Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1381 pewpewpew

pewpewpew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

I've ordered a ton a new games from the website and never once got a gutted game.

I don't get this tired ass gutted talk. Aren't people bored repeating themselves in every GS thread? If they try to sell you a gutted game in-store, you can either ask for a sealed copy or, I know this sounds crazy, don't buy it. They're not forcing anyone to buy the game.

Actually if you're unlucky enough like myself you can get a gutted game from the online store. Even worse the game I got was in pretty bad condition. More like a used game with a NEW tag slapped onto it. Still, if you purchase online the stock is a lot higher than a single retail store so chances are you won't get one. I myself still order from here though. Just ordered me a copy of MK VS DC Universe. Still, the fact it gets brought up so much just goes to show how shady the practice is. If they would just sell these gutted copies as used, nobody would have any problems with this.

#1382 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

I went to a gamestop yesterday and bough Blur for $19.99 and Majin for $14.99. I did not see Mortal Kombat vs D.C. but did see Yakuza 3 for $19.99. Decided to go to a different gamestop to get Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had it, then by impulse wanted to buy Yakuza 3 and it was $39.98. I told the employee I saw it for $19.99 at such and such store and he took it upon himself to call and ask then. Except he ask them is it on the power saver deal? I told him is a price drop. But he said it was regular price $39.98 so I just decided to not get it.

I hand him Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and he immediately (as expected) ask me if I want to reserve Mortal Kombat the new one coming out April 19. I tell him no, he tells me how Mortal Kombat vs D.C. sucks and I should instead put the $9.99 into the new Mortal Kombat. I tell him no thanks. He then proceed to talk about how the creator of Mortal Kombat, Ed Boon? is ashamed of Mortal Kombat vs D.C. then ask his co-worker, "how much would you pay for this?" answer was, "$0.01 cent." Then he ask customers(around 20 in the store, 8ish paying attention), How much would you pay for this? which one proceed to say, "not even $0.01 cent."

I tell him I just want to buy it because it has DC personalities in it and my little cousin is a bit fan of that and we not big fans of Mortal Kombat, not to mention I pre-ordered Portal 2 in Amazon. He then decide to say, "You know what the creator of Mortal Kombat would do if he saw this game?" and he tosses the game on the floor. He says he cannot sell me that game, to use the money instead on pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. I ask to switch register to someone who could please. His Co-worker says, "I'm worse than him." They and now a few customers that join continue to pressure me into reserving and buying Mortal Kombat and not buy Mortal Kombat vs D.C. at which point I just had to walk out because there was nothing I could do.

They refused to sell me Mortal Kombat vs D.C. and attempted to bully me into pre-ordering Mortal Kombat the new one. While I walk out, A employee says, "He will be back for the real Mortal Kombat."(meaning me). I am very tolerant person so I did not outburst in frustration, however I was extremely pissed off. I drove all the way to the other store I first went too, bough Yakuza 3 there for $19.99 and asked for Mortal Kombat vs D.C. They had one copy used but it was in the back room so that is why I did not see it. I told them my problem with the other store, he apologized on their behalf(which means nothing really but is nice of him) I got my games and left.

This is the last time I go to that Gamestop. Unless you enjoy being embarrassed, and bullied into pre-ordering something, or being refused a service because in the employer opinion its not worth buying, I recommend you stay away from it.
GameStop - Mall 0141
2000 Cherry Hill Mall
Suite 1036
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

what was teh guys name? ill tellgamestop.com about this i dont care and im sure people on here will too. assuming this story isnt 100% fake

#1383 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

how much was your majin? i thought it was $15, but the guy at the counter gave me a new(gutted) copy with a power saver sale sticker that said $20, i was like, no thanks and took my fallout new vegas.

$14.99, PS3 version. Apparently they've developed an even worse trend here. They gut them, then when you buy them, they throw the sleeve in the case and then seal it with a sticker that's a pain in the ass to get off and leaves a messy sticky residue on the case. I asked why the new sticker was there and he said it's so I can return it as "unopened". I laughed at him and left.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#1384 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

15, eh ill still wait. yeah i hate the stickers. nice new vegas covers had unpeelable sticker mess on them, oh well flippd them anyway...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1385 rey6eric

rey6eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

Picked up:
DJ Hero 2 (29.99)
Borderlands goty(19.99)
Fallout 3 goty (19.99)
Majin(14.99)
Enslaved(14.99)
Fallout NV (used+PUR...16.19)

I feel dirty for having spent so much in one sale but hopefully they're enjoyable. I got sealed, ungutted games because I have a great GS by me.

#1386 Lock1454

Lock1454

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:55 PM

Just swung by my local GS and picked up a 360 copy of Borderlands. Was one of the last 2 copies and was gutted - everything was in good condition and it was the DLC on disc copy so I was fine with it.

I'm noticing some people mentioning FO:NV in throughout the thread and went to check the site to see it priced at $20 - but when I look at the OP I don't see it listed? Is this some sort of bug/error on the site or an omission from the OP?

