Photo
- - - - -

Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1935 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Edition Will You Preorder (1096 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Edition Will You Preorder

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1921 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

The USPS tracking system is crap. It won't update until maybe tonight, more than likely not until Monday.

That email was from Wed. morn.

#1922 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

That email was from Wed. morn.

Unfortunately, that's not entirely surprising.
I hate GS as much as the next red-blooded gamer but I'm going to go with faulting the USPS.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#1923 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Actually, like my order, the tracking number link went to USPS, when in fact it was sent via UPS. It probably starts with a 1? Try tracking the number on the UPS site and im sure it will find your package.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png

#1924 deantjeep

deantjeep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

Okay, I just received an email from Gamestop regarding the Journey's end figure fiasco. They offered to let me keep the TRU 2 pack in place of their exclusive figure, which is delayed at the manufacturer, or I can return it, at their cost, and await the exclusive figure to arrive. I have opted to return the 2 pack, since I already have it and wait for the exclusive figure to arrive at Gamestop.com. They stated that it could take several months. An unfortunate mix up, but at least they are providing some options. I still want that cool Journey's End Marcus, I just have to wait...

#1925 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Actually, like my order, the tracking number link went to USPS, when in fact it was sent via UPS. It probably starts with a 1? Try tracking the number on the UPS site and im sure it will find your package.

If it's 1Z, it's UPS. Otherwise, probably not. Although it has been awhile since I worked there.

Happily have my Gears console up and running. Controllers are nice although I have yet to mess with them for 2d games that the improved D-pad is supposed to help with. Amazon didn't send me my Savage Kantus code but after a quick email to them, they provided me with one. Just need to finish the campaign alone and I can start messing around with other stuff in the game.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#1926 VAL@CAG

VAL@CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Well it seems since the thread got moved to another section - and also the game coming out - the thread has lost a bunch of 'action' that it used to have.
I've enjoyed it immensely and I thank the OP for keeping up with the thread and for everyone else that participated. Keep up the good deals on Gaming everyone! We'll see ya around the site!!!

#1927 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

If it's 1Z, it's UPS. Otherwise, probably not. Although it has been awhile since I worked there.

Happily have my Gears console up and running. Controllers are nice although I have yet to mess with them for 2d games that the improved D-pad is supposed to help with. Amazon didn't send me my Savage Kantus code but after a quick email to them, they provided me with one. Just need to finish the campaign alone and I can start messing around with other stuff in the game.

Yes it is a 1z number and yes it is shipping ups. not usps. well that's great. Thanks fellas

#1928 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

For all you guys trading DLC, how are you doing it? Can you suggest a safe way to do it without either side getting burned?

Well, just trade with a reputable person here on the forum. Since you have no feedback you will need to send the code first, but so long as you can trade with an upstanding forum member you have a small chance of being burned.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#1929 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Can someone post a screenshot of what the Best Buy Baird DLC code email looks like? (black out the code itself!) I think that's what the email I just received is for, but wanted to compare against someone else.

#1930 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Mine didnt mention baird at all just a generic code email mentioning Gears 3
Posted Image

#1931 Keen314

Keen314

CAGsiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

Mine didnt mention baird at all just a generic code email mentioning Gears 3

Thanks, that's what I got too.

#1932 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)
(Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?

So Walmart refuses to give me the $20 e-gift card saying that it was never on their webpage with that bundle. I even showed them the link to it.
Afterwards, they sent me this "we are writing to let you know that the Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* $20 eGift Card & Limited Edition Controller is Temporarily out of stock. We hope to have the item in stock again soon."

I just went and got it from Kmart, better deal. Just curious, I did pick up the controller and left the game at FedEx since it came in different packages. So when the game is returned, are they going to just refund me the $60 for the game and let me keep the controller at $40 based on the refundable amount on the receipt?

#1933 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

what every your receipt says they charged you for the game is what you will get back pls whatever tax!

#1934 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Wrong Thread.
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#1935 knightsmith

knightsmith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Everyone ready for the Nov 1st & Dec 13 DLC?

#1936 Stark Rhavyn

Stark Rhavyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

Everyone ready for the Nov 1st & Dec 13 DLC?

Almost, holding out a little longer on buying points in case there's a good deal.