Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1351 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

I just checked online, and the online price is indeed 17.99, while the instore price is listed at 26.99

I don't know about that.

I went into my GS yesterday and they sold me Just Cause 2 for $17.99 used. Even had the big red Power Saver sticker on it that said $17.99. Don't know if those are specially made for these sales, but it was $17.99 used.

My GS is like heaven compared to some of these GS you guys mentioned. Guy at the counter knew his games.

Edit: Crap, never mind. I forgot to check the "Applies for used too" in OP. I guess he was asking specifically for New Vegas.

Posted Image

#1352 W0lfRHart

W0lfRHart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

got 999 and SUGC both sealed

#1353 BobTheGamer

BobTheGamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

You all should buy 999 right now. One of the best DS games.

Also, what's the code for free shipping on their website? I want to buy Fallout: New Vegas for $19.99, but it's not part of the sale. >_>

#1354 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

Side note here:

Every major retailer has shitty employees. Wal-Mart has then, Best Buy has then, Target and so on. This is not a GameStop only problem. It happens everywhere.

One time at a Best Buy, I had an issue with a trade-in at one of their kiosks. The stupid machine could not recognize a DVD and it gave me back to me all scratched up and beat up. I talked to a manager who pretty much thought I was lying and told me to contact the vendor of the machine because that's not Best Buy responsibility. I called the 1-800# and had to deal with more shit. To make this short and sweet, I had a horrible experience at one Best Buy but don't associate that particular store with all Best Buy's around the country.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#1355 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

I went to a gamestop yesterday and bough Blur for $19.99 and Majin for $14.99. I did not see Mortal Kombat vs D.C. but did see Yakuza 3 for $19.99. Decided to go to a different gamestop to get Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had it, then by impulse wanted to buy Yakuza 3 and it was $39.98. I told the employee I saw it for $19.99 at such and such store and he took it upon himself to call and ask then. Except he ask them is it on the power saver deal? I told him is a price drop. But he said it was regular price $39.98 so I just decided to not get it.

I hand him Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and he immediately (as expected) ask me if I want to reserve Mortal Kombat the new one coming out April 19. I tell him no, he tells me how Mortal Kombat vs D.C. sucks and I should instead put the $9.99 into the new Mortal Kombat. I tell him no thanks. He then proceed to talk about how the creator of Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon? is ashamed of Mortal Kombat vs D.C. then ask his co-worker, "how much would you pay for this?" answer was, "$0.01 cent." Then he ask customers(around 20 in the store, 8ish paying attention), How much would you pay for this? which one proceed to say, "not even $0.01 cent."

I tell him I just want to buy it because it has DC personalities in it and my little cousin is a bit fan of that and we not big fans of Mortal Kombat, not to mention I pre-ordered Portal 2 in Amazon. He then decide to say, "You know what the creator of Mortal Kombat would do if he saw this game?" and he tosses the game on the floor. He says he cannot sell me that game, to use the money instead on pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. I ask to switch register to someone who could please. His Co-worker says, "I'm worse than him." They and now a few customers that join continue to pressure me into reserving and buying Mortal Kombat and not buy Mortal Kombat vs D.C. at which point I just had to walk out because there was nothing I could do.

They refused to sell me Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and attempted to bully me into pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. While I walk out, A employee says, "He will be back for the real Mortal Kombat."(meaning me). I am very tolerant person so I did not outburst in frustration, however I was extremely pissed off. I drove all the way to the other store I first went too, bough Yakuza 3 there for $19.99 and asked for Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had one copy used but it was in the back room so that is why I did not see it. I told them my problem with the other store, he apologized on their behalf(which means nothing really but is nice of him) I got my games and left.

This is the last time I go to that Gamestop. Unless you enjoy being embarrassed, and bullied into pre-ordering something, or being refused a service because in the employer opinion its not worth buying, I recommend you stay away from it.
GameStop - Mall 0141
2000 Cherry Hill Mall
Suite 1036
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

I find this story kind of hard to believe. You had me until the part about throwing your game case away and telling you he can't sell it to you.

If this IS true and you didn't immediately call their corporate offices in front of him, then you're not doing your job as a consumer. If I were treated like that, over a fucking game, you better believe that is the first thing I'd be doing.

#1356 ShadowWolf9

ShadowWolf9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Just came back from GameStop and had a great experience. My local GS has very polite and helpful employees.

Picked up DJ Hero 2 bundle, Just Cause 2, Enslaved, Fallout New Vegas CE.

#1357 deanabrown

deanabrown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

I went to a gamestop yesterday and bough Blur for $19.99 and Majin for $14.99. I did not see Mortal Kombat vs D.C. but did see Yakuza 3 for $19.99. Decided to go to a different gamestop to get Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had it, then by impulse wanted to buy Yakuza 3 and it was $39.98. I told the employee I saw it for $19.99 at such and such store and he took it upon himself to call and ask then. Except he ask them is it on the power saver deal? I told him is a price drop. But he said it was regular price $39.98 so I just decided to not get it.