#1387 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:09 PM

I had a friend that I told about the Borderlands GOTY going on sale, and he went there on the 31st. The employees told him there wasnt gonna be any sale (him and our other friend thought I was being April Fools by Gamestop). So he bought it for $40. Whatever Gamestop.

Im done with my credit there and probably gonna get rid of a few more games at Best Buy, grab a Borderlands GOTY for $10 after my Powerups Reward coupon and be done with Gamestop for awhile, unless that Fallout New Vegas TIV holds at Best Buy then i might trade some cheaper games in and flip it at Best Buy.

#1388 Rollett

Rollett

For Love and Peace!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:12 PM

Man, First off that story has to be bogus.. gamestop would fire that staff so quick they couldn't even see straight. Other then that i picked up borderlands PS3 DLC on disc copy, Happy camper here.

#1389 JimmyJim

JimmyJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:34 PM

picked up a seal copy of atelier rorona LE and majin. Majin was on the shelf with a 29.99 sticker and not a single copy in the power sale bin. Took it up to the counter to tell them that it was part of power sale and they check'd the computers and tag'd a 14.99 sticker on it. If it werent for this site, i would have never known. Thanks CAGs!

#1390 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

no 50% trade or B2G1F, so I power traded Killzone3 and DS2 for MK to get the 35% ($68.85) will cancel later. Picked up last copy of Fallout new vegas 3 CE for 29.99 so not a bad deal put rest on card.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1391 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

Caved and bought DJ Hero 2, I had been waiting to get a good deal on it. Also, my friend couldn't find any New Vegas CE.

#1392 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

Anyone who has taken a marketing or customer service class will tell you that a vast majority of customers who've been wronged simply say nothing and never come back. If I'm not mistaken, its something like 96% of customers never complain and just never return. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't complain, but given the severity of the situation, it is definitely recommended that he does.

As for the Gamestops here in Ohio, I've never had an issue other than an employee trying to sell me a gutted game missing the manuals at full price, which I argued with them about how wrong that is. The Gamestop near my apartment has very nice employees and their manager Bob greets me by name and always chats with me about gaming.

I graduated in Business school, and good customer service was something that was run into the ground daily. It's why you see so much love for amazon, even if it were an issue that would normally make you mad elsewhere. It's also one of the reasons circuit city went under, some of the worst CS you can imagine. It wasn't the main reason, but it did play a factor. Remember when they would have price wars with best buy on black Friday? At least BB has halfway decent CS.

Gamestop I think would be fair about that issue. They get a lot of deserved hate, but without them we wouldn't have the other trade in programs everywhere else. They are a business, just like everywhere else trying to make a profit, they could do a lot though differently and keep their customers coming back.

#1393 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:02 PM

douchebag GS lovr:
helpful advice:

it WAS in stock. THE CHIPS AND CARDS WERE MISSING. ~_~ (Definitely MY FAULT apparently)

I asked (because the box looked beat up) if it was new, employee shrugged yeah, verbatim: "brand new, never opened". At the VERY last second he asked the other employee if they were holding it for someone, if it were special or something, and the other employee told him that it was missing parts. So basically the first employee lied to my face.

Jesus Christ, I can't believe there are so many gamestop white knights in here...
TRY READING THE ENTIRE POST NEXT TIME. KTHNXBAI

EDIT: WHAT A GREAT APRIL FOOL'S DAY. THEY GOT ME GOOD. CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS ACTUALLY EXPECTING TO GET SOMETHING GOOD OUT GS. OH HO HO, THEY WON'T GET ME NEXT YEAR.

u mad?

I hate Gamestop personally, but apparently you can't read. I absolutely hate their whole selling used as new scheme, but I was responding to your bitching about inventory tracking not the Fallout CE. How's about you calm down and actually read the entire post next time?

#1394 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

How is II Sturmovik: Birds of Prey?

mer71.jpg

#1395 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:09 PM

Picked up Majin PS3...had $10 coupon from PUR so it was $5. Gutted but the guy was nice enough to take all the stickers off of it.

#1396 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:15 PM

If anyone's considering getting DJ Hero, I say go for it. I got the game this morning (I bought the turntable in store and ordered a used version on Gamestop.com since it's cheaper and since it's in Texas, I get it literally next day).

For the first few hours I didn't like it, a lot of the songs sucked, but some of the mixes with favs like Daft Punk and Queen and Gorillaz are definitely worth it.

#1397 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

So there's a B2G1F sale next week... that sucks. There's a couple of PS2/GC games I want for the B2G2F sale in two weeks but they might sell out due to the B2G1F.:-k

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#1398 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

Got GoWIII. The GameStop employee was beyond awesome. He told me straight up what I'd be getting with Borderlands (glad I didn't buy), chatted with me, expertly removed the stickers from my used copy of GoWIII without me asking, also checked if there were any costume DLC vouchers left without me asking (sadly there weren't). He was an all around really fun guy.

He asked me what games I was looking forward to, and I mentioned Alice: Madness Returns expecting him to not really know it like most, but in fact he's looking forward to it as well as playing the first game for the first time and loving it. He mirrored my opinion of how the first game needs re-released, and how sad that the sequel doesn't seem to be getting a big push. Finally we capped things off on how poor some used copies are and how anyone can treat games like they do.

