Gamestop Power Saver Sale: 4/1-4/24

• Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1471 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:35 AM

I bought borderlands new for $30 and $20 more on dlc and I still feel it was worth it.

Great game that you can play the hell out of, just get a friend and play split-screen. That is where it is at.

I don't get what the hubbub is about split-screen in FPS games. Sure, it was fun back in the days of Goldeneye, and I love some Mario Kart on split screen, as well as older games. But if I'm playing anything co op,gotta have it over XBL.

#1472 NickNorman

NickNorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

The Borderlands GOTY in my store has the two disc box, but it also says requires 4 something GB's of space.

Apparently that is the voucher one?

You'll need that much space anyway, since the disc installs the add-ons to your hard drive (on that note, you need an Xbox 360 hard drive as well). If it says "voucher," it should be the voucher one.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1473 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Absolutely moronic. You can get a sealed copy (Target) for $20 and if you are going to play it who cares? Guess you can miss out on one of the better action games of the last few years.

So you are now the ultimate arbiter and decider of all things video games? I collect games and want this only for my collection, glad you felt compelled to judge.

#1474 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

So you are now the ultimate arbiter and decider of all things video games? I collect games and want this only for my collection, glad you felt compelled to judge.

darn tootin! jK :bouncy:
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1475 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:00 AM

Ok, I'm tired of people asking the difference between each version of the Borderlands GOTY so I took pics of them. Here is the difference.

Spoiler

If you notice, the Token one says it requires an XBOX Live Connection AND 4.5 GB of storage, while the Disk one says it only needs the 4.5 GB of storage.

I'll see if I can add this to the OP so people will finally stop asking.

#1476 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

If you saw the picture of the 360 ADD-ON CONTENT DISC earlier in this thread, that's how the PS3 disc looks somewhat. It says GAME & ADD-ON CONTENT DISC, and shows the 4 logos of the DLCs. It's pretty sweet actually. It gives you a 'Bonus Content' option right below the game on the XMB, you click it, and there's the 4 DLCs, as if you downloaded them from the Store and were waiting to install them...

(I was lucky to get a sealed copy from GS yesterday.)

I did see those pics, but as i said, i cant look at the disks since its sealed. I have to go by the case itself.

The version with DLC on the disc will say "All 4 add-on packs"

The version with a single use download code will say "Voucher for all 4 add-on packs", or something like that. Emphasis on "Voucher"

I should note, this is what it says on the game case. Not sure if it the verbiage on the discs is different for each version.

hnmm i think this is probably the DLC on the disk version. It does say all 4 add on packs on the cover... and after looking at kulaguy's pic of the xbox version I think i do have the disk version, since it mentions it just requires 4.41 gb of space (no mention of live) and the front says all 4 add on packs

now the only question is whether i truly want to keep this or not! Is the add on worth it? For someone who enjoyed the gameplay of the original game, but was pissed at the ending and never touched it again. Does the add on expand on the story at all and make it worth playing again?

#1477 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

does fallout 3 require precision? i saw few videos and noticed that it got slow motion stuff for aiming, and i'm wondering if i should get it for 360, or wait for steam sale for pc.
i plan on upgrading my pc few months later.

#1478 gxer2002

gxer2002

Cheap game hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

Ok, I'm tired of people asking the difference between each version of the Borderlands GOTY so I took pics of them. Here is the difference.

Spoiler

If you notice, the Token one says it requires an XBOX Live Connection AND 4.5 GB of storage, while the Disk one says it only needs the 4.5 GB of storage.

I'll see if I can add this to the OP so people will finally stop asking.

nice I did the same for the ps3, i'm sure people are still going to ask hahaha...
:ps3: :360: - Gxer2002 :joystick:

#1479 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:17 AM

I did see those pics, but as i said, i cant look at the disks since its sealed. I have to go by the case itself.

hnmm i think this is probably the DLC on the disk version. It does say all 4 add on packs on the cover... and after looking at kulaguy's pic of the xbox version I think i do have the disk version, since it mentions it just requires 4.41 gb of space (no mention of live) and the front says all 4 add on packs

now the only question is whether i truly want to keep this or not! Is the add on worth it? For someone who enjoyed the gameplay of the original game, but was pissed at the ending and never touched it again. Does the add on expand on the story at all and make it worth playing again?

I myself am still playing the main game and have already heard about the ending but have not touched the DLC. AFAIK, from what my friends have told me, it's more of the same. Although, this is from what I heard. I recommend you start looking up reviews on it. The pages about the DLC on the Borderlands Wiki looks like they give plot details.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/DLC

#1480 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:50 AM

Amazon has matched the GOW 3 price
Posted Image

#1481 Mcast

Mcast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

does anyone know if the new Borderlands GOTY ( DLC ON DISK ) comes with the duke nekom forever key

#1482 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:20 AM

does anyone know if the new Borderlands GOTY ( DLC ON DISK ) comes with the duke nekom forever key

Yes, it does.
Posted Image

#1483 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

What all has Amazon matched?

#1484 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

On the 360 version there is a sticker that says "includes duke nukem forever first access pass"

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#1485 bananafish900

bananafish900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:22 AM

Mine did.

#1486 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

Damn, I am tempted into getting that Borderlands GOTY edition but I am also afraid that no one will be playing it. Or if they are, they'll be so much higher level than me
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#1487 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Damn, I am tempted into getting that Borderlands GOTY edition but I am also afraid that no one will be playing it. Or if they are, they'll be so much higher level than me

Joining a higher level can be nice. You get xp for what they kill and you get a ton of it. I ranked up to 15 in an hour playing with my brother
Posted Image

#1488 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

Well, some people have real friends and like to hang out with them irl, and ya know... drink beer, talk etc... Others like to yell at 12-year-olds over a really cool looking headset. It is really each to his own on that one.

wow, assume much? I have real friends I hang out with IRL. All I said was I didn't like split screen on FPS games. Note how I said it was fun back in the day of Goldeneye? And how Mario Kart and older games were still a blast on split screen?