I hand him Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and he immediately (as expected) ask me if I want to reserve Mortal Kombat the new one coming out April 19. I tell him no, he tells me how Mortal Kombat vs D.C. sucks and I should instead put the $9.99 into the new Mortal Kombat. I tell him no thanks. He then proceed to talk about how the creator of Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon? is ashamed of Mortal Kombat vs D.C. then ask his co-worker, "how much would you pay for this?" answer was, "$0.01 cent." Then he ask customers(around 20 in the store, 8ish paying attention), How much would you pay for this? which one proceed to say, "not even $0.01 cent."

I tell him I just want to buy it because it has DC personalities in it and my little cousin is a bit fan of that and we not big fans of Mortal Kombat, not to mention I pre-ordered Portal 2 in Amazon. He then decide to say, "You know what the creator of Mortal Kombat would do if he saw this game?" and he tosses the game on the floor. He says he cannot sell me that game, to use the money instead on pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. I ask to switch register to someone who could please. His Co-worker says, "I'm worse than him." They and now a few customers that join continue to pressure me into reserving and buying Mortal Kombat and not buy Mortal Kombat vs D.C. at which point I just had to walk out because there was nothing I could do.

They refused to sell me Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and attempted to bully me into pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. While I walk out, A employee says, "He will be back for the real Mortal Kombat."(meaning me). I am very tolerant person so I did not outburst in frustration, however I was extremely pissed off. I drove all the way to the other store I first went too, bough Yakuza 3 there for $19.99 and asked for Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had one copy used but it was in the back room so that is why I did not see it. I told them my problem with the other store, he apologized on their behalf(which means nothing really but is nice of him) I got my games and left.

This is the last time I go to that Gamestop. Unless you enjoy being embarrassed, and bullied into pre-ordering something, or being refused a service because in the employer opinion its not worth buying, I recommend you stay away from it.
GameStop - Mall 0141
2000 Cherry Hill Mall
Suite 1036
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

This is really disgusting behavior. I was seriously about to run over to my local Gamestop to buy God of War for PSP, but after reading this I changed my mind. There is no need to belittle someone especially over something so trivial. Even to think this is acceptable is ridiculous. I'm ready to file a complaint on your behalf.

#1358 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

How does this make sense again? You already have the DLC installed, and the game purchased, why buy it again?

I'm thinking long term here. That content is not guaranteed to always be available for download. It's also a one time used code. If I pay for something, I want to be able to use it anytime I want down the road, not only until they decide they don't want the content available online anymore.

#1359 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Looks like Enslaved is back up to $20 :/

#1360 Deathchamber

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:15 PM

Picked up fallout, borderlands and jc2. No luck with the fo:nv ce around here though.

#1361 JamesFerguson

JamesFerguson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

Stopped by another GameStop this morning and picked up a used copy of DJ Hero (Game Only) on Xbox. Everything went smoothly but when I got home and took the stickers off, I saw that there isn't a barcode on the case. It says "Not for Resale" so this probably came with a turntable at some point. Am I going to have an issue if I want to trade this in down the line?

#1362 mitnosi

mitnosi

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Stopped by another GameStop this morning and picked up a used copy of DJ Hero (Game Only) on Xbox. Everything went smoothly but when I got home and took the stickers off, I saw that there isn't a barcode on the case. It says "Not for Resale" so this probably came with a turntable at some point. Am I going to have an issue if I want to trade this in down the line?

Probably not if your trading it back into Gamestop, Amazon most likely wont take it though.

#1363 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Decided to splurge a little and got Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 and DJ Hero 2 Bundle too. I think that's enough for time being.

#1364 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

I don't know about that.

I went into my GS yesterday and they sold me Just Cause 2 for $17.99 used. Even had the big red Power Saver sticker on it that said $17.99. Don't know if those are specially made for these sales, but it was $17.99 used.

My GS is like heaven compared to some of these GS you guys mentioned. Guy at the counter knew his games.

Edit: Crap, never mind. I forgot to check the "Applies for used too" in OP. I guess he was asking specifically for New Vegas.

You mean me? Yeah, I was curious about the Just Cause 2 and Fallout GOTY price too.

I was hoping they would both be $17.99 so I could get them and Fallout New Vegas in the Buy 2 Get 1 deal.

Good to see at least one person got JC2 for that price in store. Now I know there is at least a chance of getting it for that price. Thanks for the info!

#1365 HORSEBORSE

HORSEBORSE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

the used games on Gamestop say MAY or MAY NOT include original case or manual? i want complete games. if i buy a used game like just cause 2 on gamestop what is the % chance of not recieving a complete game with manual and case? who here has bought used from them? do they just send me the disk in a crappy black case? or what????