I'm going exclusively to this location from now on. My only regret is I didn't get his name for info. These are the people that other employees should model themselves after.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#1399 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

Love hearing when people get good workers.

I usually get the douchebag who gets angry at me for not pre-ordering.

Last night though I got some chick who was pretty laid back and just casually asked if I wanted PUR+ (I don't go to GS enough to justify it), I said no, she's like cool, and then compliments my Mass Effect hoodie :applause:

#1400 TMD121

TMD121

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

I go to the same GameStop in my area all the time. Only picked up Enslaved and 999 so far.

They only had 2 copys of 999, so they were both gutted and in the bin. I'd figured I'd get Enslaved the same way as well, but even without me asking, the associate pulled out a sealed copy for me.

Still going to pick up a few more things soon, like Qubed (I want to play Rez again), and Majin seems to be popular too.

And LittleBigPlanet for PSP 12.99 is a good deal.

#1401 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

**Update 3: 4-2-11: The 50% and B2G1 should be happening next week.

So this would start on Sunday, then? Or is it a Tuesday thing like releases?

#1402 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hopefully people are sending in price matchs to Amazon. Is 999 the only game amazon matched? Really hoping for borderlands. I refuse to buy a gutted copy.
Posted Image

#1403 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

I'm surprised you guys are having a hard time finding Borderlands... this version just came out, and it's the first day of the sale.

I went to a GS in downtown Boston and there were literally 10+ copies on the shelves, sealed.

No luck on finding NGS2 though... may have to go online for it, but hopefully Amazon matches.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#1404 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:04 AM

Got GoWIII. The GameStop employee was beyond awesome. He told me straight up what I'd be getting with Borderlands (glad I didn't buy), chatted with me, expertly removed the stickers from my used copy of GoWIII without me asking, also checked if there were any costume DLC vouchers left without me asking (sadly there weren't). He was an all around really fun guy.

He asked me what games I was looking forward to, and I mentioned Alice: Madness Returns expecting him to not really know it like most, but in fact he's looking forward to it as well as playing the first game for the first time and loving it. He mirrored my opinion of how the first game needs re-released, and how sad that the sequel doesn't seem to be getting a big push. Finally we capped things off on how poor some used copies are and how anyone can treat games like they do.

I'm going exclusively to this location from now on. My only regret is I didn't get his name for info. These are the people that other employees should model themselves after.

What did he say to convince you that Borderlands wasnt a good purchase?

#1405 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

Went into GameStop today and picked up 9 Hours, 9 persons, 9 Doors (new, not gutted) and Blazblue: Continuum Shift (used but was in immaculate condition). Was going to pick up Borderlands GOTY :360: also but they had just sold the last copy to the guy that was ahead of me. The cashier was very polite which was surprising.

I still can't believe how good of shape Blazblue is, if I didn't know any better I would've thought it was new.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1406 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

What did he say to convince you that Borderlands wasnt a good purchase?

How about "it's fun for a bit but then it's the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.."?

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#1407 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

Think I'm done with this sale unless some new titles get magically added.

Was able to get:
Posted ImageSam & Max 2 (:cry:where's the love CAG)
Posted ImageBorderlands GOTY
Posted ImageFO: nv c.e.
Posted Image DJ turntable only
Posted ImageStarcraft II guide

Sam & Max was gutted, to be expected when it was the only copy the store ever got in. The turntable was perfect for me since I have a copy of DJ1 which I got on clearance from Target.

And even though I already had Borderland and FO for Posted Image, picked up those titles so as to replay thru on the Posted Image. For whatever reason, I've found myself double-dipping on a bunch of titles this generation. Only good thing is that thanks to CAG, I've never paid more than the original MSRP of one copy

I'm choosing between Borderlands and Just Cause 2 for PS3. Which would you guys recommend between the two?

Both are great games. Borderlands is more of an FPS Diablo-like game where Just Cause 2 is the open sandbox game that gives you a super-fantastic futuristic parachute to just mess around with. Tons of gameplay with either game

Can't decide between Just Cause 2 and Fallout NV. Good thing this sale is so long, lots of time to consider lol

If you're looking for JC2 on the Posted Image, know that some Big Lots have it for $20.88. That's where I got it during their last Friends & Family event so I ended up paying around 17.xx (with the 20% discount). Might make the choice easier knowing that JC2 should be easier to find at the $20 range than FO: nv

#1408 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

Hopefully people are sending in price matchs to Amazon. Is 999 the only game amazon matched? Really hoping for borderlands. I refuse to buy a gutted copy.

This. I can't believe Amazon hasn't matched this sale yet.

#1409 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:27 AM

I hate gutted copies!!! Just sayin. :) They should not be able to sale them as "new." That could be their next law suit.
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#1410 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:29 AM

Traded in MW2 PS3, Borderlands GOTY PS3, and Marvel: UA 1 Wii for Borderlands GOTY 360 (new and sealed). With the 50% Trade-In promo coming up soon I'm debating whether to trade in Epic Mickey now or later (I've been burning through that game lately).