a journeys end marcus fenix figure from gamestop and i got it today in the mail and its the Toys R Us double pack of Fenix and Locust, it even has the TRU sticker on the front. WTF. Apparently this is bigger mess up than just my order too, because i see people posting about this on the epic forums.

Does it look like this one?

Posted Image

http://www.gamestop....nt-figure/92110

I thought I saw the TRU one in store a week ago, and I thought it was slightly different, but maybe I was wrong. Still, $15 for 2 Gears figures is a decent price.

#1903 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

I thought I saw the TRU one in store a week ago, and I thought it was slightly different, but maybe I was wrong. Still, $15 for 2 Gears figures is a decent price.

Yeah its that one, but mine actually has the silver TRU sticker in the middle. LOL. Personally i would rather have the correct figure, even though getting this pack for half price is nice. This is what the figure should look like.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1904 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

Yeah its that one, but mine actually has the silver TRU sticker in the middle. LOL. Personally i would rather have the correct figure, even though getting this pack for half price is nice. This is what the figure should look like.

Wow, yeah, that's a HUGE snafu. I don't know how you could confuse a 2 pack for a single figure.

That Marcus looks pretty sweet. I wonder if it will end up in stores.

#1905 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

So much for the exclusive Marcus figure. I already bought the 2 pack of figures and pre-ordered the Gamestop figure the day it was available for pre-order. They really need to fix this snafu and deliver the correct figure. I guess my new 2 pack will arrive tomorrow. Really, how can you sell toys that are exclusive to TRU at Gamestop? I hope it works out for everyone that bought one.

#1906 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

After weeks of Backorder Hell, my Gamestop Retro Lancer arrived today. Someday when I have a cool game room it will go on the wall with my Amazon Gears 2 Lancer lol.

P.S. Gamestop I still hate you, I only use you when I am forced to.

#1907 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Looks like Gamestop just pulled the action figure pack. It now shows as unavailable. Houston we have a problem...

#1908 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Still no Kantus... WTF.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#1909 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

I posted it in the BB 5/$100 pre-order thread, but if you haven't yet I would post in this thread on the BB forums about your missing Baird code:

http://forums.bestbu...ion/td-p/328560

After they gave me the run around for weeks via email on my missing Madden 12 code I posted there and they PM'd me both my Baird and Madden codes yesterday.

:bow:

I sent a PM to Mariel...she said she's about a day behind on getting the codes to people.

Thank you!

Just to update everyone here that hasn't gotten one. This is definitely the easy way to get one. Got my code PM'd this morning.

Thank you again GLOCKGLOCK!!!

---------------

Got my Savage Grenadier Elite code from Walmart along with the game today too. I really want to use it but it's still fetching ~$35 at eBay...I think I might have to sell it. :bomb:

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1910 BingoBrown

BingoBrown

Master Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

After weeks of Backorder Hell, my Gamestop Retro Lancer arrived today. Someday when I have a cool game room it will go on the wall with my Amazon Gears 2 Lancer lol.

P.S. Gamestop I still hate you, I only use you when I am forced to.

I know $100 is too much for me to blow on that Retro Lancer, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it. I was able to keep myself rational and not buy the Gears 2 Lancer, so hopefully I can do that again.

#1911 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

Picked up somebody's Retro Lancer Replica preorder at Gamestop. Had to do it at the local GS at my work though. All my coworkers gave me a weird ass look watching me lug that Lancer around the office. LOL

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#1912 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

Posted Image

I'd personally rather have these than the other one that was listed, not sure why everyone prefers that one. hoping this comes back in stock online

and I just sold off the Gears of War 3 limited edition contents for $60, and have listed the commando dom code at $20, if that sells I'll essentially have gotten Gears 3 for free. :)

#1913 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

Sorry if if already been answered:
How much am I gonna get if I sell my best buy and gamestop code? I've never sell anything on ebay and I just wanna if it secure and how much does they charge?
Real Men Make Twins

#1914 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

There's a trade thread for XBLM content. Please use that thread for your sell/buy/trade requests and don't litter this thread up with it.

#1915 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:12 AM

I think that a thread specific to Gears 3 might be good...even if temporary. Maybe a mod *wink wink nudge nudge* can create one on trade forum that's strictly to trade skin for skin, and nothing else. ;)

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#1916 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

ok so I ordered a copy from amazon for a friend (i have prime) and another buddy of mine wants gears from amazon too.

My question is this, it says there is a limit of 1 per household for the $20 promo credit but it still shows up at the top of the checkout page that my purchase qualifies for it. Will I still get it even though this would be my second gears purchase w/ them under the same account?

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#1917 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)
(Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?

#1918 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)
(Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?

Not sure, on my order it was

Controller - 40
Game - 40
Gift card - 20

But then again that was pre order when some of the items were not ready to ship? I believe i got my gift card right away, so if you havent gotten it in 24-48 hours then id worry.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1919 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

I love gamestop. I got an Email from them saying my order has been shipped and they gave me a tracking number. Why when I look for it usps.com says "there is no record of this Item"!

#1920 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

I love gamestop. I got an Email from them saying my order has been shipped and they gave me a tracking number. Why when I look for it usps.com says "there is no record of this Item"!

The USPS tracking system is crap. It won't update until maybe tonight, more than likely not until Monday.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?