Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/27/11 to 4/2/11)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

Anybody have thoughts on AC:B? Considering, but I see it being cheaper in a short amount of time like its predecessors were. Might just save it for summer.

Online is amazing. I personally love Hide and Seek type games (And stealthiness), but the story is meh.

And lol, they are camping out already? I know that one guy in New York got kicked out, but i didnt realize it had started yet
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

Online is amazing. I personally love Hide and Seek type games (And stealthiness), but the story is meh.

And lol, they are camping out already? I know that one guy in New York got kicked out, but i didnt realize it had started yet

I'm in NY and yes they are camping lol...saw them when I went in to check out 3DS accessories

#33 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Anybody know how the B1G $20 off select titles works?

For instance DA II is on sale for $50 so if I get Crysis 2 will DA II be $30? If so I'll just trade it in for 38, get the $10 GC for Crysis and then rebuy DA II since I have yet to beat it (and there's no other "select" titles on the list I want).

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#34 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

:wii: Wii Fit Plus bundle (game and board) with The Biggest Loser game $89

:360::ps3::pc: Crysis 2 $59.99

:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $59.99

:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 $49.99

:pc: Darkspore $49.99

Nintendo 3DS

3DS $249.99
3DS Starter Kit $29.99

$39.99 3DS games:
Asphalt 3D
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wards
Lego Star Wars III
Madden Football
Nintendogs & Cats
Pilotwings Resort
Rayman 3D
The Sims 3
Steel Diver
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Edited by Indiana Jones, 26 March 2011 - 07:11 PM.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#35 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Anybody know how the B1G $20 off select titles works?

For instance DA II is on sale for $50 so if I get Crysis 2 will DA II be $30? If so I'll just trade it in for 38, get the $10 GC for Crysis and then rebuy DA II since I have yet to beat it (and there's no other "select" titles on the list I want).

Last night I picked up Crysis 2($60), DAII($30) & Lego Star wars 3($40) for $130 plus the $10 giftcard & $10 RZ(500 bonus points for pre-order). Got the TRU $10 giftcard pm on Lego SW3 knocking the price to $40.

JSiggy
You can have pending points post directly to your account w/o waiting 30-35 days, just tell CS or send a pm to one of the BB reps on the BB forums page. Let them know you need the points to make another purchase or you won't be able to buy it. They'll do something that won't allow you to complete return fraud with the item(s) that are being posted though.

#36 threefiftyzzz

threefiftyzzz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

Pass.......
Posted Image

#37 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Good Lord... Why do they even waste paper on a "Sale" ad when everything is full price?!? Weird.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#38 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

One thing is for sure. No one is getting their 3DS from Target.

#39 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

One thing is for sure. No one is getting their 3DS from Target.

I probably will...I mean, no lines right?

#40 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Good Lord... Why do they even waste paper on a "Sale" ad when everything is full price?!? Weird.

They waste paper on their weekly advertisement. It is not an advertisement that is there to proclaim sales, but rather a vehicle for them to advertise certain products. Sometimes, that means putting items on sale to try to drive customers in the store. Other times, that means advertising that they are stocking certain items to make people want to come to the store. Of course, they will spin it like it is a good deal, every retailer tries to do so.

#41 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

They lose out on me no matter what they print... If it doesn't have a red clearance sticker on it, I don't buy it, anyway :)

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#42 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

fail

#43 Lonsta

Lonsta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

lol. All of the Target ads for the last month have been 98% 'full price' editions.

#44 pythoncancer

pythoncancer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

They want to prove they don`t cater only to mid class needs .This week is white boy edition

#45 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

They lose out on me no matter what they print... If it doesn't have a red clearance sticker on it, I don't buy it, anyway :)

I can't say I disagree with this. Clearance shopping is all I do for games at Target.

#46 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

But inside the store you'll see the signs that list the full price... AS ADVERTISED!!! ;)

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#47 loveangel

loveangel

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

no attraction , all of these are on full price :(

Games My life..8.gif

#48 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

so does that mean you can buy crysis 2 and get the $10 credit, and then use that towards bulletstorm, makin that $59.99 + $39.99 - 10 = $90"???

#49 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

Fail ad, fail thread title

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

forget it, they ship it to you, so its $20 off bullestorm and then they ship the $10 gift card to you in the mail later

#51 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

One thing missed:

:wii: Wii Fit Plus game and board + The Biggest Loser bundle $89

#52 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

A little late now, but yesterday I picked up Crysis 2 and DA II and they did give me DA for $30 (on sale for $50, save $20 with purchase of Crysis). I didn't want any of the other games in the list (already had and beat Bulletstorm) so I actually ended up trading in DA II for 38 and then buying it for 30.

233526.png

#53 BAMAJD

BAMAJD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:02 AM

Is the 360 wireless mic $39.99 in-store?

#54 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

I don't normally expect Target to have sales on games, their "target" (get it) shopper is female (no offense ladies), but when it seems like every other store - B&M or online - is offering some sort of discount or gift cards on 3DS games or accessories, well, somebody in marketing should probably be fired.

#55 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Is the 360 wireless mic $39.99 in-store?

Official store policy is to price match their own website. If you're scared they won't just print out the policy from the website showing that it specifically says that they match the own site.

233526.png

#56 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

Ordered the PS3/$75GC and Just Dance 2/Kids deals online after midnight last night for instore pickup.

... finally replacing my 60GB phat model.

#57 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Man am i pissed. Went to get 4 3DS games at Best Buy, the lady says she could match TRU's deal. Rang up as 110$ and some change, then she brings over the 2 10$ Gift Cards. RIGHT when i was handing her my cash, the manager swoops in and cancelled the sale, then tells me that she couldnt price match <_<.

Nearly walked out of the store, the only reason i didnt was because of how crowded my friend told me the TRU release was even before they opened. Needless to say, i said a few choice words to the manager, and told her i would no longer be a customer there. (I can see why this store has less than 2 star reviews now <_<)

Either way, after factoring in the gift card, i barely had to pay about 15$ more than i would have at TRU, but i saved on gas, so meh....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#58 OnettHero

OnettHero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

So this is the usual best buy bullshit?
Some stores will price match others won't?
All depends. Their policies blow, they refuse everytime I talk to customer service to issue me something concrete on what they price match.

Tempted to go after work for a couple 3ds games but I'm tired of fighting with them. They look at me like a criminal.

#59 deafcadet

deafcadet

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

They do have Batman Arkham Asylum for both the Xbox360 and the PS3, $10 off so now it is $19.99

#60 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:56 PM

After i left the store, i called EVERY store in the area (Even the ones that were 40+ miles away). They all said they dont PM deals that dont provide a solid price. The employee who told me she could PM just didnt know the rules.

Have to go on that side of town later this week, still gonna try PMing just for the hell of it.
Posted ImagePosted Image