#1366 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

the used games on Gamestop say MAY or MAY NOT include original case or manual? i want complete games. if i buy a used game like just cause 2 on gamestop what is the % chance of not recieving a complete game with manual and case? who here has bought used from them? do they just send me the disk in a crappy black case? or what????

If you get an incomplete one you can return it to a local store and swap it out. That is what I always do when I get incomplete games from online. :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#1367 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I find this story kind of hard to believe. You had me until the part about throwing your game case away and telling you he can't sell it to you.

If this IS true and you didn't immediately call their corporate offices in front of him, then you're not doing your job as a consumer. If I were treated like that, over a fucking game, you better believe that is the first thing I'd be doing.

I don't find the story too hard to believe. I worked for Hollywood Video and knew 2 guys that worked for Gamecrazy that would do the same if not similar stuff that Remnant mentioned. Seeing this done on people and having it done on me (before they knew I worked for the same company as them), I can believe his story. What I don't believe is he didn't complain to corporate or anything. I don't know...if somebody pissed me off, I would be mad and complain to their bosses or whoever was the higher up.

Sadly, I didn't see anything I liked during the sale. Store I went to had zero Borderlands. It was the only game I was slightly somewhat interested. Though, glad Yakuza 3 was mentioned being on sale. May pick that up instead.

#1368 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Grabbed a copy of Enslaved for the 360. Played it for about an hour and really enjoying it so far. The voice acting is fantastic and the use of emotion is really well done.

#1369 k321ut

k321ut

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

Went to a store looking for GoW III sealed and they said all copies were open and on the floor for the sale. I left and went to another store (Southpark Meadows in Austin, TX) and had no issues getting a sealed copy at the counter.

#1370 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

What I don't believe is he didn't complain to corporate or anything. I don't know...if somebody pissed me off, I would be mad and complain to their bosses or whoever was the higher up.

Anyone who has taken a marketing or customer service class will tell you that a vast majority of customers who've been wronged simply say nothing and never come back. If I'm not mistaken, its something like 96% of customers never complain and just never return. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't complain, but given the severity of the situation, it is definitely recommended that he does.

As for the Gamestops here in Ohio, I've never had an issue other than an employee trying to sell me a gutted game missing the manuals at full price, which I argued with them about how wrong that is. The Gamestop near my apartment has very nice employees and their manager Bob greets me by name and always chats with me about gaming.

#1371 Gixxer

Gixxer

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

I'm choosing between Borderlands and Just Cause 2 for PS3. Which would you guys recommend between the two?

#1372 fujimitsu

fujimitsu

I came to drink milk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

I'm choosing between Borderlands and Just Cause 2 for PS3. Which would you guys recommend between the two?

Borderlands is a fun co-op game. Not really that fun alone though IMO.

JC2 is a fun week or so of open world tomfoolery for one person.

#1373 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

I just got back from grabbing the only copy of Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom that they had. If it's even half as good as Enslaved was, it's well worth the price and then some.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#1374 ryanhaggan

ryanhaggan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

I got soo pissed reading that story. I'm a pretty cool dude, but man, that effing pissed me off. My adrenaline is flowing. I hope he finds comfort in knowing that the rest of us support him... cuz that must be a terrible feeling.

I myself had a few bad experiences at two different gamestops over absolutely nothing. Gamestop needs to hire non-video gaming people and simply hire people to provide excellent service, like Macy*s.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1375 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

If you can't get both because they are both great, I'd say if you are a more co-op online player, than get Borderlands, but more a solo experience, go with Just Cause 2.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1376 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

how much was your majin? i thought it was $15, but the guy at the counter gave me a new(gutted) copy with a power saver sale sticker that said $20, i was like, no thanks and took my fallout new vegas.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1377 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

The only part I don't get is why customers are siding with the employees to harass. That no one was taking his side was hard to believe. Everything else I believe though.

Nevetheless, follow the advice others gave and contact corporate. Chances are these people have a history of doing this so your voice could lead to their termination.

I personally had more problems with employees putting the right games in the right cases. But if you guys want real pushy and annoying reps, GNC is the king.

BTW, are new games gutted if you order them through Gamestop.com?

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#1378 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

My "new" copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes I ordered from their site had the case all bent up and the plastic wrap half torn off (and separated from the case), so I['d have to say, probably.

Haven't ordered online from them since. Just more evidence of their crap.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#1379 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

I've ordered a ton a new games from the website and never once got a gutted game.

I don't get this tired ass gutted talk. Aren't people bored repeating themselves in every GS thread? If they try to sell you a gutted game in-store, you can either ask for a sealed copy or, I know this sounds crazy, don't buy it. They're not forcing anyone to buy the game.

#1380 Duke

Duke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

Can't decide between Just Cause 2 and Fallout NV. Good thing this sale is so long, lots of time to consider lol