Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1441 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:57 AM

Glad my gamestop experience was good. Went in looked around for borderlands. Saw a gutted copy but I continued to browse at other games. One of the employees came up to me and asked did I need help. I answered back "Do you have a sealed copy of borderlands for the ps3?" Looks at drawer, 4 brand-spanking new copies and I leave a happy customer. Btw how is Blazblue: CS? I'm not sure whether or not to get it.

I just picked up BB:CS and am having a lot of fun with it. After playing so much SSF4, it's nice to play a game that's different from it. I got the 360 version yesterday (and as I'm sure you know, it's not on sale for the Xbox) and don't regret it. It's used so if anything you can always just return it. ^^

#1442 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

any chance amazon matches the prices of those games?

I would like to know that also. Amazon doesn't charge tax so I prefer it over pretty much any B&M store.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#1443 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:19 AM

picked up Blaz Blue: CS, Borderlands GOTY, and Ninja Gaiden for $18 after tax

I traded in The Saboteur, RE5, and Sega Genesis Collection along with 4 old ass ps2 games I forgot I had and got the 30% bonus

#1444 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:20 AM

I've noticed besides Black friday, and some other holiday's, Amazon.com doesn't change it's prices until price matches someone, all they do is price match for games. Which isn't bad but when they don't, it's a bummer, since I'm a Amazon customer. Yeah you save on new games because they are always 54.99 or 56.99, but games that are past, don't go on sale unless Bestbuy or Walmart has a sale.

#1445 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeja Posted Image
What did he say to convince you that Borderlands wasnt a good purchase?

How about "it's fun for a bit but then it's the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over.."?

I agree with the employee. It is a fun game, but basically the guns and enemies are always in the same spot, so the game doesn't change much.

#1446 urallgyots

urallgyots

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeja Posted Image
What did he say to convince you that Borderlands wasnt a good purchase?

I agree with the employee. It is a fun game, but basically the guns and enemies are always in the same spot, so the game doesn't change much.

its worth it for $20 and 30 hours of gameplay. Anyone can sell it and get most of their money back

EDIT: I had put Devil Summoner 2 up on amazon for $17.95 and no one bought it for the longest time to the point that I forgot I even had it up there. I traded that game in to gamestop for $6 today and right afterwards I go to amazon to take it down. What do I see? Someone finally bought the game

ridiculous

#1447 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:34 AM

Before I pick up Batman I wanted to know did they ever release a non-GH GOTY version? Or are all the GOTY versions GH?

#1448 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

Before I pick up Batman I wanted to know did they ever release a non-GH GOTY version? Or are all the GOTY versions GH?

Yes and no.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53e6d47245

Edited by salty tbone, 03 April 2011 - 03:38 AM.
Changed link from PH to GH

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1449 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:38 AM

I have one for PS3 and its non-GH.

#1450 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:38 AM

I picked up FO3 GOTY, Batman GOTY, and Majin all for 360. And my batman came with the 3d glasses.

#1451 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

I have one for PS3 and its non-GH.

Yes and no.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53e6d47245

Thanks, guess I'm stuck waiting for a non-gh goty for ps3 to pop up cheap on ebay :(

Edited by jimbodan, 03 April 2011 - 04:09 AM.

#1452 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

I notice that gamestop online has two prices for Borderlands. One is 19.99 New and 39.99 New. What's the deal here?

19.99 version
http://www.gamestop....-the-year/90137

39.99 version
http://www.gamestop....r-edition/84164

My wife is visiting her parents and was going to drop by and pick up a copy. Gamestops' online site says they have copies at nearby stores. Will they give her the sale price?

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#1453 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

Does anyone know if when the b2g2 free games start, if I could use a coupon in the B&M stores?

#1454 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

Thanks, guess I'm stuck waiting for a non-gh goty for ps3 to pop up cheap on ebay :(

Absolutely moronic. You can get a sealed copy (Target) for $20 and if you are going to play it who cares? Guess you can miss out on one of the better action games of the last few years.

#1455 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:14 AM

wow so many posts. I'll have to skim it since my last post, but i waned to ask something. I saw it covered how to check if your copy of boarderlands GOTY was the one with the DLC on the disk instead of the code... for the 360, but how can you tell for the PS3? I think i remember reading something about how to check by looking at the disk. But I found a sealed copy for the PS3 at a different GS and got it there. I have the 360 version which i liked until the ending (or non ending.. completely pissed me off! i never played it after that) But i figured for 20 bucks it may be worth checking out.