But seeing as you assume, you wouldn't know anything about my hooking up the laptop to the tv for some old school N64 gaming with friends, and us all making the comment of how much more fun it is sitting back playing together instead of over XBL like the good o'l days. Or how playing some of the old Tony Hawk games on the PS2, playing HORSE and renaming it was a lot of fun.

Nope,because I made the comment that FPS games on split screen, taking up half of your screen wasn't as fun as playing over XBL with those same RL friends, means I lack any kind of social interaction whatsover.

Seriously dude, get a life. No one likes that attitude around here, get bent.

#1489 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

hu? what? whats this, ive heard nothing about this, and theres no tag on the box about it..

On the 360 version there is a sticker that says "includes duke nukem forever first access pass"

does the ps3 version do it too? I see no such sticker..

wow, assume much? I have real friends I hang out with IRL. All I said was I didn't like split screen on FPS games. Note how I said it was fun back in the day of Goldeneye? And how Mario Kart and older games were still a blast on split screen?

But seeing as you assume, you wouldn't know anything about my hooking up the laptop to the tv for some old school N64 gaming with friends, and us all making the comment of how much more fun it is sitting back playing together instead of over XBL like the good o'l days. Or how playing some of the old Tony Hawk games on the PS2, playing HORSE and renaming it was a lot of fun.

Nope,because I made the comment that FPS games on split screen, taking up half of your screen wasn't as fun as playing over XBL with those same RL friends, means I lack any kind of social interaction whatsover.

Seriously dude, get a life. No one likes that attitude around here, get bent.

wow you seem to be the one freaking out at the guy. He made a valid apoint, a lot of us prefer gaming with buddies in the room. I MUCH prefer it. Split screen is ok, but honestly system link is the best option in my opinion, and its really sad that most games dont seem to offer it. Luckily boarderlands does, and gears of war did, and i had a blast playing those in my room with my friends (i have mutliple TV's and xbox's)

ahh.. but maybe its just rose collored nostalgia, but nothing really beat the old school days of golden eye and the like with my friends back in the day. It was just such a differnt experience with like 10 guys in the room passing controllers around. The only other thing that was cooler was when there was like 20 of us at a buddies bachelor party. We drug a bunch of tvs over and did some mad halo 2 system link lan games all night. That was a fucking blast. 4 player split screen on each tv. (He was mormon so we couldn't do anything wild, but i didn't mind in retrospect, it was a blast)

#1490 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:28 AM

So this B2G1 free is happening today? And also, is it only used games or new games. I am sorry if this has been answered before but just making sure.

#1491 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'm not quite sure what the recent commotion about Real Life and Split Screens is about, and I'm way too tired to read up on it.

But I just wanted to say that from what I recall from playing Borderlands (vanilla) a year+ or so ago, the split screen co-op wasn't the most exactly the most impressive I've seen. It was playable and the split-screen gameplay was just as fun as single-player, but most of the menus did NOT adjust to the split-screen gracefully, and it was a pain in the ass trying to browse your inventory, compare weapon stats, and/or check your quest logs/maps.

Just my two cents on Borderland's split-screen co-op, although maybe they fixed it since the last time I played. *shrug*

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#1492 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:20 AM

I know they matched 999 and I think I read somewhere here Enslaved as well but not 100% sure on Enslaved.

#1493 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

i was wondering if DJ hero is fun in 2 player mode. Since the tables are only 10 bucks i was thinking of getting a 2nd one for the 360 version i bought to play with friends if its worth it

Was even thinking of getting one for the ps3 and getting the game when it drops in price even possibly. Not sure if theres any difference between the 2 versions

#1494 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

i was wondering if DJ hero is fun in 2 player mode. Since the tables are only 10 bucks i was thinking of getting a 2nd one for the 360 version i bought to play with friends if its worth it

Was even thinking of getting one for the ps3 and getting the game when it drops in price even possibly. Not sure if theres any difference between the 2 versions

DJ Hero is SO much fun with multiplayer! I recommend you get a second turntable. I mean it's only $10. Just make sure it works since those things can be DOA sometimes. Also, DJ Hero 2 is loads better than the first one, just to let ya know. The first is still fun, but the second makes so many improvements. I don't know the difference between XBOX 360 and PS3 versions since I have the 360 version but I would think there isn't much of a difference.

#1495 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

Oh wow just realized you could get DJ Hero 2 $25 shipped, I spent $22 total getting DJ Hero 1, I could have easily upgraded for $3! Ah well, I only need 1 DJ Hero game since they have different songs anyway, and I've got plenty of other games to play... (yes I am trying to make myself feel better :-#)

#1496 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

i was love beatmania... dj hero.. i dont know.. i just order from gs

fallout3 goty and boyland goty .. good luck

#1497 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

i was love beatmania... dj hero.. i dont know.. i just order from gs

fallout3 goty and boyland goty .. good luck

Boyland goty is banned in many countries.. >_>

#1498 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

Think them and Best Buy both have matched the God of War PSP game. Have not been to a BB store to confirm it but the website says it's "on sale" and that it's $19.99.

#1499 pajamahead

pajamahead

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

THX op. Picked up God of War 3, sealed.

#1500 luxuria

luxuria

#1 Time and Eternity Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Boyland goty is banned in many countries.. >_>

Lmfao.

GA3XcNi.png?2?7311