Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1411 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

Is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 12.99 in store? And is it only the PS3 version thats 12.99?

#1412 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:41 AM

Is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift 12.99 in store? And is it only the PS3 version thats 12.99?

Yes to both. My copy was marked at $26.99 but when I took it to the counter it rang up as $12.99.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1413 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:43 AM

Yes to both. My copy was marked at $26.99 but when I took it to the counter it rang up as $12.99.

So its only the PS3 version thats on sale?

#1414 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

So its only the PS3 version thats on sale?

Yeah.

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#1415 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hmm... I'm starting to think I should have just waited for the 50% when I traded in some games yesterday. >_> Bleh. If the B2G1F is next week, might have to pick up DJ Hero 2, Nier and uhh... something else.

#1416 wune

wune

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

Hmm... I'm starting to think I should have just waited for the 50% when I traded in some games yesterday. >_> Bleh. If the B2G1F is next week, might have to pick up DJ Hero 2, Nier and uhh... something else.

At least you're not FireWarrior.

Traded in MW2 PS3, Borderlands GOTY PS3, and Marvel: UA 1 Wii for Borderlands GOTY 360 (new and sealed). With the 50% Trade-In promo coming up soon I'm debating whether to trade in Epic Mickey now or later (I've been burning through that game lately).

#1417 TheCITADEL

TheCITADEL

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:51 AM

I hate gutted copies!!! Just sayin. :) They should not be able to sale them as "new." That could be their next law suit.

I feel you bro. I bought the Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360and simply assumed they would have the damn 3D glasses in there but it didn't. If they're going to gut the damn copies then they should have the damn decency to make sure everything is in there. The GS I went to is like 20 minutes from my house on the street and there are several closer but I hate that I would almost have to go back to that one to get the glasses. I'll check out the closer ones and explain the situation to see if they could just give me the glasses (I'll take the game as well as the receipt). If they don't, I'll just simply return the game and buy another copy.

As for this customer service story, it's difficult to believe. I can't believe that an employee would say and do something like that while other employees encourage that. It's even more difficult to believe that other customers would continue the behavior. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

#1418 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:03 AM

How about "it's fun for a bit but then it's the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.."?

So youd get a button-masher? I was gonna add to my post that the only negative thing I can say about Borderlands is that it isnt wasnt very fun by yourself. God of War 3 is fun but its not that impressive. IDK, i got 2 used copies from BBV for 15, so maybe thats part of it too.

I mean he can play what he wants, I was just curious as to what he said to push him towards not getting it.

#1419 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

At least you're not FireWarrior.

Yeah I do just that only to come home and see that the promo is coming next week. *smacks head. Oh well can't win them all.

#1420 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

I want to buy something really bad at this sale, but there's just not much there for me. I already own Borderlands and some DLC. Only thing that sort of gets my attention is Just Cause 2, but it's sort of silly when it had already been taken down to $20 used and was put back up. Now it's $18 used in a huge sale. Pffft.

I have a few games I can trade in, but they have one of the worst trade deals I've seen in a long time going on and even with the bonus I'd be getting Best Buy beats out their TiV's. What sucks is I got some of the games at GS and they are incomplete so I'd have to trade them back in there.... Sigh.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1421 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

What did he say to convince you that Borderlands wasnt a good purchase?

That to have a good time you need friends. I'm a loner and not a huge multiplayer fan.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#1422 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

Guys, does the Saints Row Double Pack come with a manual? Or literally like one little insert? I didn't bother to ask.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#1423 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

Guys, does the Saints Row Double Pack come with a manual? Or literally like one little insert? I didn't bother to ask.

Someone else here said it didn't come with a manual, just a link to where you can download it. He mentioned the link was bad and provided valid ones.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1424 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

Got a used 999 for $18. Last one.

#1425 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

That to have a good time you need friends. I'm a loner and not a huge multiplayer fan.

Ok that makes sense and Id agree with that. It wasnt some attack or anything, I was just curious.

#1426 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

The game's fun playing with others. REAL fun with others. I found it more fun when I played solo, though. At the least, it's not any less fun if you play it by yourself than it is to play in a full group.
Posted Image

#1427 luxuria

luxuria

Don't Forget Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:01 AM

Got a used 999 for $18. Last one.

Only 18 bucks? o_o I think I've found my 3rd game for next week.... Luckily, the Gamestop I go to apparently doesn't get many gamers that play games like 999, Deathsmiles, etc. Hell, I'm the only one that's reserved Record of Agarest War Zero at the store. >>

As for Borderlands: It's a fun game by yourself that's for sure. Playing with friends just adds to the experience, especially when fighting for loot! :bouncy:

#1428 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:02 AM

How is II Sturmovik: Birds of Prey?

If you enjoy combat flight games, you will enjoy this game. Definitely worth a pickup at that price.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1429 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Only 18 bucks? o_o I think I've found my 3rd game for next week

In-store price on GS.com has it at 29.99 used. Online price is $19.99. I'm guessing the Web site is wrong and it's $18 in-store with PUR.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1430 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:28 AM

what was teh guys name? ill tellgamestop.com about this i dont care and im sure people on here will too. assuming this story isnt 100% fake

Since everyone here was insisting I go to that website and tell them. I went ahead and did that earlier today. Sorry I was at work and could not reply. It is not fake. I hope they had cameras and could witness it. At this point, I don't really care what happens, action or not I refuse to visit that particular store. Thanks everyone who listen to my little rant from this sale. I'm still surprised about the event that occur, I never even consider that a possibility. I got everything I wanted from a different store so I did not lose anything, but the entire ordeal was absolutely ridiculous. At any rate, I took care of it as far as I could and I appreciate everyone's comment and interest in my unfortunate experience.

#1431 mm2barry

mm2barry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:40 AM

Picked up Majin and Borderlands GOY. Not a bad price at all on either. I've been hitting up Gamefly for a while now, but it's good to see GS have a sale every now and again
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
Gen. George S. Patton

#1432 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

Glad my gamestop experience was good. Went in looked around for borderlands. Saw a gutted copy but I continued to browse at other games. One of the employees came up to me and asked did I need help. I answered back "Do you have a sealed copy of borderlands for the ps3?" Looks at drawer, 4 brand-spanking new copies and I leave a happy customer. Btw how is Blazblue: CS? I'm not sure whether or not to get it.

#1433 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

How about "it's fun for a bit but then it's the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.."?

Well I had a total blast with Borderlands all the way through. It was a lot of fun. Very creative world to play in, and the RPG elements were cool.

I'm glad nobody talked me out of playing Borderland, it's one of my favorite games of the last few years..
Posted Image

#1434 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:44 AM

I just bought borderlands, I also asked for a sealed copy and he said no, they are all gutted. I had called earlier during the day to put a hold on, and the guy on the phone said, "brand spanking "new" copy with your name on it now". I went and told them my name, "Yeah, there all gutted".

#1435 technole

technole

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

Yeah, one should not miss out on Borderlands. The best RPG shooter to come out in years. The Knoxx DLC is still #1 on my list of all-time best DLC values.

technole.png

#1436 tuklaw

tuklaw

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

Just got AC2, Fallout3 GOTY and GOW3 all for 17.99 each used minus edge card bonus. Pretty sweet deal!

#1437 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:51 AM

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE is down to 60 bux at GS.

#1438 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

I feel you bro. I bought the Batman: Arkham Asylum for the 360and simply assumed they would have the damn 3D glasses in there but it didn't. If they're going to gut the damn copies then they should have the damn decency to make sure everything is in there. The GS I went to is like 20 minutes from my house on the street and there are several closer but I hate that I would almost have to go back to that one to get the glasses. I'll check out the closer ones and explain the situation to see if they could just give me the glasses (I'll take the game as well as the receipt). If they don't, I'll just simply return the game and buy another copy.

Target also has Batman for 19.99, and you're pretty much guaranteed to get it sealed.

#1439 visceralentity

visceralentity

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

i got gutted copies of fallout3 goty and borderlands goty -- what should i look for that could be missing or is there really no difference?

#1440 Jonsoncao

Jonsoncao

Teh Professor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

any chance amazon matches the prices of those games?
Posted Image