Im looking at the cover and it just says
Complete Collection:
Boarderlands Game
All 4 add-on packs
Foldout pandora map

the back mentions that the add on game content requires 4.41 GB of storage space

How can i make sure this is the version with the actual DLC on the disk and NOT DLC codes? I hate dealing with DRM bs with DLC

Side note.. yeesh thats a lot of HD space. I dont think i have the room for that on my old fatty ps3

Absolutely moronic. You can get a sealed copy (Target) for $20 and if you are going to play it who cares? Guess you can miss out on one of the better action games of the last few years.

why is that moronic? Because the guy doesn't want a greatest hits game? I could call you moronic for insulting his personal choice in how he wants to spend his money. I agree with him, platinum/GH versions are weak. I never buy a greatest hits/platinum hits version unless its a game i dont give 2 craps about. Some of us are collectors and dont want that tacky looking garbage in our collections

#1456 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:18 AM

sorry for asking since it seems kinda stupid, but idk how these sales at GS work, r the games marked "new" sealed and actually "new"? or r they opened and "gutted"?

#1457 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

sorry for asking since it seems kinda stupid, but idk how these sales at GS work, r the games marked "new" sealed and actually "new"? or r they opened and "gutted"?

Depends on the store.

#1458 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

like lux said it depends on the store, but it seems like the majority have gutted a lot of their games. Any gamestop you go to leaves you running the risk of this. They somehow consider a game they opened, threw stickers on and let sit and get all filthy exactly the same as one that is factory sealed.. its stupid as hell

The only way to know for sure is go in and see physically what they have. Open and used games that they claim are 'new' are pretty easy to spot. Plus you'll see them try to reseal them (and promptly tell you that YOU cant open it or its no longer new.... i guess that privlage applies to only them)

#1459 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:24 AM

wow so many posts. I'll have to skim it since my last post, but i waned to ask something. I saw it covered how to check if your copy of boarderlands GOTY was the one with the DLC on the disk instead of the code... for the 360, but how can you tell for the PS3? I think i remember reading something about how to check by looking at the disk. But I found a sealed copy for the PS3 at a different GS and got it there. I have the 360 version which i liked until the ending (or non ending.. completely pissed me off! i never played it after that) But i figured for 20 bucks it may be worth checking out.

Im looking at the cover and it just says
Complete Collection:
Boarderlands Game
All 4 add-on packs
Foldout pandora map

The version with DLC on the disc will say "All 4 add-on packs"

The version with a single use download code will say "Voucher for all 4 add-on packs", or something like that. Emphasis on "Voucher"

I should note, this is what it says on the game case. Not sure if it the verbiage on the discs is different for each version.

#1460 dypaehc

dypaehc

ssA paehC daeH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:28 AM

If you saw the picture of the 360 ADD-ON CONTENT DISC earlier in this thread, that's how the PS3 disc looks somewhat. It says GAME & ADD-ON CONTENT DISC, and shows the 4 logos of the DLCs. It's pretty sweet actually. It gives you a 'Bonus Content' option right below the game on the XMB, you click it, and there's the 4 DLCs, as if you downloaded them from the Store and were waiting to install them...

(I was lucky to get a sealed copy from GS yesterday.)

#1461 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

I notice that gamestop online has two prices for Borderlands. One is 19.99 New and 39.99 New. What's the deal here?

I'm not positive, but I think the GOTY version that comes with the DLC on a second disc has a different SKU/UPC. The 39.99 is the original GOTY with the voucher I believe (even though the cover art the Web site uses is the new version).
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#1462 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

k thanks guys, guys i'll have to go get some money and hit up a GS store, if i cant find a legit sealed one, won't have to use my money :D

#1463 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

The version with DLC on the disc will say "All 4 add-on packs"

The version with a single use download code will say "Voucher for all 4 add-on packs", or something like that. Emphasis on "Voucher"

I should note, this is what it says on the game case. Not sure if it the verbiage on the discs is different for each version.

does this one have it on the Disc? Cause if it doesn't, return!
https://mail.google....9786175488-2

https://mail.google....9786175488-1

#1464 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:45 AM

oh, and another question, i was looking at GS return policy, I can return them if i have an issue wit them? esp the opened "new" ones? those would still be "new"?

#1465 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

Came back from gamestop, got Enslaved sealed :D

#1466 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

I grabbed DJ Hero 2 for 360 and Qubed. I think I'm whiter than I thought; suck at DJ2, but pretty good at these puzzle games.

ach.png

#1467 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Here's the :ps3: version with voucher cover looks like, sorry I could not rotate the image, the picture was taken on my phone.

Edited by gxer2002, 03 April 2011 - 05:09 AM.
resize

:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1468 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:58 AM

oh, and another question, i was looking at GS return policy, I can return them if i have an issue wit them? esp the opened "new" ones? those would still be "new"?

you can't return "new" if its been opened (breaking the stupid circle sticker they slap on for gutted games) only exchange for the same item. If the sticker is still intact and not "opened" then you can return the game within 30 days i believe. Used games you have 7 days to return.
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1469 Tophat666

Tophat666

Big Bear with Top Hat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:11 AM

I picked up another DJ Hero Controller(360), Borderlands GOTY(360), & Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, thanks OP for the heads up on the sale. It made my Friday perfect.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1470 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

The Borderlands GOTY in my store has the two disc box, but it also says requires 4 something GB's of space.

Apparently that is the voucher one?
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock